VI: JIN

Why Can't We Be [UNDER EDITING BUT CAN STILL READ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♦ JIN ♦

 

 

Two days from now, Haniel and I are going to have a vacation for our friendship anniversary. I didn’t expect that we are going to be friends for this long despite of the many fights and lies that we deal just to cover my issues. Well, to cover her issues too.

The reason what makes us partners in crime is that we save each other asses. Haniel was  the one who tells lies to the girls that I wanted to be my girlfriend before. Especially the one who pretended to be ‘hard to get.’

I only knew few people who were really hard to get and they not even became my girlfriend. Haniel and Hyo were  two of them and that was the reason why they don’t have boyfriends now.

 Haniel was my accessory by talking to attractive girls and giving them information for my name to smell good. She was also the one who tells my parents that I am doing well and the issues with my job have nothing to worry. And lastly,  Haniel was the one dealing with the manager whenever I messed up in the bar.

On my side, I kept helping Haniel with her misleading actions toward guys. Haniel has a tendency to get along TOO MUCH to the guys that she meets  whenever we are on travel or just clubbing. Sometimesit wasn’t  her intention to make guys flirt with herand she was the one confronting them. However, if she was too drunk to notice that she was flirting, I am always on the rescue to stop those guys from kidnapping her. Same goes with her work, whenever she feels like not finishing her scripts, I am always the one going to her office and hear the whole litany of her boss. Lastly, I am always paying her bills whenever she forgot to pay for it. 

However, even if we have each other’s sides, we always fight. And If I say we fight, we say worst words like it’s the end of our friendship .Moreover, if we reconcile, it was always big-time.

“Baby, what makes you busy right now? Gimme a hug.” Jessica spread her arms and pouted her lips.

I took a rest day because Jessica wanted to see me. Right after January 1st, we did not see each other. That’s why I invited her to come over and catch up.

Jessica is a student of a fashion school because she wants to have her own boutique someday. Sometimes, we talk about expensive brands, fashion shows and male and female supermodels. I’m lucky to have sort of knowledge with fashion because I love expensive brands and Hyo as a fashionista  friend. Because of these things, I can relate to her socialite hobby. However, sometimes it’s boring and just kiss her. She never asked anything about my life except from Haniel.

“I’m looking for the places where we can go to Hawaii aside from the beach.” I said while browsing on my laptop and lying down to the sofa.

“Ow, it’s about the trip.” She put down her arms and sits to one of the couches in the living room that is away from me.

I sensed that there’s something. I put my laptop on the table and lift her up to lie down on my side. She giggled and when we were already lying on the sofa, we shared few smooches.

“When is your Hawaii again?” She asked while resting her head on my chest.

“Two days from now.” I answered while looking at the ceiling and caressing her hair.

“May I come?”

“Jessica, we already to talk about this right? You don’t have anything to worry about. It’s already our plan before and we-

“Why if it’s about her you cannot change the plan?”

“It’s not like that, Jess. It’s already our tradition. And I hope you understand.”

“Of course. I trust both of you and I know Haniel is not that kind of girl even if she just rolled her eyes when I greeted her a prosperous new year. I feel like she doesn’t like seeing me with you.”

“Really? You just misunderstood her. She never rolled her eyes to my girlfriends before. Many people thought she is a whenever she wears thick eyeliner. It made her look strong and fierce but she looks like 10 years old without make up. And aside from her looks, she doesn’t care who I date as long as I am happy. Maybe, Haniel is just tired by that day.”

“Hmmm….okay. I understand even if I still have the strong guts that she don’t like me.”

“Don’t think like that baby. Haniel don’t know how to be a . She’s always the good one from the five of us.” I kissed her head and hugged her.

When we were cuddling, I received a call from Hyo on Skype. I sit up and answered Hyo’s call. She rants about the problem at the office. Because I can’t concentrate talking to Hyo while Jessica was cuddling me, I stood up and walked to my room.

Hyo and I had a serious conversation on Skype. I had an employee who accidentally gave some of the confidential projects to her girlfriend who works on the rival company of our client. Now, our client knew about it and they planned to pull out there the project from us.

Hyo: Raze is also angry to our department. He is now talking to your romantic employee who has a talkative girlfriend.

Jin: Tell Raze to cool down okay? Don’t physically hurt the guy. He has the right to get angry because he is the overall head of the project. Does this guy is one of your web designers?

Hyo: Actually, he is the best designer of my department. I’m sorry, Jin.

Jin: We’ll talk about that careless guy later. Give me one hour. I don’t want to lose this project. Tell that guy to wait for me.

Hyo: That’s the problem Jin. He wants to leave the office early to talk to her girlfriend.

Jin: Don’t make me angry, Hyo. Tell him to wait for me or else he’s going to lose his job and I’m going  to fck her girlfriend. Bye.

I closed my laptop and went back to Jessica who was using my phone. I asked what she was doing and she said that she was just browsing my photos. I told her that I need to go to my office and she said it’s okay. That’s what I love with this girl, She understands everything.

 

When I got to my office, everyone grasped and already expected that they were going to hear my scream. I smiled at them like the usual and made my walk towards our conference room. While walking, I cued to Raze and Hyo to come over. I saw also that Hyo called the careless guy f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter