X: JIN

Why Can't We Be [UNDER EDITING BUT CAN STILL READ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ JIN ♦

JKwxn On track with our petite coats.

HeyHYO Finally! @YangXin @RazeOBrien

YangXin When are you going back?

RazeOBrien We’re all excited to see both of you.

JKwn #thankful

 

“Just shut up, bastard. If you think she is a great actress then it’s true that pigs can fly.”

“What’s wrong? She is the perfect ‘Linda’ of your story. Nice face, voluptuous body and sweet voice? She don’t mind wearing nothing if ever there’s a love scene! ”

“No. I’m not going to take your suggestion. I’m creating a web series not .”

“Okay. Someday, you’re going to regret that you declined the suggestion of the genius.”

 

We became friends again and part of regaining it is the endless arguments.

Haniel and I spent the rest of our last night in Hong Kong by talking and arguing about random stuff while eating. Yes, lots of food. We had enough beers in our bellies when we went to Lan Kwai Fong and she doesn’t want to drink anymore. We even waited for the sunrise and gone to sleep for 2 hours.

When we woke up, we decided to enjoy our last hours in Hong Kong Disneyland. We took as many pictures as we can and we rode most of the breathtaking rides in order to make another memorable day of our lives.

This is not the best but worthy moment as the rebirth of our friendship.

“When you were away, I had good days.” She honestly said before poking my head.

“I had too. I became the luckiest man in the world.”

 “I’m going to sleep. Wake me up when we get back. No pranks, please.” Haniel warned me before she made herself comfortable at her seat. We are now at the airplane and in a few minutes, it is going to take off.

“Alright.” I’m tired to play a prank that’s why I rested my back on the seat and pulled her closer to me. She cursed but I did not argue back. Instead, I made her head rest on my shoulder and her left arm wrapped around mine. “Good night.” But I did not hear any response.

I slowly looked at her and smiled when I saw her tired sleeping face. I am thankful that she is sleeping like this unlike when we first met, where we had our first talk and sleepover.

I rested my back again to my seat and flashbacks came.  Everything was peaceful before we became too much comfortable with each other…before I started to become a troublemaker.

 

♦♦♦

I first met Haniel at the Muzik Pub where she was drinking alone at the bar stand. Everyone was having fun except her who just taking unlimited shots of vodka. She doesn’t looked like someone who went there to party. She was there to think.

I was with Hyo, Raze and Xin back then. But they were all busy dancing on the floor while I’m entertaining the girl who was crying in front me because she doesn’t want to break up.  I gave my final words right away to my ex-girlfriend before I stood up and I sat beside my new prospect.

She was on her red plaid polo, which was too lengthy for her height, a tattered jeans and a pair of white sneakers with a Herschel bag on her back. Her hair was on a messy bun style where she occasionally scratches her hair that made it messier. Moreover, every time she puts her hair at the back of her ear, I can see her seven piercings. I don’t know if she put makeup but her lips were tinted with red. Her nails coated with black nail polish and lastly, what made me intrigued about her was the ring on her right finger.

Her style was too ragged to be here. This is not her world. She was lost.

However, she is attractive with cute chubby cheeks but her aura was too strong fierce. She instantly became my next flavor of the month.

I approached her and introduced myself. However, she just shook my hand and continued drinking. “I introduced myself, would you mind if I have yours?” I said in a loud tone of voice so she can hear me despite of the loud music.

She put down her shot glass and fiercely turned at me. “Dude, I’m not here to flirt. I’m having a bad day so back off.” She took another shot before pouring a new one.

“I’m not here to flirt. I just find you intriguing.” You know what? I wanna flirt with you but you will never know until you give in.

“The H is wrong with you?” She asked.

“You don’t look like you are here to have fun. You’re here to think.”

“I am so go away.”

“The ring. Are you engaged? If you answer me, I’ll go.” Don’t say yes or no. Give me a long answer.

“It’s a ring of lies and cheatings.”

“Mind if you share some ‘lies and cheatings?’” Got you, babe!

“I just had a 3-year relationship with someone who cannot accept me for who I am. He wants someone who can obey what he’s going to say and I am not like that. He wants a girl who can be ready anytime for but I just don’t do , I make love. He wants someone he can get along with his fast decisions in life but I have plans and he is with it. Today, I ended our relationship because I saw him kissing a girl before going to my apartment to celebrate our third anniversary.”

“Then what’s with the ring?”

“This was his first gift to me on our first anniversary. He gave me a promise ring together with his oath of love and future with me.”

I laughed but she doesn’t seem fond of my reaction. I cleared my throat and gestured her to continue the story.

“I already knew that there was something even before I saw it with my two eyes, I just waited it come. To witness it…to have a proof. And he F proven it.”

Her story wasn’t different from everyone but what made me kept on listening was, she doesn’t even cried or made a scene on this moment. She was a reserved person. Even her way of swearing was reserved. She just was saying the initials of it.

“Maybe I am too deep, old-fashion, fat and-

“Beautiful.” Then she looked at me again because of my statement.

“Don’t ever blame yourself just because someone hurt you. You’re beautiful.” I’ve waited for her to hug me but she asked the bartender for another shot glass and poured a vodka to it.

“Cheers.” Then we tossed our glasses.

We drank all night with our deep conversation. We never stopped talking until I decided to walk her to the bus stop.

 

It was already 4 in the morning and it was really cold. I gave her my leather jacket because I saw her hugging herself too tight. I can also clearly see her face now because of the streetlights. I am right. She is attractive with light blonde hair and seven piercings on her ear.

When the bus finally stopped at the waiting area, she did not hop in. She apologized to the driver and turned back to me. “I don’t want to go back there. He’s probably waiting for me.”

I took her to my condominium. I gave her bottled water before I went to my bedroom to get a comforter that she can use at the spare room of my unit. However, she followed me and worn out her shoes, tattered jeans, and red plaid polo. She was now only wearing a black boxers and sleeveless. She swam under the sheets and looked at me.

I went after her only with my boxers. She stared at me but I kissed her.

This was the longest kiss that I ever had in my life without even taking an advantage to fcuk her. I had a chance. She gave me a way but I did not grab it. Because I wasn’t responsible enough to ‘make love’ with her which, she can only do. I can only have ‘.’

She pulled out and said, “Thank you.”

She shoved herself to my side and closed her eyes. I felt as if I became a good man after all. She let out an angel inside of me.

I saw the ring on her finger. I slowly removed it and threw it aimlessly inside my room. I wrapped around my arms to her and kissed her head before I went to my dreamland.

 

After 2 hours, I heard chattering. I thought, I was dreaming but it went louder when I saw the blurred images of Raze, Hyo and Xin looking down at me. They kept on talking and they were pointing somewhere.

“What?” I uttered before I yawned.

“You told us that we have an important meeting? We’ve al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter