IX: HANIEL

Why Can't We Be [UNDER EDITING BUT CAN STILL READ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♦HANIEL ♦

 

I’m so fcked up. I just read my e-mail and my boss is looking for me now. I can’t do anything except from apologizing. He’s upset but I don’t mind. I already talked to Armi and she understands…she understands that my BOYFRIEND and I need something to talk.  I wanna go back! But my passport was with Jin!

Yesterday, everyone witnessed our argument while he was carrying me through outside my office. Even if I’m shouting, I heard the murmurs or gossips of my officemates. Misty messaged me if I was okay and asked if he was the evil master of the cutie delivery boy. I told her that there was nothing to worry because I can handle it.

 

It was already 8 in the morning and I am still inside my hotel room while trying to focus myself about my work. I need to present at least a simple but concrete representation of the characters of my story so that my boss, Armi and I can discuss the actors who are fit for the drama. We need to have a good presentation before we meet the director.

This is the first time that I met the producer first before the director. Armi said that the director is a friend of hers and she is the one coordinating with the freelance writers who wants to work with them. She get used to it especially when they decided to have their own production. Yes, you heard it right. My next project is a web series and my boss decided to hire the independent production of Armi to work on this.

Armi was an intern of my boss from a well-known TV network before he decided to create his own company. By then, he was really impressed on Armi’s passion and he never doubted when she said that she is going to be a producer someday.

I think I like her as my colleague too. She is charming and I can freely talk to her about my ideas.

 

I still feel sick but it is much better now. I did not hear anything to Jin after our argument last night. He did not knock or shouted behind my door. I started the morning at peace. However, even if I feel relaxed and thankful, I’m a little worried. Jin is quiet? That’s really impossible.

I stood up from my bed and slightly opened my door. I sneaked a glance to the room across mine and it was closed. I sighed and smiled for a good day. I locked the door before I worn out my black blouse, jeans and took a bath. “I can wander around Hong Kong alone.”

When I stepped out to the shower and wrapped a white robe around my body, I realized that I don’t have extra clothes because I was ambushed for this trip. The only things inside my bag are notebook, wallet, phone, laptop, employment ID and some personal hygiene stuff.

I went out the bathroom thinking that I am going to wear again my depleted shirt and jeans. “I think I need to buy clothes for two days.”

I am about to get my clothes but I am surprised to see Jin sitting at my bed while switching the channels on the television.

He did not shift his eyes on me.

Is he focused on what he is doing or he is just pretending?

“How did you-

“Don’t ask. Just get the clothes and wear it.” He said and pointed to the paper bag on the bed. He also made himself more comfortable by tugging the pillows beside him.

“I’m going to buy my own.”

“Then go outside with your white robe.”

“I’m going to wear my old clothes.”

“Call the laundrywoman that I asked to wash your clothes.”

“What!”

“It stinks that’s why I asked someone to wash it.”

I exhaled a deep breath before I took the paper bag and put on what he bought. I got pair of black skinny jeans and a brown baggy sweater, which are with the same colors with Jin’s outfit today! God, this guy is pissing me off.

I blower my hair and put it on a messy bun before I went out of the bathroom. I looked for my bag so that I can put a lipstick but I saw it at the back of Jin.

“You said we can fight worst here in Hong Kong? Don’t be the goody one. You’re pissing me off.”

"Haniel, will you stop talking because I did not get enough sleep and I am hungry?"

"I did not eat either. I can wander around without you so please give it back and stop copying my outift!"

"Tecahnically, you're the one copying me because I bought those clothes and you wore it."

"Don't try a joke on me. I don't get along with people whom I cannot consider as friends."

"Fcuk this thing, Haniel! Why do we have to argue before we grabe a meal?"

"Because this is our purpose here and not to get along to each other!"

"Okay! Just to shut you up, I don't want to be friends with you anymore because I can't take your stubborness anymore. I've had enough with your screaming and curses. Once we get to Wong Tai Sin Temple I'm going to wish that someday you'll just vanish so I can live my own life. Living with you is a mess. I don't know why I need to make decisions thinking if it's okay with you. Now, I am messed up."

I did not answer. What he said is keep on running through my mind and I don't want to be foolish...I am hurt.

 “Let’s eat. Don’t put make up anymore. You had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter