Eleven – Jaebum Is Back

A 9PM Love Story

A few months had passed since Nichkhun saw Yuri with another man. Till now, he still didn’t know who was with her. He tried not to think about her and occupied his mind with work which would definitely include Victoria.

Now, Victoria was another thing. She was so sweet, so adorable and treated him as he was her real boyfriend. But Nichkhun couldn’t define his feeling for her. One time, he was mesmerized by her charms. Another time, he felt like he should treat her as a friend.

 He was resting at their dorm when Taecyeon texted him.

‘Have you watched the news? Turn on the TV right now!’

He did as told and focused his gaze on the black box. Nichkhun froze in his spot, his jaw dropped at the unexpected news.

“Park Jaebum or better known as Jay Park, the former leader of the 2PM idol band was seen in the Incheon International Airport this afternoon.  Wearing casual clothes, Park Jaebum calmly walked through the confused netizens. A few minutes later, he was swarmed by a number of reporters asking for clarification. He answered none of the questions but an inside source told us that he might came here from his hometown for a solo comeback.

Park Jaebum was hit by controversy in 2009 after unfavourable comments towards Korea were found –“

“Jaebum hyung is here?” Nichkhun whispered unbelievably, shocked at himself for he hadn’t spoke of that name for a year. Their leader was a taboo and nobody dared to bring him up in any conversation. And now, now he was here. In Korea.

Things can get pretty ugly he thought.

----

Jessica was feeling rather bored staying alone in their dorm. The rests of the girls had their own personal schedule and her baby sister, Krystal was resting after a tired day of CF shooting. Of course she didn’t want to bother her by coming to f(x)’s dorm.

“Guess I have to break my promise then.” She smiled cheekily.

Reaching her grey sweater, Jessica hurried to her wardrobe and picked out the new pair of sneaker she bought a few days ago. She wore her shoes and locked the door safely before running for the elevator.

‘I’m going out and I locked the door.’

She texted her partner-in-crime, Yuri, just in case. At least one of them need to know about her location or else everyone’s gonna freak out once they found she left the dorm. A few minutes later, she received a quick ‘okay’ from Yuri.

Jessica strode happily on the pavement road, her steps feel lighter every time she skip, feeling the warm night breeze brushing against her skin and her soft hair. She halted and looked around. Somehow, she can’t help but feeling so excited. She sneaked out of the dorm a lot actually but tonight, the atmosphere seemed different

Like something would happen in just a few moments. Shaking her head, Jessica laughed at her stupidity and continued to walk, heading to the Han River.

Sitting down, she enjoyed the beautiful view of the river, feeling somewhat nostalgic that she couldn’t come here for months. But tonight, she was here, feeling calm as ever. Out of nowhere, she heard a crashing sound nearby.

“Ohh!” Jessica shouted, surprised seeing a bike crashed one of the dustbin and the biker fell over. She rushed to help, totally forgetting about hiding her celebrity status.

“Are you okay?”

The biker stood up with her help and nodded, “Thanks.”

She recognized that voice. She recognized the owner of the voice. A man she used to dream. A man she used to love. The same man who had her heart broken.

“Jaebum oppa?”

“Sooyeon.”

They stood in that state, staring into each others’ eyes for what it felt like forever until Jaebum finally let out a small laugh. He grabbed her hand and they both sat down. Jessica felt blood rushing her face as the sensation of Jaebum’s touch grazed against her skin.

“You look pretty, Sooyeon.” Jaebum spoke up, his eyes diverted from her face to the sea. “Prettier than I last saw you.”

Jessica clenched her fist, trying to hold back her feelings. How could he be so calm after everything that happened a year ago? She needed an explanation, she waited for one for so long and Jaebum was not gonna run away from this problem again tonight.

“Why are you here?” Jessica asked grimly but Jaebum didn’t flinch at her question. Instead, the end of his lips tilted up as he threw his view to the vast turquoise sea.

It took him a few seconds to answer her, “A fresh new start.”

Hearing those words, Jessica’s face changed, “What do you mean? You regretted everything happened?”

“No!” Jaebum replied, feeling rather defensive at her quick accuse, “Of course not. I’m glad that I got to meet the boys and Jinyoung hyung. But sometimes, I just can’t help to think, if only I hadn’t meet them, it won’t hurt this much, right? This one year, it was so painful. I was having a hard time dealing with all the hates alone.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to-“

Jaebum raised his hand, “It’s okay, Sooyeon. It wasn’t your fault.”

“That night- “

“It’s time.” Jaebum quickly cut her words off. “I have to go.”

Biting her lower lips, Jessica’s eyes became teary. He didn’t want to get tangled by the past, she knew it for sure. She watched as Jaebum hop on his bike, ready to set off.

“Op-oppa.” Jessica called out, “Will me meet again?”

Without looking back, Jaebum exhaled heavily, “Maybe.”

And that night, for the first time after a year, at the same spot, Jessica cried her heart out.

----

“Jieun, tasty isn’t it?”

IU beamed before nodding and continued digging her meal. She wiped with a white napkin, “Thanks for the food, Wooyoung oppa.”

“Wait here, I’m paying the bill.” Wooyoung patted her head and left their table. They were just done shooting for a new KBS’s drama project, Dream High. Later, Wooyoung asked IU to join him for dinner to which she shyly agreed.

 As Wooyoung walked along the corridor, a voice startled him.

“Well, well, well. Look at what we have here.” Tiffany was holding her phone with a smug smile plastered across her face.

Wooyoung rolled his eyes, annoyed, “Don’t you have better things to do than –“

“Messing with your date, you mean?”

“What?”

Tiffany stepped closer and showed him her phone, “This.”

“You. How did you?” Wooyoung was in panic mode, trying to grab the phone from her but failed miserably.

Tiffany laughed at his attempt, “Jang Wooyoung, I wonder, what will happen if this picture get leak?”

Wooyoung’s eyes widened as round as saucers, his mouth mumbling, “Hwang Miyoung. Don’t you. I will. Don’t do it!”

“Behave, Wooyoung-goon. Or hell is your next destination.” Tiffany flashed her famous eye smile and left him dumbfounded.

“AISHHHH THAT IRRITATING TIFFANY!”

----

“You gotta help me, hyung. Please hyung. Junho help me. Chansung, you too. Please. Anyone. Please.” Wooyoung whimpered to s  for the umpth time.

For all day long, he kept bothering them to help him get the picture back from Tiffany. He did everything. He begged. He kneeled. He cried. But they won’t budge. It was him who asking for trouble, so he needed to solve it himself.

“Not a chance, Woo.” Taecyeon uttered with a small smile. Wooyoung’s desperate acts amused him.

“But, Taecyeon hyung –“

“Okay, okay.” Nichkhun finally gave up and decided to lend a hand. “Let’s say, we agree to help you. Then, what do you want us to do?”

All five pair of eyes focused on the Busan guy. Wooyoung gulped down as he knew his idea might sound crazy to them but he boldly suggested anyway, “Sneak into their dorm.”

“WHAT?” “YOU’RE MAD, MAN? THAT’S INSANE!” “WOOYOUNG, THAT’S STUPID.”

“I know, I know!” Wooyoung yelled exasperatedly, “But, I don’t have much choice! If the picture spread in the Internet, I’m dead.”

“I doubt Tiffany would do that, Wooyoung.” Taecyeon assured his friend, munching his chocolate muffin. “Even if she hold grunge on us, spreading the picture is going too far.”

“Well, who knows, Taecyeon hyung.” Chansung suddenly in.

“Exactly! That’s right, maknae.”

Junho smacked Wooyoung with pillow, “Shut up, Wooyoung. Hmm, I think we should do it. Right, Junsu hyung?”

The oldest contemplated on it for a while before nodding, “I vote we take the picture back.”

Nichkhun let out a distinct groan, “You guys just want to sneak into their dorm, right? What a bunch of e!”

“Oh, come on, Khun hyung. Don’t be such a party pooper. It’ll be fun.”

The rest except for Taecyeon persuaded Nichkhun to go along with the plan until he finally agreed half heartedly. They cheered and high fived each other, the adrenaline rushing in their blood with excitement.

They were about to plot their strategy when Taecyeon suddenly said ‘his’ name.

“Should we invite Jaebum hyung?”

The room went silent as the five guys astonished by his idea. Junsu cleared his throat, “B-but we haven’t reached him for a year.”

“He’s here, right? In Korea.” Wooyoung squeaked.

Chansung nodded weakly, rubbing his hands, feeling nervous that this issue was being brought up. Awkwardness enveloped them, having to talk about their former member, former friend, former brother.

“At least, let’s give it a try, should we? Plus, Jaebum hyung is a pro in this sneaking field. That good for nothing brat.” Taecyeon chuckled at his own statement and so did the rest. They missed him so much but neither any of them willing to talk about him.

“Let’s call him.”

Photobucket

----

A/N: It's been awhile, righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt? T_T Sorry for abandoning this story, and you guys, my lovely subsribers :'( I'm just busy with life that I want to cry. Sobs sobs sobs. But fear nothing, my friend. I'm still trying to update this story. I'm gonna finish what I've started, that's my promise. So, forgive me for another sloppy chapter. The next one is gonna be fun, just wait :p enjoy and comments! <3