Scared~

Accidentally fall for you

Scared

 

Woozi POV

I’ve went back to Seoul by train and it took 2 hours to get to Seoul. I went to the station around 5.00am since the train will arrived at 5.30am. Mom, dad and grandma waited for the train with me. I got back in the dorm and got greeted by Joshua and Minghao. The others are still at home with their parents. I put my bags in my room and suddenly I received a call from Yookyung. I answered it and Jeongcheol hyungs voice seems like he’s crying. “Jihoon-ah…. You’ve to come here…” he said. “where.. what’s wrong hyung?” I asked. “ Seoul Hospital. Yookyung is in the ICU room.. hurry..” said Jeongcheol hyung and hung up.

I quickly went out from the bedroom. “Hey.. where are you going?” asked Joshua. “It’s yookyung.. she needs me.” I said as Joshua and Minghao followed me at the back. We went there by taxi and I told Joshua and Minghao about the call I received. Around 15 minutes we arrived and I quickly asked the nurse about an injured patient. “Miss yookyung is at the 3rd floor ICU” said the nurse. I thanked her and quickly went towards the elevator. My heart is beating so fast.. I was scared.

On the 3rd floor, the whole family was there waiting for yookyung. Grandma was crying while yookyung’s mom holding her. Jeongcheol hyung is the only one that I saw slightly injured at the head. I quickly went towards him.. Myeonghwan hyung was comforting him since he looked traumatized. “what just happened..” I asked then Seungwook hyung dragged me near the elevator along with Joshua and Minghao. “They were on the way to yookyung’s campus but on the way.. when the green light showed up.. Jeongcheol hyung didn’t notice that there was a lorry heading towards them. Since the lorry was at yookyung side.. she’s in the ICU now.. Because she was bleeding a lot at the head.” said Seungwook hyung. “Jeongcheol said it’s his fault because he didn’t dodged the lorry.. we tried to comfort him.. but until Yookyung isn’t discharged from the ICU.. Jeongcheol hyung will keep blaming himself.” he said. “But the lorry was trying to avoid it though… It hit the car’s bump that’s why yookyung’s and Jeongcheol hyung’s head was hit at the car’s counter but Jeongcheol was saved by the airbag while yookyung’s airbag came out a little late.” he said.

We waited for yookyung 15 minutes, and the doctor came out. “Which one is her guardian?” the doctor asked. “I am.” yookyung’s mom and dad came towards the doctor. Then we all came towards the doctor. “She’s still unconscious but she’ll be okay tomorrow morning but… she won’t be normal like she used to be… She suffered of Head Trauma. Head Trauma causes sensorineural hearing loss. Her inner ear is damage because of the bump on her head is quite hard. but her memory cord is really strong though.. Usually head trauma might cause memory lost but she didn’t.” he said.  “If you’d like to visit her.. you should visit tomorrow because visiting time is over. We’ll put her in an ordinary ward after things have settled. While her guardians please fill out some forms.” said the doctor and yookyung mom and dad followed.

Jeongcheol hyung fell on his knees at the ground, keep repeating it’s his fault. ‘Hyung.. it’s not your fault hyung.. You didn’t saw it.” said Joshua hugging Jeongcheol hyung. Jeongcheol hyung tears kept on falling down his cheeks. “Jihoon-ah I’m sorry..” said Jeongcheol hyung and hugged me. Unexpectedly…  I felt his sadness.. and I missed her. My tears starting to slowly slowing down..

Joshua, Minghao and I went back to the dorm and everyone rushed towards us. “What happened..?” asked seungkwan and hoshi. I can’t talk so I just ignored them and went to my room. But I heard Joshua and Minghao whispered to them what just happened. I opened the door and saw seungcheol came towards me. “Jihoon-ah.. Why don’t you rest… I’ll make sure the kids won’t make any noise. I nodded and seungcheol left closing the door. I wish all of this will just be a part of a nightmare. I’m scared.

 


Jeongcheol POV

I was traumatized… I was scared… It’s my fault… I ignored all of them even my girlfriend…It was my fault. Once I arrived home… I went to my room and wrapped myself with my blanket. Then a couple of warm hands touched my shoulders, I looked up and saw my mom. “Jeongcheol-ah.. it’s not your fault… You didn’t saw it.. It’s okay…” she said. “I should’ve looked by her side.. if I did…. and I’ll avoid it.. and nothing like this would happened.” I said. “That is what we called fate…” she said. I didn’t know what to say because… what she said was true. “Not everything that we planned turned out like we wanted.” she said.  “I’m afraid mom… I’m afraid-“ “what.. she won’t wake up?” she said. “you know your sister… she’s a free spirited girl… she’s strong… she can do it… Just don’t worry about her.. she’ll be fine.” said mom and hugged me.”Just don’t think about it too much okay..” she said and left.

 

 


Woozi POV

Next morning…

I sneaked out of the dorm quietly and took the cab to Seoul Hospital. I went to Seoul hospital and found out that yookyung discharged from the ICU last night and transferred to Ward 372 which is on the 2nd floor. I went into yookyung’s ward and saw her still sleeping peacefully on her bed. I sat beside her and suddenly the doctor came in. “Oh!... are you his guardian?” he asked. “I’m a friend.” I said. “Since her guardian isn’t here… I assume you’re her closest friend.. I’ll tell you what happened to her.” said the Doctor and I nodded.

“Due to the accident that happened yesterday.. when the lorry made contact towards the car, the lorry hit the back of the car making both of their heads hit the counter of the car. But her brother isn’t badly injured because the airbag came out as soon as the lorry made contact with the car. But for yookyung’s case.. The airbag at her seat didn’t came out properly making her head hit at the counter. And because of that.. she suffered with Head-Trauma. Head Trauma causes hearing loss.” he said.

“so she’s deaf now…” I said slowly and the doctor nodded slowly.  “But she’s not mute.. Around 10% out of 100% people are deaf but not mute.. Another 90% suffered with both.” said the doctor. “But if a person is deaf some of them turned mute because they couldn’t hear their voices.”  I nodded listening to the doctor’s explanation. “Thank You Doctor.” I said and he left.

I held her hand and caressed it softly. I felt really bad now… Although it’s not my fault… It’s not anyone’s fault..This is fate. I promised I’ll stay with her whatever happens. Then her family came right in… “Jihoon-ah.. You’re early..” said Seungwook hyung and I smiled. “I have something to tell you though..” I said.

 

 


Yookyung POV

I felt someone’s hand… I held it weakly and slowly opened my eyes. The first person that I saw was Jihoon… Because he was the one holding my hand . Everyone looked at me… weird.. I didn’t hear anything. Anything at all.. Jihoon explained something to my family.. and I realized… I’m Deaf. I didn’t want to show my tears… but I can’t… Now.. I can’t hear their voices.. Everything… nothing… unexpectedly my tears flailing down my cheeks uncontrollably. I tried to smile… but I can’t…

Jihoon held me tightly… the more I cried… I felt sorry for Jihoon because I won’t hear his voice and the others… It won’t be the same. Jihoon caressed my head while all of my family came hugging me tightly and crying. I couldn’t hear a thing. Anything…

Woozi POV

I tried to comfort her as best as I can.. Since Yookyung’s parents have to deal with work tomorrow.. her brothers have to go start a new semester and I’ll be the one will take care of her the whole day starting tonight.

While her family are still here.. Jaehwa hyung and I went to a toy store to buy a magnet board for yookyung. We bought it and went straight to the hospital. “Jihoon-ah… you should go eat lunch now.. after that we exchange.” said Myeonghwan hyung. “It’s okay…. you guys should eat first..” I said. They nodded.

Yookyung POV

It took a lot of courage for me to accept it. But I tried… Because I want them to see that I’m not suffering inside.… They wrote that they’re going to have lunch while Jihoon is here with me. Once they left.. Jihoon looked at me… By his expression I knew that he said “are you okay”. I looked at him and smiled while I caressed his left cheek with my thumb.

“I’ll learn sign language for you in the mean time before I bought you a hearing aid” he wrote. “It’s okay… instead let’s learn together.” I wrote and erased it. “Let’s work together from now on but don’t waste your time to much for me.” I wrote. Erased. “I don’t want you to focus much on me.. I’m afraid about you and your members future.” I wrote and erased. “If they are my members.. they should support me like they always do.” He wrote. Erased it. “I trust them. And I did promise you that whatever happens.. I’ll be right here for you.” He wrote and kissed my forehead.

Woozi POV

I promised Ailee nuna to participate in her new album. I’m in charge of writing the lyrics. I messaged her that I’ll be late. Yookyung’s food came in and I fed her. She eats it slowly since she was still shock by the fact that she’s deaf now.

Then she takes the notes beside her and wrote, “are you okay being with a hearing impaired?” she wrote and showed it to me. I put aside her food and sat on her bed facing her. I leaned in and pecked every part of her face and lastly her lips. I showed her my pinky means that I told her I promised to stay with her whatever happens. I wrote to her “I love you just the way you are”. Then she hugged me tightly.

After that her family came right in.. They thanked me and I went to the recording studio. I told them I might come in late since I’ll be taking care of her tonight.

Yookyung POV

Jihoon left after that. Jeongcheol oppa can’t even look at me anymore… I knew he felt sorry. “Do you want to eat anything?” wrote Myeonghwan oppa. I shake my head. Instead I wrote that I want to have a one in one conversation with Jeongcheol oppa. After that Myeonghwan told mom and the others except for Jeongcheol.

 


Jeongcheol POV

My girlfriend told me that I’ll be fine. But I’m still scared. I can’t face my little sister. “Jeongcheol-ah.. would you mind taking care of your little sister before Jihoon gets back. We have to make sure granny eats her medicine.” Said mom and left me alone with Yookyung.

Yookyung gestured her hand to me asking me to come and sit on the bed. I went to her and sat down but I didn’t face her. Every time I looked at her wound.. It frightens me. I felt her touched my shoulders as she showed me the board. “I’m fine.” As she smiled. “It’s not your fault.. it’s fate” she wrote. She erased it and wrote again. “Who else can I lean on if you can’t even look at me.?” She wrote. I cried a bit and hugged her.

Woozi POV

It was 12.00AM, I went back to the hospital.. when I went to her ward.. she was in the bathroom. As soon as I walked in she came out. I made a gesture asking why isn’t she sleeping yet. She made a gesture saying that she had to go. Honestly it’s kind of hard for us to have a conversation now… I missed her voice though. I wrote to her “why don’t you try talking.?” And then she wrote “it’s irritating if I don’t get to hear my voice”. “try it once” I wrote. And the first word that came out from is “I love you”. I smiled at her and wrote “you should sleep now”. She took the note from me and wrote “Sing me a lullaby” and she wrote again “although I can’t hear but at least I know you’re singing it for me.” I tucked her in bed and sang her Tim Sunbae’s song “I Love You” while patting her shoulders slowly till she fell asleep.