Seven - Jealousy

A 9PM Love Story

Seohyun walked into the bookstore happily as the thought of buying a new book written by --- struck her. In her new sneakers, she roamed around the ‘new arrivals’ section before finding a red covered book.

“Found it.” She said cheerfully, fixing her Marc Jacobs cotton scarf around her neck. For the first time, she managed to cover herself in public. If before, she could only asked her unnie to buy her things but now, they trusted her.

“Ahh! I should check the music section too.” Hugging the book, she peeked to her left before froze in her spot. “Isn’t that Junsu-sshi?” Narrowing her eyes towards a figure who was listening to a CD player, she gasped. It was totally him! She recognized his hair too well even in that disguise.

Seohyun bit her lower lip, thinking what she should do. She wasn’t the revenge type, but she at least wanted to do something for Yuri. So, it’s now or never, right? Junsu had earphones stuck in his ears as he hummed to the song he listened to.

Chansung who suddenly appeared from nowhere, patted his shoulder. They talked about something she couldn’t hear and left the store laughing. Following them, Seohyun quickly put the book in its place, thinking that she may well buy it later.

Carefully, she tracked them as the two guys sauntered amidst the Seoul crowd. Sometimes, she noticed a flock of girls looked at them a few times.

They finally reached a café’ isolated in the middle of the busy town. “Ahh, what should I do?” She grunted before reaching for her cell phone in the left pocket of her sling bag.

Pressing number 5, she breathed in. It felt like a thousand year until the girl finally picked up her call. Her voice was a little husky, maybe she was sleeping.

“Hello?” Hearing Sooyoung’s voice over the phone, she smiled.

“Unnie!” Seohyun exclaimed. “Can you come here? At XXX café’. I seriously don’t know what to do. I wanted to help Yuri unnie but what should I do? I never play prank on people before. I..I..”

Sooyoung laughed softly, “Seobaby, what’s wrong? Now, explain to me slowly. I have no idea why are you calling me during my nap time.”

“Oh! I’m sorry. It’s just, I saw Junsu-sshi at the bookstore. Then, Chansung was there too and suddenly, you just crossed my mind when I spotted him. So, can you come here, dear mastermind unnie?”

The older girl chuckled, “Alright, you made the right thing by calling me. Don’t worry, I’ll be there in 5 minutes.”

----

“I think we’re being followed.” Junsu peeped through the glass wall. He was so sure that the same girl he glimpsed at the bookstore before was standing outside since they were in the café’. That was a really strange coincidence.

“Huh?” Chansung munched his bread roll, not really focusing on Junsu. Reaching his mug, he took a sip of the hot chocolate. “What did you say, hyung?”

 “It’s nothing.” Chansung could care less about everything when he eats. As he looked again at where she stood, Junsu saw no one.

“Hyung.” Chansung whined. “If you don’t want to eat this, I’ll be more than happy to finish the bread for you.”

“No way.” Junsu stuck his tongue out and ate the melon bread on his plate before Chansung could grab it. The maknae groaned in defeat.  

A waiter came, holding a tray of food. “Someone ordered this for you both.” Junsu saw two plates of Spaghetti Bolognese being served to them.

“Whoa.” Chansung eyes sparkled. “Free food, hyung. Let’s dig in.” Without warning, he twirled his fork and slurped the spaghetti. Junsu was about to do the same when he heard Chansung coughed.

“What’s wrong?”

“What is this weird taste?” Chansung asked back. “I felt like puking.”

The same waiter stood in front of them and handed over a yellow card with a small writing on it. After that, she left, giving no chance for them to complain about the food.

They opened the fold bit by bit before reading it.

Enjoy your meal, pig heads cheeky

Soo and Seo

“Who the hell?” Chansung snapped, staring at Junsu who was as confused as him. “Soo. Soo. Seo. What the?” He kept repeating the names until he felt irritated.

Junsu looked up and to his surprise, two girls were standing near the glass wall, waving them. He poked Chansung, “I think it was them.”

“Sooyoung.” Chansung pointed to the girl with shorter hair.

The other girl who Junsu believed was Seohyun smiled cheekily before Sooyoung dragged her hand, running away as Chansung started to boil up.

----

Nichkhun gazed at his phone and sighed. He still hadn’t change the wallpaper of his Blackberry. The picture they took  during their first date.

 “Are you okay, oppa?” Victoria sat on the couch beside him, asking him with concern.

He then kept the phone in his pocket quickly and looked over Victoria. She didn’t notice anything so Nichkhun smiled in relief.

“I’m fine. Aren’t you going home yet?”

Victoria shook her head, “No, I was wondering if you want to have dinner with me?”

“Oh!” Nichkhun exclaimed, he clearly wanted to go home and sleep but when he saw Victoria’s pleading eyes, how could he say no? “I was about to ask you the same thing, Victoria.”

Smiling happily, the Chinese girl clapped her hands, “Thanks, oppa. I’ll go and pack my stuff.”

Again, he looked at the picture and then to the white door where Victoria had leave. “Am I doing the right thing?” He asked himself.

“Let’s go, oppa!” Victoria stood in front of him, wearing her favourite Gucci jacket and handed out her hand.

Nichkhun blinked at the shy Victoria before he reached it, locking their hands together and headed to his car.

From a view of a stranger, they really looked as if they were in love.

----

“I know, I know. Don’t worry, Fany-ah.” She talked to her phone, rolling her eyes. “I won’t do anything stupid, okay?”

Yuri snapped as she pushed the glass door of the restaurant , “Please, for once, trust me. Okay, talk to you later. Bye.”

“What did she think I am? A baby?” Slipping her phone in her pocket, she mumbled with a flicker of exasperation. Tiffany kept bugging her to go home when she only wanted some time of her own.

The queue was longer than the usual weeknights, adding oil to her fury. Her stomach grumbled,  so Yuri left the restaurant and went to a hotdog stand outside.

She peered around, searching for a bench. Finally found one, she threw herself on it. “Ow!” She groaned as her hit the wood.

She rested her back on the bench and started to eat her corndog. Abruptly, she heard her name being called.

“Yuri? Is that you?”

Yuri looked up and wheezed. She stared at the two couple in front of her and turned her gaze down to their locking hands. Her heart was clamped tightly by the view.

She forced a smile, “Victoria unnie.”

“What are you doing here alone? I was just having dinner with Nichkhun oppa. Why didn’t you tell me you’re here too? We could have gone eating together.”

“I-I..” Yuri paused. What should she said? ‘I don’t want to disturb you two?’ or ‘I’m heartbroken seeing you and Nichkhun oppa at the party?’

Nichkhun glanced at Yuri with discomfort. He wanted to yell at her that he and Victoria weren’t on a date but the words just won’t come out from his mouth.

“Well, oppa, can you wait here? I want to buy something.” Victoria rushed, leaving the two of them there. Yuri stared at her fingers while Nichkhun rubbed the back of his head.

“We only broke up for three weeks and you found someone already.”  Yuri spoke up. “What a flirt.”

“What?” Nichkhun was taken aback by her rudeness. Yuri had no right to accuse him like that. “Flirt? We were just having dinner together, as friends.”

Yuri scowled and replied sarcastically, “Right. Friends. I got it.”

“Are you jealous, Yuri?”

“What? Why should I?” She began feeling irritated by that question even though deep down she admitted that it was true.

Nichkhun laughed mockingly, “Then, why did you have to call me a flirt? There’s no law saying that I can’t see someone else after just three weeks being single.”

“So, it’s true then. You’re a complete jerk. I can’t believe I dated you!”

“Who started all of these, Yuri? Who was the one who left, Yuri? And now you’re calling me a jerk? You just jealous, aren’t you?” Nichkhun shook his head with misbelief in his eyes. Is this the Yuri he thought he knew?

“Hell no!” Yuri stood on her feet and faced Nichkhun. Her cheeks were red. “Please, if you can find a replacement this quick, I can do it too. In fact, I’m already going out with someone!”

Clenching his fist, Nichkhun raised his voice, “Fine! I hope you’re happy with your love toys!”

“Fine! You too!” Yuri yelped back.

They stood and glared at each other. There was no sigh on yielding in their eyes as no one refused to turn away first.

“Is something’s wrong?” They heard a soft voice beside them. “I think I saw Yuri was yelling to you, oppa.”

Victoria watched them suspiciously. Even she could felt the heated atmosphere around her two friends.

“Nothing happens, Victoria. Let’s go, I’ll send you home, princess.” Nichkhun wrapped his arm around Victoria shoulder. He really hated himself for using Victoria like this but he definitely didn’t want to lose to his ex.

“Bye, love birds.” Yuri gritted her teeth as Nichkhun dragged the perplexed Victoria.

“They really pissed me off.” She whispered vividly.

Photobucket

----

A/N : Hey guys. It's getting bored and more bored, right? I lack of imaginations lately :/ Sorry for this sloppy chapter :/ Hmm