XXIII: HANIEL

Why Can't We Be [UNDER EDITING BUT CAN STILL READ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♦HANIEL ♦

 

 

I am nervous.

I come up with a decision without thinking twice. I flew to Hong Kong with a thought that everything is going to be fine.

I know this decision will hurt me the most. Especially, I just let someone free...away from me for his personal happiness.

I booked a flight one day earlier before the event because I want a time for myself. Away from everyone who bothers me a lot.

I want also to be happy. Truly happy.

 

 

I called Heaven to meet me at the hotel where I am staying. Unfortunately, she wasn't here because she is going to meet Lei. Aish, since they admitted to the public that they are dating, Heaven became sociable and shows more affection to her family, friends and to Lei.


Heaven is not like that before. We fought crazy as hell because of her cold and rude attitude before but now? We sometimes argue because of my stubborn and prideful attitude.

Things really turned in 180 degrees. Everything changed. And I was left alone with consistency. I never grow. I just had a job. But I never matured like Heaven.


I stayed at the hotel for three hours after my arrival. This is the perfect time to sleep and take a warm bath but I cannot make myself to rest. I just kept on walking around my room.

"I want to do something but I don't know what it is." I said to myself while massging my temples. "What if...no. I don't think that is a good idea. I don't want to go there."

 

After 5 hours of thinking on what should I do and when the sun already sets, I went to Lan Kwai Fong. The place that I don't plan to go.

The place where my favorite film was set. The place where Jin and I went when we had short vacation after Heaven's art show.

I walked slowly and looked at every establishments around the street. I had earphones on my ears with easy listening songs playing.

Lan Kwai Fong has some changes for the past 5 years. It wasn't like before. Like, when I went here with someone.

I suddenly stopped from walking when I saw the place where I had few drinks with Jin. That table we sat on is empty. I walked in to the bar and ordered 2 bottles of beer.

I stared for a while until memories overflowed to my mind...

I remembered our argument before we wandered around. I flew to Hong Kong without anything but myself and my bag with work stuff. I had a lack of time to pack my things for this trip because he just dragged me to airport. He bought me the same clothes that he had so we can have the same outfits.

I was sick back then. He bought me medicine that I took it by force because he kept on scolding me around the other customers of that restaurant.

He gave me a bracelet that I refused to wear but I easily gave when he asked for the seller's understandig because he told her that I was mentally challenged.

We went to Wong Tsai Sin Temple to pray and wish for our good fortunes.

He even bribed me to shut up so that he can take me to Madame Tussauds museum.

He carried all my shopping bags when I wasted money at Causeway Bay.

And lastly, here, we relived my Faye Wong fantasy when we spent the night at Lan Kwai Fong.


Our huge fight ended after we wandered around Hong Kong. We sat at the hallway of the 7th floor of our hotel and reconciled.

'Don't look for me. I am the one who's going to you. I don't want to lose your pride just because of me.' That's what Jin said after he gave me our friendship ring.

Jin, I never thought that I am going to fall in love with you like this. You became one of the reasons of my decisions. My decisions that is making me cry right now.

I drank the two bottles of beer before I payed and went straight to my hotel.

 

 

You know what I wished at the Wong Tsai Sin Temple?

I hope Jin will not get tired of me.

 


I woke up the next morning because someone knocked on my room. I lazily stood up from my bed and opened the door. The hotelier smiled at me and gave me the dress that I am going to wear for the event.

This is it. The moment that will change my entire life.

"Ms. Park, Mr. Lee wants us to assist you with your preparation." Then the hotelier suddenly moved aside and I saw two women with pack of luggage on their hands.

"I'm not aware of this but I can handle myself so-

"I'm sorry, Ms. Park but Mr. Lee will surely going to scold if we do not do our job." I surrendered. I don't want them be scolded just because of my stubborness.

I took a bath and went straight to the makeup artist and hairstyler. I know it is rude but I walked to them with my hair still dripping on the floor. The hairstylist just sighed and tapped my shoulder. "We understand you." She smiled and continued fixing my hair.

The dress suited me. It was made for me even though I never fitted this before. This is maybe how Seven loves me...he knows every inch of me. I smiled at how it was simply designed. The dress was enough to cover my knees but too revealing to show m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter