His Disease

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“We are sorry to tell you that Mr. Lee is diagnosed with Blood Cancer, final stage.”

Shinhye grips the table with one hand while the other cups ; a tear escapes her doe eyes.

“Doctor.”

“I’m sorry Mrs. Lee. We are starting the treatment right away to see if he can cope with it.”

“Please doctor. Do anything that can save him.”

“We are Mrs. Lee. And one more thing.”

Shinhye looks at the old doctor that wrinkled his forehead as he stares at her apologetically.

“Is it about the expenses?”

He nods after some time.

“Will it need lots of money?”

“It might be more than you can imagine. So, we need you to sign few papers of consent. If Mr. Lee’s parent.”

“I’ll sign the forms. There is no need to seek from them.”

“If you say so, we will respect your decision and right as Mr. Lee’s closest guardian.”

Shinhye sighs and nods.

“We have some savings. I hope that will do for the mean time.”

“This is the amount that needed for his treatment for now.”

He shows her another form and Shinhye closes her eyes.

She needs to give up their house for sale and that is the first thing that she has to do when she leave the doctor’s room.

She can stay a while in her in laws.

She hopes they will allow her to.

“The expenses might double if he copes with the treatment. He need to undergo chemotherapy and few test that only Seoul Hospital have. He need to be transferred there.”

Shinhye just can nods again even though not all of the doctor’s explanation went to her ear.

She was thinking of many things right now.

Minhyuk is just barely 2 months.

She herself just feels her body in a good fit before Jonghyun was hospitalized after he fainted while he met some clients.

They thought that it was anemic and he is just mere tired but who think that her loving husband suffered from cancer.

Again, her tears flowed on her cheek.

She wipes it away, feeling the need to be strong and she smiled at the doctor.

“Does he knows?”

“We haven’t told him yet.”

“Don’t tell him. Let him think that he is just anemic.”

“But he’ll know sooner or later.”

“Let me be the one responsible for that. I’ll tell him when the time is right.”

“Sure Mrs. Lee.”

The kind doctor obliged and asks her to sign another paper.

She signed after she reads the content and looks at the doctor.

“Can I see my husband?”

He hesitates for a while before he answers.

“Sure.”

                                                                                ***

Shinhye composed herself when she entered Jonghyun’s ward.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter