Christmas Fairy.

CHRISTMAS REQUEST WORKSHOP [CLOSED]

Username: amusingmurdermachine
Male idol: EXO's Kai
Scenario: Kai and Ahreum are good friends and co-workers in a fort cafe. Kai gets invited to a high-school-reunion-slash-Christmas-party but he doesn't want to show up there dateless since his first-love-now-ex is going to be there with her current boyfriend. He pleads Ahreum to accompany him and pose as his girlfriend. 
Female: Yoon Ahreum
Title: Christmas Fairy

---

 

Jongin stared at the invitation in his hands and sighed. It was for a Christmas party by the ex-president of his cohort back in high school, and everyone would be there.

And yes, that included his ex-girlfriend.

It wasn’t that they ended on a bad note; Jongin just has a big-man ego and if she was showing up with her current boyfriend and Jongin shows up alone, it might seem like he was still hung up on her and there was no way he was going to show her that.

But it’s not like he could find a girlfriend in such a short period of time; the party’s only a week away and even though his charms are really good he wouldn’t want to go to the party with just anyone either.

He stuffed the invitation into his bag and trudged into the café just a few streets away from his university, deciding to worry about that later.

 

 

He was a regular customer there last time, and slowly as he got to know the baristas there better he decided to apply for a job since he could use the extra money anyway.

The café was like his second home, with everyone taking care of everyone in a family-like way, and not to mention how the boss was always so kind towards his staff.

He made many new friends as well, but they already knew him when he was a regular there. So it was easier for them to warm up to him.

It was such a nice place to work at and Jongin never regretted his decision to have his first job there.

And then there was Ahreum, who came in just a week after Jongin and surprisingly clicked very well with him despite the short time they’ve spent with each other.

Their story was quite cute, really. They’ve worked closing shifts a few times together, and because they lived near the same neighborhood, Jongin would always drop her off at her house before heading home himself.

And one day, he finally got the guts to text her, asking if she had reached home yet (like duh, he even saw her go into her house) and BAM their relationship took off from there.

 

 

 “Hey, Jongin!” Ahreum beamed when she saw the familiar figure walk in, and frowned slightly when he didn’t reply.

“Yah, you okay?” She waved her hands in front of him and he blinked.

“O-oh? Hey.” He attempted a half-hearted wave and placed his bag in the back room before wearing his apron and joining her at the bar.

“Why are you so out of sorts today?” Ahreum asked worriedly. “A penny for your thoughts?”

“Nothing much. I just received an invitation to a Christmas reunion party and I was just thinking if I should go.”

“Of course you should!” Ahreum frowned. “Why wouldn’t you?”

Jongin sighed, explaining his situation and she nodded in understanding. Their boss, Hyunwoo, overheard the conversation and butted in.

“Ain’t that simple; just take Ahreum with you!” He suggested and the Jongin blinked at his suggestion while Ahreum’s cheeks tinted red.

Jongin glanced over at Ahreum. It wasn’t a bad idea really.

“Would you?” Jongin pleaded, and even fished out his puppy-eye card and Ahreum made a face at Hyunwoo.

Ahreum opened to protest but Jongin beat her to it.

“It’s just one night! Few hours, and we’ll be gone. Pleaseeeeeee?” She stared at the pouty face of Kim Jongin and sighed.

“Oh, alright.” She relented. “When is it anyway?”

Hyunwoo snickered as the two slowly got lost in their own conversation and went back into the kitchen.

*I’m guessing I’ll have a new couple here soon.*

 

 

It was finally Christmas Eve and Ahreum fluffed up her dress and twirled her hair a few more times with her fingers, hoping to give it more volume.

“Reum!” Her mom hollered from downstairs. “Jongin’s here!” Ahreum’s heart skipped and she rushed around, grabbing her items and putting them into her clutch bag.

“Coming!” She checked herself one last time in the mirror and once she was satisfied, she headed down.

“That girl,” Mrs Yoon complained. “She’s always taking her own sweet time to get ready.”

“It’s okay,” Jongin chuckled good-naturedly. “I was the one who’s early anyway.”

Mrs Yoon smiled. “Oh look! There she is!”

Jongin looked over to the flight of stairs where Ahreum was walking down from and to say that she was beautiful was an understatement.

She didn’t put on much makeup – just some eyeliner and lipstick – and her dress wasn’t a very formal one either since it was just a casual party, but her beauty just shone through, and Jongin found himself at a loss for words as she reached the bottom of the stairs.

“How do I look?” Ahreum looked up at him and bit her lip, nervous about his opinion.

She grew worried when Jongin was just blinking at her like a gaping goldfish, and Mrs Yoon nudged the boy slightly from the back, hiding her chuckles from the kids.

“Ah- you look good,“ Jongin squeaked and cleared his throat. “I mean, you look great. Beautiful.” He smiled softly and Ahreum found her cheeks heating up at his compliment.

“Alright, you two. Have fun!” Mrs Yoon pushed the two out of the door even before they had time to say goodbye. “Ah, they grow up so fast.” She grinned happily and went back to cooking her stew.

The party was a walking distance from Ahreum’s house, and it was pretty obvious which house was having a party because that house was the only one with bright lights all around the front yard and a bunch of people mingling around.

Jongin slipped his hand into Ahreum’s small ones and took a deep breath. “Let’s do this.”

They went around greeting people; all of them foreign to Ahreum since they were Jongin’s high school friends anyway.

“Hey man!” A tall guy with big eyes greeted Jongin and tilted his head at Ahreum, who was standing behind Jongin. “Who’s that?”

“My girlfriend, Yoon Ahreum,” Jongin slung an arm around her, pulling her forward. “This is Chanyeol, one of my friends from basketball.”

“Nice to meet you,” She bowed politely.

“Aye, no need to be so formal,” Chanyeol waved it away. “Anyway, I saw Jieun earlier and she brought her boyfriend with her as well. She’s inside if you wanna say hi.”

Jongin forced a smile and nodded. “Sure, I’ll see if I’ll see her then.” They left Chanyeol and Jongin led them to the buffet table. “You hungry?”

Ahreum nodded and looked at the food hungrily. “I’m starving, actually.” She admitted sheepishly and Jongin chuckled, grabbing a plate each for the both of them.

“Here,” Jongin grabbed some turkey and placed it on Ahreum’s plate.

“You should get this, too.” She took some chicken wings and placed it on her plate. “You like this, right?”

They moved down the buffet line taking food for each other instead of for themselves, and when they reached the end of the line, a girl waved her hands in front of Jongin.

“It’s really you!” Jieun beamed. “It’s been a while, Jongin. How are you?”

Jongin forced a big smile on his face and slung his free arm around Ahreum. “I’m great. What about you?”

“Pretty okay, I guess. Girlfriend?” Jieun pointed to Ahreum.

“Yeah. Ahreum, this is Jieun. And…” Jongin trailed off, waiting for Jieun to introduce her own boyfriend.

“Ah, this is Minhyuk.” She glanced at the full plate that Ahreum was holding and scoffed a little. “By the way, Ahreum-sshi. You sure you can finish all the food on your plate? Girls shouldn’t eat this much, you know.”

There was a hint of sarcasm in her voice and Ahreum frowned. Before she could even defend herself though, someone else beat her to it.

“I don’t think it’s any of your concern whether she finishes her food or not. And besides, I was the one who filled her plate; I think this girlfriend of mine needs some fattening up.” Jongin glanced down and smiled softly at her. “You should really eat more. You’re getting skinnier nowadays! People might think I’m not feeding you well or something.”

“As if I don’t eat enough usually,” Ahreum rolled her eyes as a smile threatened to form on her face.

“That’s true.” Jongin hummed. “You’re probably the only girl I know who would eat three bowls of rice without a care in the world.”

The two were lost in their own little bubble and Jieun cleared . “Well, that’s nice to know.” She faked a smile and turned to Minhyuk. “Come on, we should go say hi to others as well.”

Once they left, Ahreum rolled her eyes as they found an empty spot in the back yard next to the lamppost. “Can’t believe you used to date her.” She took a bite of the chicken bits. “She’s such a .”

“I didn’t know she was such a either,” Jongin shrugged. To think he used to love her. Hah!

“Well, it’s better that you broke up with her anyway.” Ahreum said with full, and Jongin noticed something on the corner of her lips.

“Yah, can’t you be more like a girl? Look at how messy you are.” He chuckled and reached out to brush the crumbs away.

It was such a natural movement, but time seemed to have slowed down for the both of them.
“Hey, the countdown’s starting!” Someone shouted, breaking them out of their thoughts and Jongin retracted his hands awkwardly as Ahruem looked the other way, cheeks flaming.

“5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Merry Christmas!” Everyone cheered and Ahreum grinned.

“Merry Christmas, Jongin!”

Jongin chuckled. “Merry Christmas,” he looked up, hoping to see if it was going to snow when his eyes landed on something else.

“Oh hey, look. It’s a mistletoe.”

“Oh?” Ahreum looked up as well and let out a smile. “It’s my first time seeing a mistletoe in real life! I always see them on movies where two people under the mistletoe have to ki-“ She faltered when she realized what she was supposed to do now that they were under a mistletoe.

Jongin seemed to realize it a tad belatedly as well and he blushed. “Uh…”

Should he? What if this ruined their friendship forever? Sure, Jongin liked her but what if she didn’t feel the same way? What if-

Jongin stopped thinking when he felt a pair of soft lips on his cheeks. It was a short peck, which lasted for less than a second, but Jongin could still feel the part where Ahreum kissed still burning.

“Uh, Merry Christmas.” Ahreum blushed and Jongin couldn’t help the smile that was tearing his face apart.

“Yah, don’t you know? A mistletoe kiss has to be on the lips.”

Before Ahreum could process anything, his lips landed on hers and her eyes widened. Her eyes fluttered close as she kissed him back, enjoying the sweet Christmas kiss.

Yep, it was a very merry Christmas indeed.

-----

sorry I didn't update yesterday, was out the whole day and had a sleepover at my friend's house aha anw hope you liked it!