XIII: HANIEL

Why Can't We Be [UNDER EDITING BUT CAN STILL READ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


♦♦♦ HANIEL ♦♦♦

 

Message from: Seven

Hey! I want to propose something. Armi and Dash said they’re not free later. Can you give me time? Dinner. Later. See ya. J –Seven

 

♦♦♦

 

I am already prepared for the script reading of our web-series. I am ready to face Lei. The guy who has something to do with my sister.

Last night, I talked to Heaven. We had a little argument because I thought she was being defensive when I asked about Lei. She kept on insisting that he was just a friend and I should not worry. I said he was famous and I don’t like Lei to bring trouble to our lives but she just said that I was just being paranoid. After our argument, she gave me an advice for my first meeting with Lei.

 

>>VIDEO CALL TO HEAVEN PARK<<

“Don’t make our friendship to be a big issue. I don’t want to see my name to the latest articles in the showbiz. Okay? We are friends. We can freely go out whenever we want because everyone knows that we are friends. I don’t want to lose another friend, Haniel.”

“Do you like him?”

“Sis, I don’t want to lose another friend. Okay? I don’t want to be a loner like you. And worry about it first before me.”

>>END OF VIDEO CALL<<

 

Tch. I want to talk with Lei! I want to confront him because I’m scared to my sister’s position if ever they are not just friends. She didn’t even straightly answered me if she likes him!

 

I went to Flip Art Production as early as a I can before the script reading. Armi informed me that we need to talk before the event starts. Dash even suggested some things to change so we need to reprint the scripts. He pointed out the revisions from the agencies of Joori and Lei. I revised and discussed to them the changes that I made. This is a tough team. Usually, I revise scripts after script reading because that was the time where I meet everyone. However, Dash and Armi were different. They don’t just contact their clients by discussing what the obvious things were, they discuss everything. Point to point.

I went to the printing and photo copying section of their office. I leaned forward to the computer while re-reading everything for the fifth time. I heard the door opened but I did not bother to look. I thought it was someone who was going to use the machines. Someone tapped my shoulder and that was when I turned up. It was Armi.

“So, have you talked to your sister?” I rolled my eyes and looked back to the computer. “What did she say?”

“Same as you. Never say something on the script reading.”

“Good. That’s the best thing you can do as a sister.” She clapped her hands happily. “Those people are not as ordinary as we are. The whole world is just going to notice us if we give them great movies or dramas, if we make their idols famous, or worst, if we date celebrities. But them? Joori? Lei or even your sister? Many people are curious about their profiles even the first word that they said when they were babies. Everything is a big deal on their world. So, as their producer, director, writer or whatever, we should not at least create issues aside from having a good working relationship. Heaven is a real deal. If you ask something about her to Lei, reporters and journalists will revive the issue between Heaven and Lei until they will create fresh fictional stories about their friendship. It may be also the way to reveal what’s really up to Lei and Heaven. You know this, Haniel. You worked with different celebrities. I know you heard enough from them to think about it. And one more thing, you’re also on the hot seat.”

“Why me?”

“You’re Heaven’s sister so there’s a possibility that they will write about…Lei is going to work with Heaven Park’s sister then bla…bla..bla…Ow, that’s a big issue. As long as we’re going to be professional they will not try to ask anything about it.”

I just nodded slowly and squinted my mouth from right my side while thinking of a way to talk to Lei. “I want to talk to him.”

“I already talked to Lei about you.” Armi gave me a smile and raised a peace sign.

“What?”

“When I went to his agency, I had a chance to talk to him…alone. So, I told him that he is going to work with Heaven’s sister. He got nervous and at the same time, happy. He said he never thought that he is going to meet you this early and on this situation. I told him that there’s a chance that you can talk privately and I hope he’ll say everything about Heaven and him.”

Before I say anything, Armi continued her story. “So, we planned something. After the event, you can freely talk to Lei.”

I squealed because of happiness and I hugged Armi for the brilliant help that she granted for me. “I love you! I thought I am going to do something bad so that I can talk to him.”

“Just promise me that it won’t affect our job, okay? Keep in mind that we need Lei. It’s going to be a big bad news if Lei turn down the project and it is because the writer is threatening him. Bad Headline.”

“Thank you, Armi! I’m going to do everything to pay you!”

“You’re funny, Haniel. Let’s go. Dash and Seven are waiting for you. They really love to see you these days. You’re such a darling.” She put her arm around my shoulder and we walked outside the room.

♦♦♦

 

The script reading started. The event happened inside the huge event hall of Ahern University. There were many cameras in every corner while the main crew and actors with their managers were at the oval table. I’m always looking down the script even when the microphone was on me. Armi kept on whispering that I should look up but the lenses were too intimidating.

Seven who was invited to document the event also giving me signs to give eye contact to the actors.  I straightened up and prayed that I will not stutter once I took glances to them. Joori asked questions to me and she was so lovable to talk with. She was really excited to do the role and I’m very impressive. Lei took his turn to question. Dash, Armi and Seven were all eyes on me but I was so fixated to Lei. He was now trying to reach out. He smiled awkwardly and from a far, I can see that he was sweating. He asked about the kissing scene. He asked if that was okay for the viewers because he was a new artist.

“I don’t think it will affect your image. But it is okay if you want to make it real or fake it. Don’t worry, we can settle any conditions with you and your manager as long as it will not damage the story and the production itself. We respect our artists.” My colleagues nodded with the amusement on my answer. On that point, I am being transparent.

He awkwardly smiled at me. He knew already the answer to his question. He just wanted to communicate with me.

The event was fun and I even made new friends. Dash and Armi were trying to build me up while the reporters were asking about our production. I simply asked Armi why it became an interview. She said someone asked Dash if they can interview after the script reading, he said yes.

 

“Ms. Writer.” The event ended and Lei’s manager called my attention. I found out that he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter