One – The Breakup

A 9PM Love Story

 “You really want to call it quit?”

She remained silent.

“Yul.” Nichkhun called her name. He was upset by her selfishness. To be honest, he never had expected this to happen.

“Yes, oppa.” Yuri finally spoke up. “I want a break up.”

He sighed before touching her hand. “Yul, why?” He asked softly.

“You had make it clear by joining that stupid reality show.” She answered roughly.

“What?”

“Oppa, I’m afraid you’ll fall for her.” She gulped. “You two will be spending a lot of time together and since our relationship is a secret, she will flirt with you. And the fans, of course, they’ll support you all the way. That is how it is done.”

Nichkhun got up from his seat and stared at the sky. It was a clear day, with the sun,  shining brightly. Yuri had called him this morning, asking to meet at their usual dating spot, the café. He never thought that it will be this way.

“I can’t believe you. After all these years, the scandals and everything, you wanted  a break up? It is just a reality show, Yul. Stop being silly. Besides, you knew her. She’s your colleague.”

“Silly?” Yuri snapped with a flicker of irritation. “I’m just being realistic, oppa. You’re going to spend almost all of your time with her. Variety shows and recording. You’ll be seeing her every single day. Then, what about me?”

She covered her face with her palms, trying to hide her sadness. Nichkhun let out a heavy sigh.

“Yul.” He called her softly. “You do know that I love you and I’ll never cheat on you.” He kneeled in front of her and curved up his lips.

Yuri hesitated for a second and shook her head immediately. She sighed while Nichkhun got up and watched as she stood on her feet.

“No. I’m sorry, oppa. You’ll fall for her, trust me. I just know. I mean, she has everything. I don’t want to be heart broken so we better break up now. “ She reached her sling bag and took out a black box.

“Here.” She tucked it on the table. “Thanks for everything and I’m sorry. Goodbye, Nichkhun oppa.”

As she turned away, tears was forming her eyes. Ignoring Nichkhun’s yell, she kept on walking until she reached a junction. She hid herself in a damp alley, hugging her knees and let out all of her tears.

----

“Hyung, you’re back.” Chansung greeted Nichkhun as he entered their dorm. Nichkhun walked weakly and sat on the couch.

“Yaa, you don’t look good. Had a fight with Yuri?” Taecyeon who came from the kitchen grinned widely, revealing his big teeth.

“It’s over.” Nichkhun said in a barely audible whisper. He tried to grapple with his sadnesss when he felt a pat on his shoulder.

“What did you just say?” Taecyeon asked him, looking shock after hearing his words. Chansung sat beside him, ready to listen to his hyung’s story.

“Hyung, seriously?”

“Yes.”

“W-what? I mean, how? Why?” Changsung shot his questions. “Why all of the sudden?”

Nichkhun stared at him. “That, I don’t get it either. She said it was because of the show. Can you believe that? How can she be so selfish? We’ve been together for a long time already.”

He rubbed his face roughly and let out a sound of frustration while the two boys just watched their friend, did not know what to do.

Taecyeon sighed before sat in front of him. “Look, maybe she feels insecure. You know, that show is a bit scandalous. Maybe, she doesn’t want to lose you either. Or she afraid she might hurt herself more if she continue to be with you. Plus, your relationship is a secret.”

“You mean was a secret, Taec hyung.” Chansung retorted. “I never knew that Yuri noona will act this way. Hyung, just get over her. She’s not worth it. Just because a reality programme? What a lousy excuse.”

“Maknae, you can’t say that.” Taecyeon advised him. “She’s not like th-“

“No, Chansung is right.” Nichkhun cut off his words. “She gave me a stupid reason for our break up. And that was even worse than me joining the TV show.”

“Yes, hyung!” Chansung tap his shoulder. “Come on now. Let’s eat, hyung. Food help to release our stress.” Chansung dragged his hyung into the kitchen to grab some food.

“Ya, Khun! You’re gonna regret this.” Taecyeon exclaimed before went into his room.

Meanwhile, Nichkhun who was stuffing his mouth with bread decided to put his memories with Yuri behind.

‘It’s her fault, not mine. She asked for it. Not me. I must get over her.’ He reflected.

----

Yuri  turned the door’s knob and stepped inside her dorm before she slammed it. Seohyun who was reading a book on the couch looked at her shockly.

“Unnie, are you okay?” She asked.

“Oh.” She exclaimed. “I didn’t see you there, Seobaby. Sorry about that.”

“Yaa, Yul. What was that about?” Fany came out from her room, wearing short jeans and a yellow top. “You shocked me. I thought someone fell over or something.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” Yuri murmured under her breath. She walked pass Tiffany and stormed into her room, slamming the door again.

Tiffany and Seohyun exchanged confused looks. They bewildered by her action. Yuri has never been like this before.

“Unnie, what is wrong with Yul unnie?” Seohyun asked with a trembling voice. She looked really scared after seeing her unnie’s fury.

“Don’t worry, Seobaby. Maybe she had a fight with Khun oppa. I’ll go and talk to her.” Tiffany smiled to assure her youngest sister.

She knocked the door and there was no answer. When she entered Yuri’s room, she saw her best friend was leaning on the wall, burrying her face in her knees.

Panic, she rushed to her and hugged the now was crying Yuri. “Yul. What happened? Don’t scare me like this.”

“Fany-ah.” She sobbed and returned Tiffany’s hug. “Why, Fany? Why? Why am I being so stupid? Why is he being so inconsiderate?”

“Yul.” Tiffany broke their hug and wiped Yuri’s tears. “What happened? Is this concerning Khun oppa?” She asked softly.

Yuri nodded her head and whimpered again. “We broke up.”

“What?” Tiffany shouted. “Why? Did he ask for a break up? How could he? Yul, don’t worry. I’m going to find him and beat the crap out of him.”

“No, Fany.” Yuri shook her head. “It was me. I wanted to break up with him because I can’t do this anymore. Eventhough it was just an acting, it seemed so real that my heart broke into pieces. I can sense that Vic unnie is falling for him.”

Tiffany sighed. “Khun oppa is so stupid. Why didn’t he chase you back? Why didn’t he call you to coax you? Why did he release you this easy? Yul-ah. Forget him. You are so much better without him.”

“You think so?” Yuri asked her like a little child.

“I know so.” She gave her eye smile. “Yul, you’re a strong girl, right? Don’t let this break up bug you. We’re here for you, Yul. All of us.”

“Thanks, Fany.” Yuri smiled happily and hugged her. “I know I can always count on you.”

‘Nichkhun oppa. I’ll forget you. I’m strong. I’ll forget you.’

 

Photobucket

----

A/N : Sorry for making Channie the baddie here but I needed someone to influence Nichkhun's decision. Enjoy your first chapter though I'm not so good :) By the way, is the font too small? Give me some feedback guys ^^