VII: HANIEL

Why Can't We Be [UNDER EDITING BUT CAN STILL READ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EXT. FLOWER BLOOM PARK. DAY

Maru and Linda are standing in front of each other while waiting for one of them to talk. The wind blows hard while the leaves and petals of flowers are floating in the air. There are random people walking around them and most of them are happy while talking.

LINDA

This might be the end, Maru. I hope you’ll be happy once we parted our ways.

 

Maru sighed before he forces himself to smile. Linda speaks again.

 

LINDA

I am sorry that we need to do this. We tried but it’s already over. I can’t take it anymore. We are always fighting. We can’t help each other grow, Maru. We are not good for each other.

 

Linda bows and turns her back to Maru. However, Maru stops her and speaks.

 

MARU

If this is what you want, I’ll let you go. But always remember that no matter what happens, I am going back to you. Linda, if you ever need me, just wait for me. You know that even if you’re the one who is in trouble, I always like running back to you.

 

♦ HANIEL ♦

 

This has been the busiest two weeks of my life. However, these were also the luckiest weeks ever. Maybe, this is the charm when the devil wasn’t around.

Jin and I never talked after the fight. That was the worst. He never said  anything like that to me. We fight but with some random stuff and not with his relationships. His relationships are not totally my responsibility. I’m just helping him to make girls fall for him but once they started dating, it was already untouchable. Those girls? They were one who wanted to talk me whenever Jin was getting cold to them. I am just entertaining them and to lie that Jin is not ing player.

The F with him to say that I am lying? I never lied to him. I don’t know how to lie to him. Because he is the only I can rely on with my reality.

Because he is the closest person who can understand me.

But I think, I am wrong.

He’s an a**hole who cannot control his a**ittude even to his friends.

 

Within the two weeks being away from him, I realized that I have more to life than being stuck with our friendship. I realized how he cornered my life with one intention, an outlet for his frustration in life without having an intention to treasure our friendship once he becomes crazy with a girl. you, Jin.

I also became outgoing and made friends at work. Those people I worked for 4 years? I finally talked to them and sometimes we hung out.  I lessened partying and drinking alcohol because I refused to see Hyo and Raze for the mean time. I know Jin needed them the most.

I was affected by our lost friendship but not that much. I already expected this before. It just that, it was so sudden. Jin knows how heartless I am and he knows that’s the reason why my ex-boyfriend ended up cheating on me.

 

“Haniel, there’s a letter for you.” One of my officemates called my attention while I’m working on my laptop.

I am a freelance writer and I worked mostly at home but because I kept on receiving deliveries of food, DVDs, books or coffees, I refused on staying at home. I kept on nagging the delivery boys that I did not order anything and they should give it back to the real buyer. Some of them obey but the others were snub. That’s why sometimes I give it to the security guards or cleaners around my condominium.

 

“I am not expecting anything.” I said without turning my head to my co-writer. Her name is Misty. She was one of employees of our company who was excited to become friends with me. She said that she want to learn from me because I already proven my talent to my boss and that old man said that I was good when Misty was still an intern. She was our newbie writer and I hope she won’t give up on her dream despite of being yelled with her careless writing.

“Here.” And a red envelope popped on my face. I looked at her and asked about the delivery boy. “He is still there for your signature.”

I stood up and the delivery boy greeted me enthusiastically. “Good thing you have a good day. May I borrow your pen?” He got confused but all of sudden, he just gave his pen. I wrote on the red envelope and I saw the delivery boy’s mouth gaped.

 

STOP GIVING ME GIFTS. FU.

WE’RE NOT FRIENDS ANYMORE RIGHT? FU

 –Haniel

“What’s your name?”

“Mino, ma’am.”

“Give it back to him.” I smiled at the delivery boy but I saw his expression like he’s going to turn me down. “You know him and even if you smiled widely today, I recognize your face. Make sure that he is going to read my note okay? Don’t delivery anything to me again.”

“But-

“Don’t talk! Just go.”

 

I went back to my seat and continued doing my script.

“That’s cold. The delivery boy is so cute to be scolded.” Misty said and pouted.

“That cute bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter