XXI: HANIEL

Why Can't We Be [UNDER EDITING BUT CAN STILL READ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NIEL

 

Jin and Armi already broke up. They even took a photo and Armi posted it on her social media. It's weird but I think that's how free-spirited she is. She doesn't like any bad blood to anyone.

 

Armi and I meet at Flip Art Production but we did not have a chance to talk. However, her meaningful smile made me relieved before she goes on for her outdoor shoot. I took it as a peace offering from her.

 

She came back from being a jolly person. She glows as if the break up is a good thing happened to her.

 

How's Jin? Is he okay?

 

Two weeks already passed but I never heard anything about him. The last time we talked? It was when we had an argument and he asked me to choose him.

 

I'm worried if he is happy or not.

 

"Haniel?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Your phone is ringing for the fifth time." Misty called my attention and pointed on my phone which is vibrating on my table.

 

"Ow, God. I'm sorry." I took the phone without looking at the caller ID. I answered it. I heard Seven on the other line

 

Seven: "Hey my H."

 

Haniel: "Hey."

 

Seven: "How's everything? Don't you have any decisions yet?"

 

If Jin and I didn't talked for the last two weeks, Seven gave me some space so that I can think of my final decision to where we should go next month. We are still not okay that's why we seldomly talk to each other. However, he asked me last week if we could go on a vacation trip. Maybe we can fix our relationship if we go to a place where no one can disturb us.

 

Haniel: "Not yet. I'm still thinking f we should go to Vietnam or Japan."

 

Seven: "Vietnam and Japan are good choices."

 

After our fight, Seven became distant to me. He sometimes give me a ride but it only depends on his mood. That's why I keep on waiting even if 2 hours already passed after my time out. He calls randomly but I'm still answering it even if I'm on a meeting or if I am already on my deep sleep.

 

For me, he is getting tiring because he cannot forgive me. But I know that I am at fault here. And I have to be patient.

 

On the same day that he asked if we could go on a vacation trip, he took me on a date with his relatives. Seven has a big nice family. We chatted as if I am already part of their family. I felt at home. It made me missed my own family too. If they were only here with me.

 

Haniel: "I'll check on the flights and itinerary for 5 days."

 

Seven: "I'll search for some information too. By the way, my cousins like you. They still can't believe that you are already on your 30s."

 

Haniel: "I'm flattered to hear that. Hey, are you going to pick me up? Let's have dinner together. I miss you so much."

 

Seven did not answer immediately. I heard some scratches and sighs on his line. I felt ashamed because I thought that I am asking him a ridiculous thing.

 

Seven:"Just wait for me later."

 

Then, he hanged up.

 

I though we were already okay because he called me 'my H' a while ago. He only used to call me 'hey' after our fight. He still cannot get over.

 

I'm not going to give up on him.

 

 

I spent my whole day working because I have a tight deadline and I have to advance everything. Dash needs to give me a vacation leave. That is my only chance to have a great time with Seven.

 

After 8 hours of work, my shift finally finished. I fished my phone from pocket to see if Seven gave me a message. Unfortunately not. I think I am going to wait for him for two hours again.

 

I rested on my swivel chair. I put my feet up on my table and closed my eyes. I need to rest until Seven calls me.

 

I woke up on a nice room with a greek style. The cold wind my body. I looked at my right side where I saw opened windows and the white curtains were dancing because of the breeze.

 

I stood up and looked at the window. The blue ocean with palm trees all over the land form was picturesque. "Is this real?" I asked.

 

"Yes. We are really here." Before I turn my back to see the person who talked behind me, he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist and gave butterfly kisses on my neck.

 

"Who are you?" I tried to resist but he continued doing it .

 

"If you want to know me, follow you heart."

 

"Huh?"

 

"If you really want me, follow what your mind says."

 

"Are you crazy? Can you just stop and tell me who you are?" I kept on pushing him but he tightened his hug.

 

"Tell me...is this what you really want?"

 

"Damn it! Just tell me who you are!"

 

"The one you are going to choose in the end." He twisted me and I saw him.

 

"What the?"

 

"Haniel!"

 

"The hell is wrong with you?"

 

"HANIEL! WAKE UP!" I opened my eyes and saw Dash with red face because of anger. "THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?"

 

"Ow! I'm sorry!" I sat properly and looked back at him. "I fell asleep. I'm sorry."

 

"Why are you still here?" Dash guked on his wrist watch and sighed, >"It's already 11:30. WHy are you still here?"

 

"I'm waiting for Se- wait what? 11:30? Are you sure?"

 

"Do I look unsure to you?" He raised his right eyebrow and scrutinized me. "Waiting for Seven. Did he not informed you that he is going to China for his work? Someone hired him as the main photographer for a music event."

 

What? He did not say that to me.

 

"Ow. I forgot." I lied then I acted like someone gave me a message.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter