Eight - Real

A 9PM Love Story

“I’m so tired.” Junho whined as they finished their last practice that night. The rest of the members were feeling the same as they lied down on the wooden floor, panting and sweating.

“Two days left, guys.” Junsu stared at the ceiling while the boys nodded in agreement. “We worked so hard for this comeback.”

“Yeah, it got me distracted from this whole Yuri and Victoria crisis.” Nichkhun heaved a sigh. “Too much drama. I got to say, it’s kind of refreshing.”

“We’ve been quiet from doing all the revenge things lately, huh?” Wooyoung got up and gulped down his mineral water. “ I kinda missed playing prank on them.”

Taecyeon snorted, “I thought we’re done with that?”

“Well, we clearly aren’t done, hyung.” Chansung replied while wiping his sweats, sounded almost annoyed.

“Do you think we should do a counterattack?” Wooyoung face’s glowed as he spoke. “I mean, after we finish promoting our new song.”

“Totally.”

“Yeah.”

“High five, Woo.”

The boys then left their practice room and headed back to the dorm. They took turns cleaning up but it was a mess. The dorm had two bathrooms and all of them were getting sticky and started to scramble to get a shower.

That night, all of them gathered in the living room, drinking cans of Coke and playing games to get loose of the nerve-wrecking comeback plan. 

“Wait, Taec hyung. Where are you going?” Junho asked as Taecyeon suddenly grabbed his coat and cap. They were still playing Junsu’s favourite game, the cookies game. Taecyeon just smiled and stormed out of the door.

The others exchanged confuse glances until Nichkhun shrugged, “Let him be. Maybe he’s nervous and just wants to take a walk.”

“Yeah, it happens sometimes.” Junsu nodded before unwrapped another cookie. “Come on, guys. Proceed. I’m winning here.”

They scoffed at his remark and kept playing.

----

Jessica just got back to SNSD’s dorm from visiting her sister, Krystal. She had that guilty look as she put down her bag on the kitchen counter. Clearing , Jessica took a bite of the chocolate muffin Yoona baked that morning.

“What’s up, SIca?” Tiffany stood behind her, holding a mug.

“H-Hey, Fany.” Jessica stuttered. “Didn’t see you there. What’s up?”

“Nothing much.” Tiffany walked to the sink. “Had fun with your little sister?”

“Mmm, yeah. Sh-she made me watch umph..never mind.” Jessica tripped over her own tongue. “I tried to not watch, you see. B-But umph..if I refused, she would start asking things and you know I’m a really bad liar, right? So, I –I had to watch, you know, the TV show, with her- I mean, them. Yeah, them. Sulli was there too.”

Tiffany stopped washing her mug and turned to Jessica’s direction, furrowing her brow. “You’re acting really weird right now, Sica. Something’s wrong?”

“Pfft. No, nothing’s wrong.” Jessica replied while shaking her head in haste. “So, how’s Yuri doing lately?”

Tiffany raised her eye brow and folded her arms. “Jessica Jung, what’s going on?”

Sighing, Jessica rubbed her face harshly, “Khuntoria is real. Krystal told me.”

 “What?” The two petite girls startled as they heard a husky voice from behind. As the turned around, Yuri was standing with a dumbfounded look.

“Y-Yul. Wh-What are you doing here? W-We were.. I was..F-Fany.. ” Panicked, Jessica talked gibberish while Tiffany kept trying to avoid Yuri’s piercing gaze.

Yuri lifted her hand and as if magic was casted, Jessica’s mouth was locked. “Tell me everything.”

“Fine.” She gave in and started to begin her story. “While I was in their dorm, Sulli and Krystal did a We Got Married marathon. I had no choice but to join them. I’m sorry, Yul. And-And suddenly, the girls started to talk about how Victoria unnie has fall for him and they went to dinner that one time you told us and all of the sudden, Krystal blurted that they might be a potential couple. It’s not official yet since 2PM’s having a comeback but she was pretty sure about it. And excited too.”

“Oh my god.” Yuri held her chest. She knew this day would come no matter how much she tried to ignore it. Nichkhun really meant what he said that night. “It happened. It finally happened.”

“What finally happened, Yul?” Tiffany started to get worried. Instead of answering her question, Yuri sat down, leaning at the kitchen wall.

Jessica and Tiffany looked at each other and hurriedly sat beside her. “Yuri, don’t scared us. What is it?” Jessica asked her while Tiffany nodded her head.

“No. No. No. No.” She began losing herself, shivering. “No, Yuri. You’re not going to cry because of this. Yuri. You’re strong. You deserved better than that guy. You’re happy with your life now. Yeah. You’re happy.”

Taking a deep breath, she stood on her feet and stared at space. The two girls were freaking out to see Yuri behaved that way.

“Now, go to your room, get some sleep. And everything’s going to be fine.” She mumbled before staggered to her room.

“Yu-“ Tiffany was about to chase her as Jessica yanked her arm, shaking her head.

“But, she-“

“Leave her alone, Fany. Now, we have to tell the girls.” Jessica said weakly. “They’re all here, right?”

“Yeah, they’re in the room. Wait! Yoona left half an hour ago. She said something about buying groceries.”

“Never mind. We’ll tell her later.” Jessica stepped out of the kitchen. “Let’s go get the girls.”

----

“Gosh, it’s really cold out here. No wonder Taeyeon unnie forced me to wear this lame coat.” Yoona was walking down the street, checking her to-buy-list alone in the foggy night. She had this idea on cooking something special for the girls, tomorrow morning.

Reaching the store, Yoona began to pick the ingredients for tomorrow’s breakfast and put them in the basket carefully. While busy shopping, Yoona couldn’t help but to notice a familiar figure near the refrigerator. He was listening to his iPod while opting for beverages.

“Hmm, what are you thinking, Yoona? It can’t be him.” She mumbled quietly, staring at a box of cereal in her hands.

After she was done choosing, Yoona queued in the line to pay. Few minutes later, she reached the cashier register and shoved the lilac basket on it.

She was about to stepped out of the store when suddenly, the detector beeped. Alarmed, Yoona stood at her place as the store manager approached her, starting to grab her things.

“Eh?” Yoona was taken aback.

“What did you steal, young lady?” The old man asked in harsh tone, groping her bag tightly.

“No, no. I didn’t take anything. Please, trust me.”

The other customers began murmuring among themselves and Yoona found herself drenched in cold sweats. She swore that she paid for all of her things but was ignored by the half bald man. He was too busy checking inside of her bag.

“What is this?” He pulled out a pack of colourful hair clips from the right pocket of her Roxy bag. “You didn’t take anything, huh?” He retorted.

“I swear, Mister, it wasn’t me. I didn’t steal it. Please. It really wasn’t me, trust me.” Yoona begged for his mercy but leaded to no avail. The manager took out his phone and was ready to dial.

“You’re going to the police station. Stealing at such young age, you need to be punished.”

“But, it wasn’t me, Mister. Please don’t send me there. I-I..” Wiping her sweats, Yoona’s eyes started to get teary.

In that brief moment, Yoona felt her arm was being dragged by someone and in a flash, she was running out of the store, catching a glimpse of the figure in front of her.

They ran as far as they could until they reached a playground. Panting, the guy let go of Yoona’s hand and took a seat on the bench provided.

As Yoona watched carefully, she recognized his face, “T-Taecyeon-sshi?”

“Gullible as ever. Someone had put that stuff in your bag, Yoona. Thank god, I was there. Or else, your manager is getting a heart attack.”

“Emm, thanks, Taecyeon-sshi.”

Taecyeon looked up and stared the girl with his eagle eyes, “Taecyeon-sshi? What happened to you, Yoong?”

‘Yoong.’

She remembered how he used to call her with that nickname. Whenever she heard his voice, calling her with that special name, her heart jumped. And now, nothing changed, he still knew how to make her flustered.

“People changes, Taecyeon-sshi. I’m no exception.”

Sighing, he rubbed his hands, “Yeah, you’re right. You changed. I miss the old you, tho’. I miss the old us.”

Yoona looked at the ground and played with her the strand of her hair, having no answer to his words. Truth was, she understood exactly how he felt. Occasionally, she would think about their ‘Family Outing’ days where everything was so easy.

“Come, let’s go. I’ll take you home.” Taecyeon locked her hands into his.

“B-but, I-“ Struggling to pulled out her hands, Yoona stuttered. They’re enemy now. She couldn’t be seen with him or the unnies were going to kill her.

“I insist. Come.” Taecyeon strengthen his grip and smiled sweetly at Yoona.

Embarassed, Yoona kept her head down and followed his trail. Silence was enveloping them but the warmth of Taecyeon’s hands reddened her cheeks.

She stole some quick glances to the tall guy and a smile crept on her face. She felt safe in his care.

“You know, the boys are planning to continue on the revenge things.” Taecyeon broke the awkward atmosphere.

“Really? Why are you telling me this, Taecyeon-sshi?”

Shrugging, he smiled mysteriously and kept on walking. His ear caught a vague sound so he turned his head to the left, staring at the doe eyed girl.

“Did you say something, Yoong?”

She heaved a sigh, “I said, maybe I can try talking to the unnies so that we won’t have to play pranks on each other again. Frankly speaking, this is going nowhere. Everyone is being so childish, I’m so annoyed.”

Nodding, Taecyeon agreed on her words, “Yeah, maybe you should.”

Again, silence surrounded them as they walked side by side, holding hands. A few minutes after, they reached SNSD’s dorm and Taecyeon bid goodbye to the girl.

“Good luck for your comeback, Taecyeon-sshi!”

She then rode the elevator with a warm smile on her face, face-palming herself, feeling the heat on her hands.

Photobucket

----

A/N : Please stop throwing rocks at me T_T I had writer's block for this fic. Hope this update is good enough after not updating more than a month >.>