XVII: HANIEL

Why Can't We Be [UNDER EDITING BUT CAN STILL READ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

HANIEL

 

I had a wonderful surprise birthday. Well, thanks for Seven who made that event possible. He was the only one who had the power to gather my family and old friends and surprise me with my 31st birthday.

God, I am too old for surprise parties but I really appreciate what happened and it made me cry and laugh at the same time. It made me happy because everyone was there. And I cried because that event made me feel that I was wrong to leave them when my heart got broken.

One week after my birthday, my attitude towards life has changed. I'm not that heartless anymore. I care more with the people around me. Maybe, it is because I already realized that my family and old friends never stopped loving me even when I left them. 

 

"Haniel, can you give me the salt." I was daydreaming while sitting beside the most handsome man that keeps on loving me. He is now cooking for our breakfast. 

I know how to cook but he keep on insisting that he should cater me especially when we are havinv a breakfast which we rarely have because of my work. 

I gave him the salt and I pecked on his right cheek. He blushed and exclaimed 'I love you'. I answered back by giving him another kiss before I wrapped my arms around him from his behind. 

"Thank you, Seven."

"Huh? For what?"

"For everything."

"That's how I love you, Haniel. I will give you everything." He put the freshly cooked omelet at the plate before he turned off the electric stove. 

I helped him to remove the apron before he faced me and hugged me. "Why I feel like I want something for breakfast other than omelet?" He looked at me as if he is teasing me and I know what does it means.

I gave him a small laugh and tapped his shoulder. "My love. You're being silly tod-

He harshly put his lips to mine and hugged me so tightly. However, my hands were at his chest just in case he made a move to me. He stopped and laughed at me. He rested his forehead to mine. "That's what I only want Haniel. Because if I ask for more, you're going to file a leave today."

"You're too confident to tell me that you can make me stay with you for the whole day." 

"Can you? Please?" He begged.

I smacked his lips and pushed him so that I can get the omelet and put it on the table. "Not now, Seven. Dash is going to kill us if we ditch this meeting." I seated at the other side of the small dining table and dugged my fork to the food.

"When did Dash became the third party of our relationship?" He joked.

"Since he hired us to his production." 

"Hayy...When it comes to work Dash is too serious. Sometimes, I don't know if he is still my friend. This is the first time that I saw him being grumpy. Last time, I told him that I shouldn't be in the meeting because I'm just a freeleancer, he became mad at me." 

"Well, that's maybe the side of Dash that we never knew."

"No. There's something wrong with him. Since-

"Don't say that. We already talked about it. I don't think that's the reason."

"Okay." Then he gave me a flying kiss. "Haniel, I need to say something to you."

"Hm?"

"I saw Jin on the day of your birthday."

I stopped for a while but I continued munching the omelet inside my mouth. "Then?" 

"Well, he is looking Armi but I think he didn't know where she was that time. I met him at the parking lot."

So, Jin si back. But when? Did he remember that it was my birthday? How come I did not see Armi being happy these past few days? Her boyfriend was already here for her?

"Well, that's good. At least, Armi is going to be happy again like she used to before." 

"If she is." Seven's exclaimed is meaningful. Everytime we talk about Armi and Jin he kept on making me think if there is something wrong with them. Like their 5-year relationship is on the rocks.

I want to ask more but I don't want Seven to think that I am interested with their story. 

 

 

We finished our brekafast and headed to FlipArt Production conference room to attend the meeting. Just to our surprise, Dash was already there and we entered the conference room together with the other production staff.

At exactly 11AM, Dash started the meeting. That was the first time aslo that he talk to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter