A New Christmas Life.

CHRISTMAS REQUEST WORKSHOP [CLOSED]

Username: -airaJiminie- 
Male : Park Jimin
Female : Jeon Sohyun
Plot : Sohyun hate christmas, it is because, her family died on 25 December. But then she meet a boy when she outside her house and crying in cold. She doesn't who is that boy. At last they be a couple.
Title : A New Life Chirstmas (The grammar sounded a little wrong so I rephrased it)

---

 

Sohyun trudged back home solemnly, after visiting the graveyard. It was Christmas for everyone, but for her, it was her parent’s death anniversary.

She sighed as she finally reached her house. As she pushed her front gates, some sniffling sounds came from the bush nearby.

She frowned; did she imagine that?

She shrugged it off, pushing the gates again when it happened again.

It was more distinctive this time, and she walked over to where the sound was coming from.

“Uh…” The boy blinked when Sohyun discovered his hiding spot. “Hi…?” He smiled uncertainly.

Sohyun took a while to take in the sight in front of her: He was disheveled, and his shirt had holes here and there, even though it was a pretty cold winter night.

“You wanna come in?” Sohyun offered, and the boy seemed shocked at her offer.

Heck, even she herself was shocked when started moving on its own.

“I…” The boy hesitated, and Sohyun gave him a warm smile.

“It’s fine, really. And it’s really cold out here.”

Okay, this was a new level for Sohyun. She was dubbed as the cold princess in school, and she never had friends before; not since her parents passed away anyway.

And now, she was actually offering shelter for a boy she just met? She must be crazy.

And yet, when the boy sat down across her at the dining table, enjoying the hot cocoa she offered him, she didn’t regret a single thing.

“Thanks for the drink, uh…” He bit his lip, suddenly realizing that he hadn’t known her name yet.

“Sohyun,” She offered, and he grinned.

“Pretty name,” He commented. “I’m Jimin. And I think I should leave now. Thanks again!”

He was about to stand up when Sohyun’s hand shot out, stopping him. “Wait!”

He blinked at her and she blinked back. “Uh… Where do you stay? Maybe I can send you back?”

“Are you crazy from the cold?” Jimin blurted. “When does the girl send the guy home?” He chuckled. “And you really don’t need to know where I’m going.”

“I want to!” She insisted and Jimin flustered. He was glad that Sohyun was so kind to offer him a source of warmth when it was close to negative degrees outside, but he couldn’t let her know that he didn’t have a place to stay.

But of course, it didn’t take a genius to figure that out and Sohyun tilted her head. “Do you… not have a home?”

Jimin sighed, caught red-handed by her. He nodded silently and stared at the ground, unwilling to meet her eyes.

“You can stay here,” She said softly, and his head shot up to see her smiling face.

And at that moment, Sohyun looked like what an angel would to Jimin.

 

 

She gave him her dad’s clothes – those she couldn’t bear to throw away – and ushered him into the shower. She made sure the guest room was set up nicely and that there were extra blankets in case it got too cold at night. She wondered why she did that; it was really unusual for her to be so kind and warm to someone else, especially someone she just met a few hours ago, not to mention how she discovered him hiding in a bush next to her house.

But somehow, her heart went out to him. Was it out of pity? Or just wanting to help out another poor soul?

She didn’t know her reasons for letting Jimin stay with her. He could be dangerous for God’s sake! But when she saw him preparing breakfast the next day, she couldn’t help but feel her heart warm up.

“Why are you up so early?” She asked, peering over his shoulder to catch a glimpse on what he was cooking.

“Cooking breakfast, if it’s not obvious enough.” He raised an eyebrow amusedly and she shot him a look.

“I know what you’re doing. I meant why?”

“It’s a thank you, for letting me stay here for the night and giving me clean clothes to wear.” He flipped the egg expertly and placed it on a plate, which already has two strips of bacon. “Honestly, if it weren’t for you, I think I might’ve died of hypothermia yesterday night.”

He tried to make a joke out of it, but Sohyun just felt hurt. What kind of life was he living before she found him anyway?

She wanted to ask so many questions: What happened? Why was he outside her house? Why didn’t he have a place to go back to?

But instead, she kept all the questions and ate the breakfast he had prepared.

There’s always another day for questions, anyway.

 

 

As the days turned to weeks, and weeks to months, Sohyun found that she got used to the presence of Jimin around her house, and she couldn't imagine a life without him in it anymore. How she had survived alone for the past few years, she didn’t know.

Everyday when she returned home from school, she would look forward to seeing Jimin’s smile, and anticipating his delicious stews for dinner. For someone who was homeless, his cooking skills were really out-of-this-world.

She missed this feeling – the feeling of being cared for; of being loved; of being wanted.

That was why when one day, she returned home only to see a note left behind by Jimin, she was devastated that he’d decided to leave in the end.

In the note, he stated that he felt burdened that she was the one providing for him all this time, while all he could do was to cook for her.

He said he would be back when he was a better person, and Sohyun held onto that tiny hope that he would keep to his promise.

Christmas rolled by again, and Sohyun had thought at first maybe this Christmas she wouldn’t be as lonely as the previous years, but it turned out to be no different.

She bit her lip as she sighed, walking back to her house after her visit to the graveyard again. Her mind fluttered to Jimin, and she wondered what was he doing then.

Was he okay? Was he freezing in the cold again?

She pushed past her front gates and lifted up her head.

She blinked once. Then twice.

Great, now she’s even hallucinations that Jimin was back. She groaned and knocked her head with her knuckles, and even rubbing her eyes a few times, but he just wouldn’t go away.

Damn, this was a serious hallucination.

Except, he started walking towards her.

And when he cupped her cheeks with his hands and looked into her eyes with the utmost adoration and longing, did she realize that this wasn’t a hallucination at all.

“I missed you,” He whispered and Sohyun started tearing up.

“Aish, you idiot!” She hit his chest hard, but he stood there, enduring all the punches. “Why did you leave all of a sudden? Do you know how rude it was to just leave me a note and leave? Have you ever thought of what I felt?”

Her tears and snot were mixed together, and she was a sobbing mess as Jimin pulled her into his embrace, her hair.

“Then do you know how demeaning it was for me to be taken care of by the woman I love, knowing that I can’t do the same to her?”

“I never wanted you to suffer; I wanted to be a successful person before coming back to find you.” He pulled back and searched her eyes. “Being with you those few months was the happiest time of my life, and I just want you to know that I love you.”

As his lips landed on hers, she could feel his desperation for her, and she kissed back with equal zest, pouring all her longing into the kiss as well.

They finally broke apart for some air and Jimin leaned against her forehead, the two smiling like idiots. “So,” Jimin began. “Wanna invite me in for some hot cocoa?”

-----

 

I hope this was okay! And sorry for the late post!