Secret Santa.

CHRISTMAS REQUEST WORKSHOP [CLOSED]

Username: exsuho1004
Male: B.A.P Youngjae
Female: Lee Eunhye
Plot: Eunhye and Youngjae become each other's secret santa at a Christmas party and their friends tease them because they know that the two of them have feelings for each other. They get embarrass and leave the party, thus ending up spending time with each other and confess to each other. 
Title: Secret Santa

 

---

“So what did you get for your gift?” Jimin asked Eunhye as they walked towards Hyeri’s house, where the Christmas party was held. The three became instant friends when they joined the university’s Journalist Club, and Hyeri had suggested a small gathering for the club on Christmas.

And secretly, Eunhye was hoping for a certain someone to show up as well.

Eunhye shrugged at Jimin’s question. “Not telling; who knows if you’d be picking my gift or not?”

There was going to be a Secret Santa gift exchange as suggested by everyone, and they had to get a gift each for exchanging later on.

It was meant to be done randomly, where someone picks from the lot of names to see whose gift would they get, and since there were people of both genders, Eunhye decided to play safe and got a mug for the gift exchange.

“Well, I got a photo frame for my gift,” Jimin announced proudly.

“Pity the person who’d get your gift, then.”

“Yah Lee Eunhye!”

 

 

Hyeri’s parents were out of town for the holidays, so there were obviously alcohol going around, junk food, and mindless bonding games like truth-or-dare.

It was finally time for the gift exchange, and Hyeri took out a small cup with all their names inside.

“Alright guys! Time for gifts!” She announced excitedly and Eunhye casted a small glance at the boy across her as she cheered excitedly along with the others.

Youngjae was in her Calculus class, and even though they were classmates and club mates, Eunhye was kinda disappointed that they were still at the awkward-hello-goodbye stage.

She had to admit, she was a little taken by how he’s always so quiet, but when he’s with his friends he goes full-out crazy. It was a very cute side of him, and Eunhye hoped that she could get to know that side of him, too.

She was so absorbed in her thoughts that Hyeri had to shake the cup right in front of her face to snap her out of her thoughts.

Eunhye blinked and laughed sheepishly when Hyeri raised an eyebrow. “I know you like him but can’t you keep it low-profile?” She teased and Eunhye blushed as she picked a name and pushed Hyeri to the next person.

Soon, everyone had gotten a name but because Hyeri had gotten her own name, everyone had to pick again. And this time, Eunhye had gotten Youngjae’s gift.

“Oooo you guys practically exchanged gifts!” Himchan, another cheeky guy wiggled his eyebrows when he realized that Youngjae had gotten Eunhye’s gift as well.

The two met eyes and looked away; Youngjae clearing his throat while Eunhye tried to fight the blush that was creeping up her neck.

“Open your gifts, everyone!” Hyeri announced and Himchan whined when he realized what he got.

“Yah Song Jimin, what kind of a gift is a photo frame!”

“Hey! It’s a good gift!” Jimin defended and Himchan rolled his eyes.

“Yes, if we were still in the 80s or 90s!” He refuted. “Who uses photo frames anyway?”

Eunhye chuckled softly at the bickering and tuned out as she unwrapped her present, only to blink in surprise.

She frowned and blinked.

And blinked again.

She looked up at Youngjae, who seemed to realized what had happened as well, and the two of them broke out into laughter when realization sinked in.

Himchan broke away from the argument when he heard the laughter and looked between the two.

“Aw,” he cooed. “You guys got the same mug as a gift! Is this a couple telepathy or some sorts?”

Eunhye casted a glare towards his direction, trying to look as annoyed as she could. “Aish, at least I got a mug. You got a photo frame.” She stuck her tongue out childishly and stood up. “I’m going to the bathroom.”

Eunhye walked past the bathroom towards the back door, and when she was certain nobody was behind her, she walked out.

She breathed in the cold winter air and smiled. It was cold, yes, but Eunhye preferred the coldness to the hot summer sun anyway.

“A penny for your thoughts?” A voice rang out behind her, and she whirled around in shock.

“Oh, it’s you, Youngjae-sshi.” She could feel the warmth spreading across her cheeks and she thanked the heavens that she had the cold to blame it on.

“Thanks for the mug,” He grinned and Eunhye laughed.

“Same here. Can’t believe we got the same mug for the gift exchange.”

“Well, now we know how much our gifts cost.” He shrugged.

“What are you doing out here anyway?” Eunhye asked as she headed to the porch swing. Youngjae sat down beside her and started swinging lightly.

“Because you’re not in there.” The way he said it so simply and as-a-matter-of-factly made Eunhye’s heart skip a beat.

“How did you know I came out anyway?” Eunhye was curious. “I said I was heading to the bathroom.”

“Sixth sense, I guess? Or the fact that the bathroom door was open when I walked past it.” Youngjae bit back a grin and Eunhye stilled.

“…Right.” She mentally smacked herself.

“So I’m guessing you’re enjoying this party as much as I am?”

Eunhye hummed in response. “It’s okay. I’m not a party person to begin with anyway.”

“Me neither. How about we ditch this and celebrate on our own?”

 

 

Which was how five minutes later, the two were running down the streets and towards the Han River, hoping the fireworks hadn’t started yet.

“Oh!” Eunhye exclaimed. “We’re just in time!” She tried to catch her breath and leaned against the railing.

“Look! They’re starting!” She didn’t realize that her hand was still in Youngjae’s, until she wanted to point to the place where the fireworks were supposed to fire from.

She blushed when she met his eyes again, and tried to shrug his hand off, but his grip remained firm.

“I like you,” He blurted and she stopped struggling.

Whaaa…?

“Eh?” She croaked, her eyes getting wider by the second.

“I said, I like you, Lee Eunhye. And don’t try to lie that you don’t like me. I’ve heard enough rumors around the club to know that you like me, too.” He starred at her intently and she felt like she could melt into a puddle if not for the fact that rumors spread faster than she’d thought.

Darn her gossipmonger friends.

“…Okay fine,” She relented. “I like you, too; but this wasn’t how I planned to confess!” She whined. “I even wrote a letter for you and I was gonna wait till Valentine’s or when my confidence level shot up or somethi-“ She was promptly cut off when Youngjae’s lips landed on hers.

It was a brief fluttering kiss, but it made Eunhye lose all her senses nonetheless.

“Confessing should be done by the guy, silly.” Youngjae chuckled and leaned forward again. Eunhye closed her eyes, prepared for the kiss this time.

Except, it never came.

She frowned and opened her eyes, only to find Youngjae grinning in front of her. “A little too eager for my kisses, aren’t you?”

“Shut up,” She muttered. Just then, the fireworks started and Eunhye beamed. “It’s so pretty.” She sighed in awe when Youngjae landed a small peck on her lips again.

“Yes, you are.”

“Aren’t you a sweet-talker?” Eunhye scoffed, but she couldn’t help the red tints on her cheeks. Damn, this boy was really getting to her.

“Hey, Yoo Youngjae doesn’t lie.” He smiled down at her and pulled her closer by the waist. “And I love you.”

Eunhye softened at his words and smiled back. “I love you, too.”

And that was the most memorable Christmas the two ever had. 

 

-----

 

I'm sorry this took a while and it sorta spun out-of-control in the middle and I felt that it kinda deviated from your prompt but I hope you liked it anyway!