Because You're Pretty.

CHRISTMAS REQUEST WORKSHOP [CLOSED]

Username: ARMY_BTOBsungjae

Male Idol: BTS Suga

Female: Lee Ranhi (OC)

Plot/Scenario: Suga is a ghost who lives with an unsuspecting Ranhi who is depressed. He falls in love, tries to stop her from suiciding but she dies anyway and they meet as ghosts.

Title: Because You're Pretty (Haha got this plot idea from a MV ;)

---

 

Ranhi held the knife blade against her wrist in the bathtub, tears falling into the water.

How many times had she done this already?

How many times did she wish for everything to end with a slice of her wrist?

It started when she was twelve, when her dad left the family to a new one, and suddenly Ranhi was forced to grow up and never had the chance to enjoy her childhood fully.

Her mom had been depressed and cried everyday, screaming at Ranhi that it was all her fault that her dad left. Her mom died from overdosing of pills two years later, and she was put under the care of her uncle and aunt, who hated her mom, which resulted in them hating Ranhi as well.

She was abused at their house everyday, and if you thought that Cinderella was just a fairytale, Ranhi can tell you that such treatment does exist in this world.

She started cutting her wrist, and it slowly became and addiction; she liked the pain inflicted because at least for that moment, it hurt more than what happened in her life.

Maybe this time, she'd have enough courage to do what people thought she would never do.

She placed her wrist into the water and with a quick slice of the knife, the water slowly turned crimson.

Maybe this time, she could finally feel free.

 

 

 

"Hey, you okay?" She felt a tap on her arm.

That's odd. Didn't she die?

"Yah, wake up." She opened her eyes and stared at the guy beside her.

She was still in the bathtub, and the whole tub was colored red with the overflowing water. So there's no way that she's still alive.

...Right?

The guy crouched down to her eye-level and squatted next to the bathtub.

"It's confusing, isn't it?"

Ranhi nodded and blinked at him.

"I'm not dead?" She whispered softly.

Suga sighed and stood up, holding his hand out.

She looked at him questioningly and he let out an exasperated sigh.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the tub, and once she stepped out everything became clear to her.

There, in the tub, was her own lifeless body.

"Why did you do it?" He stared at her body and asked.

"I was suffering," she said softly. "But now I'm free."

Just then, a knock came on the door and both of them turned around.

"Yah,you wretch. What are you doing in there!" Her aunt screamed. When there wasn't any answer, she screamed again. "Yeobo! Knock the door down! She's been in there since god knows when and I need to get my stuff!" A while later, the door burst open and the two humans stared at the tub.

"Omona." Her aunt walked towards the tub with wide eyes.

"Aish, look at this wretch!" Her aunt stomped her feet angrily and gritted her teeth. "She dirtied my bathroom! Now people would know that someone died in here; what if we want to sell the house next time? Nobody would buy a house that somebody died in!"

Ranhi could feel the words piercing her heart like arrows; every word that came out from her aunt's mouth were like venom.

Suga felt anger rise up in him, and his first instinct was to cover Ranhi's ears so she could't hear.

Ranhi closed her eyes, biting her lips till it hurt.

Even after she died, she still had to suffer.

Suga saw her face and he slipped his hand into hers, leading her out of the house.

Ranhi followed and when she felt the breeze outside, she opened her eyes.

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know," Suga shrugged. "Somewhere where you won't suffer anymore. Anywhere I guess."

"Why are you helping me?" Ranhi was beyong confused. She was used to abuse; to being in solitary. But kindness? This was the first time she was on the receiving end.

"We don't even know each other."

Suga smiled wistfully as he led her to the park. "You don't know me, but I know you." Ranhi raised an eyebrow.

"I actually commited suicide as well, like you." He continued. "I died five years ago, and when I realized that I became a wandering spirit, I went from house to house, occasionally scaring people by doing weird with their furniture." He chuckled at the memory. "Then I got to your aunt's house and saw you being abused by them. I felt so angry for you then; why should an innocent being be subjected to this?"

Ranhi's tears fell again at the painful memories and Suga wiped her tears away. "But when you smile at the smallest thing, it lighted up the whole world. It lighted up my world. I hated it whenever you cut yourself, but I couldn't do anything about it; I can only touch inanimate objects, but when a human is holding them I can't touch it. I've been watching you suffer and your smiles get lesser and lesser, but I hope that when you're with me, you'll light up my world with your smiles again."

Ranhi's heart skipped a beat at Suga's confession. To think that there was someone who was watching after her all this while, and she was wallowing in her own depression.

"Hey, why are you crying again?" Suga chuckled softly and wiped her tears away, giving her a light peck on her forehead.

"Thank you."

"For what?" He blinked.

"For noticing me when nobody else bothered to." She gave him a small smile and Suga smiled back.

"So," Suga held her hands in his warm, big ones. "Where do you want to go now? Do you have a place in mind?" He asked.


Ranhi looked up at him and gave him the smile that he hadn't seen for a long time. "As long as I'm you, anywhere would be fine."

 

-----

this was a little depressing to write but I hope I got your idea right! Hope you liked it (: