XIV: JIN

Why Can't We Be [UNDER EDITING BUT CAN STILL READ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♦♦♦ JIN ♦♦♦

 

Message to: Scoundrel

Scoundrel, when are going to be available? Answer my messages! I’m sorry if I did not answer your calls and texts messages last time.

Message from: Scroundrel

**************Armi’s number. Call her instead of me.

 

♦♦♦

 

I don’t know what’s happening to Haniel lately but I need to see her before I go to Europe next week. Maybe she was angry to me when I failed to answer her calls and messages. She even asked me to stop picking her up at the office. She gave Armi’s phone number so the girl can give me updates about her? Jeez.  This is her revenge. However, I don’t have much time to play with her games. I’m going to surprise her tonight. I need to see her.

“Haniel said she is busy right now. They are going to start the production in a few days.” Xin put down his phone on the table and looked at me.  “And she’s okay.”

“She messaged you?” I asked with a bit of jealousy.

 

It’s 7 p.m. and I am here at the Muzik Pub with Hyo, Xin and Raze. I invited them for a drink because I want to see them before I take my chances overseas.  I’ll be going with Hyo and I asked Raze to take charge with the overall operation while I am away.

Raze was worried about taking over the business. He never stops having negative thoughts about my decision. However, I can’t trust anyone aside from him and he needs to step up now.  He was already drunk tonight because of alcohol and over thinking.

 Hyo was also anxious about our trip but I assured her that everything is going to be okay. She kept on drinking for strength and she might not drink a lot anymore once we start working.

If we are all busy for our trip to Europe, Xin will be flying to Japan on the same day of my flight. He is going to meet the Japanese-American DJ for their collaboration.

Haniel is busy too and I hate her because she only contacted Xin. I have a phone too. I never had a chance to talk to her after we had a dinner. After I kissed her. 

I almost had my luck when I called her before. However, Armi was the one who answered her phone. She told me that Haniel was busy editing their scripts and they need to finish it before they start their production. She is really trying to avoid me.

“Hey man, she is just updating us.” Xin defended before he drank his beer.

“She is updating you.” Raze teased while looking at Xin.

Xin got irritated and he asked Raze to stop the bad joke.  I am just observing them until I butted in to their conversation. “Don’t make it a fuss, dude. It’s just a joke. You’re acting as if it has really something to do with you.”

They stopped with scared looks on their faces. I felt something bad but I know they were just trolling me. Since these two idiots became my friend, our trolling was continuous. We never stop until someone give up and move on to the next topic.

Raze roughly put his arms around Xin’s shoulder and dragged him down to the table.

Xin almost kissed the table. He shrugged him off and fixed his jacket. He avoided my stares. There is something with his action. And I am curious the hell out of it.

“He dated Haniel before.”Raze confessed.

“Is that true?” Hyo surprisingly asked.

Xin cursed when he heard Raze. “It’s not like that, Jin.”

“It’s like that! I accidentally saw them before.”

“It’s not us.”

“I approached you that night. Haniel was shocked and you assured her that everything was going to be fine. You just want to keep it a secret because you and Jin are best friends! Best of friends! Best of the BEST!” Raze was drunk but if this is true. I don’t know how am I going to accept it.

“I never knew that!” Hyo exclaimed while brushing her hair away from her face. “She is really secretive. Actually, even if she is our friend we still don’t know the real her. Is she flirting the both of you?” She pointed Xin and me.

“It’s not like that, Hyo. She is not like that.” Xin secured.

“Then what?” I asked and Xin finally looked at me with his arms resting on his thighs and hands clasped.

From the four of us, Xin is the best and he is the one who understands me deeply. I am the bad and he is the good guy though he looks more of a gangster. In college, when I stowed away, he was the one that I can rely on. I lived at his apartment for 3 months before I lost allowances and I needed to go back to my family. He was also the peacemaker. If I involved myself to a fight because of my stubbornness or because of the girls that I dated, he can arrange everything.  He is the good guy. We respect each other’s personal matters. He is always on my side.

He never hides secrets to me.

But now? I don’t know anymore.

“We just hanged out though I can’t deny the fact that I got attracted to her. I know you figured that out when we firs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter