Fourteen – Closure

A 9PM Love Story

Jaebum was in the new recording studio in town that was owned by his friend, sitting on the comfy chair, scanning through the papers scribbled with words. Well, lyrics to be exact.

Now that he was back in South Korea, he wanted to pursue a solo debut as a new start. Through the past few weeks, he’d met numerous producers and finally found someone who was willing to produce him a single.

It was exciting, the rush he felt whenever a melody came across his mind or a line of lyrics came out from his mouth out of nowhere. It felt right and he couldn’t wait to record his first song with the producer. As he hummed to the song he wrote, he remembered the incident from two weeks ago and a small smile was formed.

They were in the office of CEO of JYP Ent. when the door was pushed from outside and a man in clean cut hair came in, along with a scowl. 2PM’s manager was there in daze for he had no idea why Park Jinyoung was calling him in his office at time like that- a few minutes past midnight. Moreover, he was surprised the president was still working.

Rubbing his eyes, he saw the boys smiling sheepishly at his direction, “What are you guys doing here? And Jaebum? What’s going on here?”

“Hey, hyung.” Jaebum stood up, approaching his former manager and embraced him, “Long time no see.”

“Yeah.” He patted his back awkwardly.

The CEO then cleared his throat and Jaebum quickly returned to his seat next to Nichkhun. Park Jinyoung, a man known for his sense of humour and outgoing personality now looked nothing as described at all. His sharp gaze fell upon the boys, his face twitched.

“These boys,” He spoke up, a tone of angry in his voice, “broke into a girl group’s apartment.”

“What? Whose?” The manager gasped, shock was all over his face.

“SNSD.”

“That is aws-” He said gleefully but paused as Park Jinyoung narrowed his eyes, “ful.”

“Awsful?” Park Jinyoung asked.

Dropping his head, he faked a gloom voice, “Yeah, just awsful.”

The boys suppressed their laughter as Park Jinyoung firmly said, “I have gave them my words of punishment. Now, I need you to keep an eye on these boys. I know there’s nothing we can do to control Jaebum-“

“No.” Jaebum hastily waved his hands, “Don’t worry. It won’t happen again.”

He then dismissed them and as they were out of the building, the manager exclaimed, “You boys deserve some grilled beef. You too, Jaebum.”

It was nice to know that despite him leaving, nothing really changed. All the rumours on how they were not talking to each other were stupid. Well, it didn’t matter as long as the boys and he knew exactly what happen between them. He reached for his phone and scrolled an entertainment website, his eyes halted at the breaking news.

‘Possible dating scandal?: SNSD’s Jessica and 2PM’s Taecyeon spotted having lunch at a café.’

He could felt the rage started to crawl up as he scrolled the pictures of the two alleged couple coming out from a café. He knew he didn’t have any right to be jealous but his fist curled into a ball and he almost slammed his phone away. Taking a deep breath, he chuckled, reminding what an idiot he was being. Taecyeon was his best friend and there must be a reason they met in public. His phone beeped, and he read the text.

‘Hyung, I know you’ve read the news. Please don’t trust anything they said. She only invited me to lunch because she had questions about you. –Taecyeon’

He reread the text and heaved. ‘I need to sort things out.’ He thought and sent Jessica a text message.

‘Meet me tonight at 8. The usual place. –Jaebum’

---

Yoona stared at the computer screen for about a minute, and let out a laugh. She could feel her heart beating faster than the usual and she tried taking deep breaths, running her fingers through her messy black charcoal hair. A thought came across her mind, ‘Are they really dating?

Slapping her face, Yoona shook her head, muttering, “Why do I care anyway? It’s none of my business.”

Her door creaked open and a head popped up at the slight gap, “Yoona?”

She looked up from the screen and met the pair of eyes of Jessica. Hastily, Yoona shut down her laptop and shoved it under her pillow like some kind of teenager being caught by her stern mother. She gave a smile, “Sica unnie. You’re back.”

“Oh.” Her face fell, “You read the news, didn’t you? Yoona, there’s nothing going on between Taecyeon oppa and I.”

Jessica plopped on the bed, searching for Yoona’s face but she just laughed, “Unnie, what are you talking about? It’s your personal matters.”

Rolling her eyes, Jessica took the laptop underneath the pillow and opened it, “Yeah, right. Is that why you’re googling our pictures?”

Yoona bit the inside of her cheeks, “I was just scrolling.”

“Yoona, you should know better. I was just asking him some questions.”

“What questions?”

Jessica sighed, throwing herself backward and grabbed a pillow before wrapping her arms and legs around it, “About Jaebum oppa. There were unresolved things between us but he keeps avoiding me.”

Trying her hardest to hide that relief smile from forming across her face, Yoona lied next to Jessica and asked, “Did Taecyeon oppa tell you anything?”

“No!” Jessica exclaimed, punching the pillow, “I didn’t get much from him. He only said that Jaebum oppa is planning on a solo debut somewhere near the future.”

“Why don’t you ask Jaebum oppa yourself?”

Grunting, Jessica smacked her head with the pillow, “I told you Yoona, he is avoid-“

She paused as her phone chimed and gasped after seeing the text she just received. Yoona who was rubbing her temple scooted closer and peeked, “Tonight? You should go.”

“What? No!”

“Just go, unnie. This is your chance to find closure or whatever it is you need to find.” Yoona pointed out the obvious and a few seconds later, Jessica finally nodded.

“So where are you meeting him?”

“Our usual place.” She replied, an idiotic grin appeared on her face.

“Stop smiling like an idiot!” Yoona mocked and grabbed another pillow before throwing it right on Jessica’s face.

Shrieking, Jessica hit the younger and thus began their usual pillow fight.

---

The night breezes swayed through her autumn wears, making her shuddered as she tightened the scarf wrapped around her neck. She looked around, people were bustling along the street walk; a group of friends idling at the river bank, a couple of lovebirds who just couldn’t get enough of one another and a family of four riding the matching bicycles.

Jessica saw him even from afar. His trademark hair, his skinny silhouette and that pair of red sneakers he wore. Her breath hitched as she racked her brain, all of the whats and whys circling around her head. He turned and their eyes met, their lips curved up.

She approached him, still wearing that smile and sat next to him. She looked over her shoulder and saw a few people whispering but ignored them anyway.

“Hey.” She greeted simply.

“Hey, Sooyeon.” Jaebum replied in the same tone of voice, sending flutters to her stomach.

“So, what’s up?”

“The sky?” He answered, playfully looking up.

Jessica chuckled, nudging his ribs as she pinned her hair to the back of her ear. Her eyes formed crescents as she asked again, “Seriously, what’s up?”

“I saw the news.” He breathed, “And Taecyeon said you had questions about me. But really, Sooyeon? Why do you have to meet him in public?”

Groaning, she threw her hands midair, “I was just desperate!”

“Of me?” His eyebrows raised, suppressing that small smile from appearing.

“Oh, don’t flatter yourself, Park Jaebum!” Jessica rolled her eyes, “I just want some answers.”

Jaebum looked to his right, gazing at the beautiful face of Jung Jessica, her bright eyes, her pouty lips and the way her hair danced to the rhythm of the wind made him beam. He lied on his back, ignoring the cold sensation grazing to his skin through the layers of clothes.

He patted the pavement and Jessica shook her head, saying through gritted teeth, “What? No! I’m not lying down with you. People are looking, Jaebum oppa!

“Screw them. Come on, Sooyeon.”

And so she did lie next to him and sighed heavenly at the sight of the twinkling stars of the vast dark sky. Jaebum saw her grin and smiled even wider. He had miss this. He had miss her and how he behaved every time she was around.

“I’m sorry, Sooyeon.” He said, a hint of sadness in his voice, “But I can’t give you answers.”

“I see.” She replied, almost immediately.

“Last year is something I wanted to forget and dwelling in the past won’t help me move on with my life. I know I hurt you at some point but I don’t want to talk about it let alone remember what’d happened. I hate to disappoint you, Sooyeon. But I can promise you, despite everything happening, I still feel the same.”

Jaebum faced her, searching for forgiveness in her eyes. She closed them tight and bit her lips. As she opened them, a small sigh escaped her lips. She snuggled closer and put her hand on his chest, “I’m sorry too. You deserve a second chance in your life and I’m sorry I’d been bugging you about the past.”

He clasped her hand, tracing lines at the back of the palm, “I miss your sweet voice.”

“And I miss your corny jokes.”

He laughed at her words and pulled her closer for a hug and she willingly rested her head on his chest. They heard a faint voice along the line ‘get a room’ but laughed it off cause finally the night they had been waiting for had come.

 

---

A/N: Hi guys :) I'm on my semester break now so I'm back with more updates. Thanks for being patient. This chapter centers around Jaysica because Jaebum deserves more story times and I miss Jessica T_T Khunri's update will be on the next chapter. Enjoy loves *throw free hugs*