Occuring

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Shinhye wakes up the next day without Yonghwa by her side.

She glances over to the alarm clock, it only 6.30 in the morning.

“Where could he go?”

She wonders, pushing the blanket to her legs before she walks to the bathroom, traces of water were there which means that Yonghwa just had his shower few minutes ago.

She made the bed and take a shower, checking on Minhyuk and set on the baby radio before she walks down to the kitchen, smiling at Yonghwa’s employee who was about to start cooking breakfast.

“Did he ate?”

“Not yet madam. Master said he will wait for you.”

“Let’s start then. Eomonim?”

“She is still in her room.”

Shinhye nods and converse a little bit with them before she take charge of the cooking.

“Please put them on the dining table, I’ll check if Minhyuk is up.”

“Sure madam.”

Shinhye is still reluctant about them calling her madam but she had to let them.

There are rules of socializing and since she is Yonghwa's wife now, she can't act carelessly.

She climbs the stairs and went to Minhyuk bed, smiling when he slept with his mouth open, limbs sprawling on the bed.

“You slept well alone and here I thought you will be looking for me.”

She turns off the radio and sat on the sofa, watching as Minhyuk turns and stretch and as soon as he saw Shinhye, he cracks a smile.

Shinhye cooed and holds him, making him giggle and holds her face.

“Let’s just wash your face, and we could have breakfast with your appa.”

Shinhye went down and Yonghwa was there, standing near the dining room on his phone.

His forehead line was visible and he had that grim look on his face.

“It must be about his work.”

She thought and silently makes her way to the dining room.

But as soon as Yonghwa saw her, his cold look turns bright and he kisses her head, taking Minhyuk in his arm and mumbles a ‘I call you later’ and ends the call.

“I had a very important call to make so I woke up early.”

He said, snuggling his nose on Minhyuk stomach, the toddler laughs in ticklish.

“You should wake me up. I can get your clothes and make you coffee.”

“You are my wife, baby. Why should you do all the work? I can do it.”

He caresses her hair and rested his forehead on hers.

“Let’ eat.”

Shinhye nods, today too, she feels her heart flutters.

Yonghwa places Minhyuk on his chair, declines when the maid offer to take care of Minhyuk’s breakfast.

He insist on feeding him, even Shinhye was told off when she offers to do so.

“Let him do it. He has to at least do that.”

Said Mrs. Jung, chuckling.

Shinhye gives up again, eating her own share of breakfast.

***

“I hope you aren’t hurt from my action.”

Yonghwa said when they are cuddling on the bed.

“From which?”

“Is there more than one?”

“Aniyo. I’m just confused if there is any.”

Yonghwa laughs and kisses Shinhye’s hair.

“When I want to take care of Minhyuk. You as a mother, maybe you are hurt by it.”

“Aniyo oppa. I’m happy.”

“You sure?”

Shinhye just nod instead of saying anything.

Yonghwa too was silent until few moment later; he let out a sigh.

Shinhye looks up at him, wonder in her eyes but her husband is looking up at the ceiling, as if trying to arrange words to say.

“What is it?”

She asks in a motherly tone while rubbing his chest.

Yonghwa holds the hand and pulls her closer.

“I want a perfect family. Always wanted one. Father, mother, kids. I grow up without a father figure. It’s hard chagi. Too hard. I have no father figure to turn to when I have boys problem, I don’t have a father to teach me how to swing baseball bat, I don’t have him to tell me that I do good when I succeed in anything.”

“You have eomonim.”

She said slowly, trying to coax him and Yonghwa smiled.

She feels him nodding.

“True, but omma is always careful. We haven’t spend that much time together. She is always abroad.”

“Why?”

“For safety.”

She nods, taking everything in her mind.

“That’s why I want Minhyuk to get all the attention he can from me. My work, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter