Nineteen – A Nichkhun and Yuri Love Story

A 9PM Love Story

“Nichkhun Oppa?”

That two words sent an overwhelming feeling down his spine. He blinked and the speech he practiced a while ago disappeared in thin air. Yuri was still standing, a questioning look on her face, patiently waiting for Nichkhun’s explanation. But all the Thai prince did was staring her back.

He heard incoherent words from his back, the others were ushering him to start his words. As Yuri took a step backward and ready to turn, Nichkhun suddenly snapped out of his reverie, “Wait!”

Yuri halted and gazed at him. He stepped forward and took a deep breath, “Yuri.”

Smiling, he began, “The first time I saw you was on the television. It was a music show and you were singing and dancing. But the first time I really saw you was when we guested the game show together. All the other girls were shy and acting all pretty but you were the only one who went crazy and cracked everyone up.”

“You danced to this one song ridiculously and you made all these funny voices. And I thought, you couldn’t look any prettier. I couldn’t believe my luck when we started became acquaintance.”

He looked down and then back to her face, “And then we started dating. I was so happy that you agreed to go out with me. The boys were jealous at me for snatching your heart. You were amazing. Still are. You’re amazing, Kwon Yuri.”

“Delightful, cheery and charming. Every time I hear you laugh, my heart soared. Every time I see your smile, it beat fast. When you were sad, it hurt to see you cried. I had never feel so much emotions in me until I met you. You brought the best out of me and also the worst.”

Yuri stood there, listening to his every word and her heart somehow swelled with joy as Nichkhun took another step, continuing, “I was a fool for letting you go over that stupid program. It was all an act, Yuri. But I let that break up happened for my pride and ego. I tried to hate you. But I can’t.”

“This game we played, has lead us here and I’m thankful because it made me realize how much I’m in love with you, Kwon Yuri.”

Those last few words made Yuri skipped a beat. She could practically heard how fast her heart was beating over those words. Yuri bit her lower lip, trying to hold back the tears threatening to fall. Nichkhun took another step and another and another until he was right in front of her. Until he could see her beautiful face clearly and said, “So, I’m sorry, Yuri. I’m sorry for making you hurt this whole time. I’m sorry for letting you go. I’m sorry I broke all my promises. I’m sorry I stop being by your side.”

Yuri looked down and the tears spilt, running down her face, the clear liquid contrasting to skin. But to Nichkhun, she looked beautiful anyway. He held up her face gently, his fingers brushing away the tears as Yuri stared into his eyes.

Almost inaudible, Nichkhun uttered the words she’d been longing to hear, “Be with me. Be my girl.”

In that moment, there were only the two of them, standing on the rooftop with stars shining in the vast sky. The crescent moon was hidden between clouds and the others faded as the two lovers gaze lovingly into each other’s eyes. After what felt like an infinity, Yuri nodded slowly with a sweet smile on her face, “Yes.”

They stared at each other before Nichkhun made the first move, tilting his head as his eyes fluttered close. Their lips touched gently and Nichkhun reached to the nape of her neck, his fingers buried in her hair. The kiss started as soft and tender before it became intoxicating. Yuri leaned in and her arms were wrapped around his neck, her lips was enjoying the touch she’d been missing.

The whole crowd cheered and giggled watching their makeup kiss. Yoona and Sunny were still recording their act as Jessica hollered excitedly. Seohyun was blushing furiously, looking at anywhere but them. Seeing as the two wouldn’t break apart, Sooyoung yelled, “Get a room!”

They broke the kiss and leaned on their foreheads, chuckling at the cheering and whistling from the back. Staring into her beautiful eyes, Nichkhun uttered, “I love you, Kwon Yuri.”

Smiling, she replied, “I love you too.”

---

The two love birds were now sitting on the patio, eyes-staring-lips-smiling, whispering and giggling. The rest of them ignored the two (it was the best thing to do really) and enjoy each other’s company the rest of the night. They mixed around and chatted with each other (quite excitedly) while Junsu plucked his guitar and the mellow, faint voice of Seohyun was heard.

They clapped along to the song and only laughter was hear throughout the night. Jessica was leaning her head on Jaebum’s shoulder, closing her eyes, listening to the beautiful melody while Jaebum smiled blissfully. Sooyoung and Chansung were in their usual tiring banter.

“Now, this is a beautiful view. Everyone get along well.” Sooyoung stated, a grin spread on her face.

Chansung scoffed, giving her skeptical look, “Not really.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you’re here, aren’t you?” He answered, mocking her.

She narrowed her eyes at his direction and Chansung knew what was going to happen the next second. So, he got up and sprung as Sooyoung trailed him from behind, muttering bitter words. They ran around the roof as Sooyoung yelled, “I’M GOING TO KILL YOU HWANG CHANSUNG!”

The rest broke in laughter, watching the entertainment laid out in front of them, focusing on Sooyoung’s fast legs and Chansung’s agile body. Yuri and Nichkhun particularly, smiled too wide as they chortled heartily before meeting each other’s gaze.

 “This is it. This is the beginning of our new story.”

 

---

A/N: OH MY GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER !!

A story which I first created on a whif is finally over! It took years and I'm glad I get to finish this story. 9PM is the first idol groups couple I'm obsessed of. I had a great time writing this story, watching our OTPs moments. The end is a bit shorter compare to the other chapters cause I'm planning on writing an epilogue later on. 

I would like to thank each and everyone of you who subscribes, comments and upvotes this story. Thank you *throw kisses* I hope this story somehow brighten your day and make you believe in 9PM again.

Love you lots! Thanks for all the support!

love, 

arcadian