Busan

Accidentally fall for you

Busan

 

Yookyung POV

12 September 2016, one of the biggest earthquake happened in Korea.. Everything was damaged though. Chuseok is around the corner. All of the family tidied their houses. Even our mirrors shattered and Jaehwa oppa’s room need a lot of cleaning to do since he’s room is downstairs. We tidied the whole place.. it was tiring.. even our parents are home helping out for the first time in one day they stopped working.

“Chuseok is tomorrow!! I can’t wait to go back to the fields~” said Jeongcheol oppa. “Yaaa~ I missed our hometown” said grandma. We were all relaxing on the couch since the tv broke because of the earthquake. We just listened to the radio eating ice cream that we made yesterday.

“Are mom and dad going to come back early today?” I asked. “Yup! I can’t wait till we arrive to Busan though” said myeonghwan oppa. “I want to go to the beach though” I said. Everyone looked at me “Beach~~!!” They shouted excitedly.

 

The car is filled with music, as we all sang along to it on the way to Busan. “This is our first complete vacation.. usually you guys will go altogether but now we’re here.” said our Dad. “Everyone remember the ritual starts early in the morning tomorrow.” said Jengcheol. “Nae~” everyone said.

Around 4.30pm we arrived Busan, everyone woke up with a mark of saliva on their cheeks. Once we got out of the car our Grandmother went straight to the door house. “Yaaa~ I missed you. Did you miss me?” said grandma and she went in.

It’s been a long time since we’re here after grandpa died. His grave is in Busan, that’s why we all will do the ritual here so we’ll felt close with grandpa. Tomorrow after the ritual we’re going to tidy up grandpa’s grave.

“Yookyung since you’re the only girl and your mom, let’s make songpyeon.” i nodded. Actually last year we didn’t went to Busan due to mom and dad’s schedule and grandma was sick that time so we just did the ritual here in Seoul. Back 2 years ago we went to Busan but without mom, dad and grandma. We did the ritual ourselves in Busan. Grandma, mother and I went to the market. It’s been awhile though.

“Grandma what are we making tomorrow?..” I asked “We are making all traditional foods tonight after dinner. Songpyeon, Hangwa, and Japchae.” said grandma. After we bought all of the ingredients, we stopped at a nearby convenient store. I went in alone while mom and grandma waits in the car.


 

Woozi POV

Mom,Grandma and Dad went to market, I overslept and my parents understand that I might be tired so they just let me rest. I arrived Busan last night, I was so tired though. I went to Busan by train bymyself. Once I arrived, my dad was waiting for me. He was half asleep waiting for me. I woke him up he was startled a bit and shoots me the warmest smile that a father can give. We went back home, Mom was waiting for us. I opened the door and saw my mom laying down on the couch waiting for us. Dad waked mom up and she hugged me.

“You should rest for the night… you must be really tired after all those schedules you’ve been through.” said mom. Then. I went in my old bedroom. Every memories that I spent here when I was little. After a while Pledis called me said that I’ve been accepted and I went to Seoul. Only a few times my parents would come visit me because Busan is so far away. I didn’t want to make it  burden for both of them.. so sometimes  I told them I was a bit busy but eventually I would try to call them saying how sorry I was.

I went to the convenient store nearby and saw a familiar figure looking through the beverage section. Once she got a hold of the drinks she turned around. Yookyung..? “Jihoon-ah?” she said. I was still shocked though I didn’t know that her hometown is in Busan.  If it were, I didn’t know we would be this close. “Happy almost Thanksgiving.” she said. I nodded happily. “I guess we’re all going to be pretty busy tonight..” I said.

“Yeah.. pretty tight schedule though… “ she said. “But after Chuseok is done… when are you coming back to Seoul?..” she asked. “I don’t know since I got 2 weeks’ vacation might spend it wisely…” I said and continued. “I’ve an idea though… why don’t we spend our time here even for a short time since it’ll be hectic” I said to make sure to be aware of reporters.


Yookyung POV

I was shocked by that… and I felt my cheeks burning. “yeah… let’s do that..” I said but didn’t looked at him straight in the eyes. I paid for it and left since we didn’t want it to be obvious. Once we got back home the cooking happens. Our house was filled with laughter and excitement waiting for tomorrow and we’re going to visit Grandpa after so many years.

 

After Chuseok happened, everything was settled and we already have time to rest. I went to the kitchen for awhile.. My dad called me at the backyard, so I went out. “What is it dad?” I asked. “Yookyung-ah.. I’m sorry if we didn’t spend a lot of time with you that much since we got new jobs. Everything was a bit awkward and you knew that.” said Dad. “But… after Chuseok.. we become pretty close.. besides I don’t mind.. I know you guys are working hard enough to make sure our family eat and sleep and received great education. Thanks dad.” I said. To be honest, before dad was promoted, I was so close with him but once he promoted… our relationship become so.. i don’t know.. not close. I went back in after talking with Dad.

“Yookyung-ah.. your boyfriend called so I answered it.” said Mom. “what..” I said. “How’d you know I’ve a boyfriend.” I asked. “Well there’s this unusual love emoji besides it’s name so I assumed it is your boyfriend jihoon…” said mom.. I blushed and just looked at the floor. “I asked to have dinner with us tonight.” she said. “Then what did he said?” I asked curiously. “He doesn’t hesitated and just said yes.” said Mom.


Woozi POV

I didn’t expect her mom would answer. She asked me to bring the whole family though.. I saw my parents and Grandma watching tv. I went to the living room and sat beside my grandma on the floor. “Um…” I coughed to get their attention and looked at Dad. Dad looked at me and he understand that I wanted to tell them something. He lowered the volume “What is it Jihoon?” he asked. Actually I’ve told my dad that I’ve a girlfriend when we were at the Mcdonalds that afternoon. “I only told Dad about this so.. um… mom, grandma I’ve a girlfriend.” I said it. man I felt something burning inside me. “Uwaa~~.. Congratulation Jihoon-ah~” said Grandma. “Our Jihoon is a man now..” said Mom. “So when is the marriage.?” asked grandma. I felt my cheeks burning. “Grandma!~” I shouted. Grandma just grinned sheepishly towards me. “And tonight.. she.. well her mom invited us to dinner at their house.” I said. “That would be nice!” my dad shouted and clapped his hands. “we have to make you look pretty mom” said dad to Grandma. “Yaa~ this is the first time I will see Jihoonie’s girlfriend” said mom excitedly. It was almost 7.00PM so they vanished from the living went straight to their bedrooms to get ready. I’m getting nervous though.

Yookyung POV

We were all preparing dinner for tonight, waiting for Jihoon and his family to arrive.. Around 8.00PM we heard the sound of a vehicle. Dad stepped out and shouted my name. “Yookyung! Your boyfriend is here!” he said. Why does he had to say that loudly.

“Jihoon-ah~~” my brothers went to him and hugged him tightly since Jihoon is a small pumpkin. We all greeted Jihoon’s family and everything started. Every conversation that they started it is when we were friends. I looked up at jihoon casually smiling and laughing with them, am I the only one feels so embarrassed? After dinner we all ate fruits together. Jihoon went out and quietly gestured his hand to me to go outside.

I went outside and Jihoon standing facing the ocean.. Our house has a ocean view although it’s far away but it’s nice. You can feel the ocean breeze especially at night it’s cold. “what is it?” I asked. “Nothing.. I just want to look at you.” he said and looked at me. “Rather than looking at me, let’s go get some ice cream” I said.

We went to a convenient store bought some ice cream for the others. Jihoon disguised himself with a mask and a snapback. Once we bought the ice cream we sat at park bench looking at the ocean view. “Jihoon-ah.. will we be okay?” I asked.

Woozi POV

I looked at her for a quite long time and she looked at me. “I promise we’ll be alright.. if anything happens to us.. I’ll find a solution.” I said and ate my ice cream slowly. “Jihoon-ah.. Don’t find the solution alone… If you’ve any problem just share with me.” she said. “You’re not the only one here… I’m here.. we’re all here..” she said. “Don’t face the reality alone.. you’ll might end up hurting yourself” she said and smiled.

I didn’t know what to say because usually.. I searched for it alone.. but… since yookyung gave me the strength that I needed. Once she faced the front, I took the chance to kiss her cheeks. After that, I pulled away and her expression was kind of shocked but it’s actually funny so I laughed. “What’s with the reaction?” I said. “Pfft… what if I do that to you… you must be shocked either.” she said and looked down.

“If something bad ever happened to me..  will you still care for me like you always do?” she asked. Weird… “Of course.. Whatever happens to you.. I promise I’ll be there to you and I’ll make sure to have time for you” I said. She then looked down again to hide her obvious blushing face.

We went back and gave all of them ice creams. After the dessert, it’s time for us to go back home and we exchanged goodbyes then settled in the car. “Yookyung is a really nice girl though.. you never told us that you have a girl friend in Highschool.” said mom. “It’s not worth to tell…” I said. “How’d you met her again?” asked dad. “Well.. at a convenient store nearby with the members.” I said. “And a lot of things happened after a few days and months.. and things like this accidentally happened.” I said. “sounds like you had a quite new experience while knowing her.” said mom. “Grab the chance when you have Jihoon..” said dad.


Yookyung POV

We got back in Seoul around afternoon. Mom and dad took the day off. I told Jihoon that my parents have to work. “Oh right! I’ve to go back to campus.” I said. “what for?” asked Jaehwa oppa. “Exam is next month…  so I figured to start it fresh..” I said. “I’ll take you there by car..” said Jeongcheol oppa. I nodded and only the both of us went to the campus.

On the way to campus…

we stopped at a red light.

Jeongcheol oppa scrolled his phone for awhile and once the light is green,

Jeongcheol oppa drove the car.

Suddenly a lorry drove straight towards us from the corner and hit the car.

My head hit the airbag but it didn't come out

everything went black.

Sounds from our vehicle and the lorry are pretty loud.

I was still breathing and after a few minutes

the sound is gone from my eardrums and

I passed out.