Chapter 7

Prime Suspect

It had been over a month since Jungkook started working on the case. One other victim was found and the media was starting to catch on to what was going on.

There had been murmurs of the similarity of deaths. At this point they had only identified six of the victims and the whole precinct hoped that their knowledge would stay limited.

Jiyong had thrown around some ideas of what the unsub might be like and they'd been back and forth with profilers. Jungkook wasn't sure if it was always this hard to get a case up and going but he knew he was up for the challenge.

Jungkook shuffled his papers into a pile and removed himself from his home office. Today felt like he'd strained his eyes and mind far more than he ever had. He stretched out his limbs and scuffed his bare feet against the wooden floor. Yeseina and Mina sat cuddled up on the couch swooning over one of the male leads of some drama. Jungkook walked around the couch and stood between his family and the television.

"Should I be jealous?"

"Of Kim Hyun Joong" His wife questioned calmly.

Jungkook nodded and raised a brow. He was trying to refrain from laughing at their silly conversation. Mina and Yesenia looked to one another and silently conversed before looking back at the man between them and the TV.

"Very!" They said in unison.

He narrowed his eyes at them before squeezing between them. He laid his arm over his wife's shoulders and plucked the remote from her hands.

"We'll watch the news then," he said quickly changing the channel.

"But daddy! Ji Hoo was just about get Jan Di to love him!"

"Honey this is Boys Over Flowers Ji Hoo nev-"

Yesenia cut the spoiler short with a kiss. She smiled then jabbed a finger into his side, "don't ruin the ending." She threatened.

"What will you do?"

"If you spoil it you'll find out."

"Can I get another kiss if I don't?" She laughed at him and snuggled up closer to him.

"Maybe."

With his two favorite women in his arms he nearly forgot all of the stress from work. That is until the words "Breaking News" flashed on the television screen. A perfectly postured news anchor looked straight into the camera waiting for the go ahead.

"There has been recent chatter of a serial killer loose on the streets of Seoul. An inside tip has connected over fifteen people in death and tonight the number seems to have risen. Before tonight the station has received multiple seemingly random notes declaring justice and balance in Korea. We've received yet another one tonight."

The camera switched to a blue screen with white words appearing as the anchor spoke.

"Do you take me seriously now? Do you see this problem we have in the world? I'm wiping our slate clean and tonight I'll take yet another off the street. She may not be the enemy but she had part in creating it. You must be scared but soon you'll see my side of things. I can't let what we've done to the world ruin our peoples future.

YinYang."

The symbol of peace and balance appeared on the screen next to the anchor.

"From what the notes have told us he believes he is restoring peace to this world by committing these crimes. That is why he calls himself YinYang." YinYang Killer was printed underneath the symbol. "The woman's identity has yet to be released but with further investigation we will have more information for you all. In the mean time stay safe."

With that it switched over to the regular rather gossipy news.

"!" Jungkook mumbled under his breath before running his fingers through is hair.

How could this have happened? Who tipped the media? Could the unsub really be dumb enough to divulge his doings to the public? Was he that desperate for attention? Jungkook's head was starting to hurt between his eyes.

"Babe?" Yesenia's hand rested on his back soothingly but when he looked up he could see the worry in her eyes.

Before he could calm her or reassure her his phone started ringing. Jiyong. He pressed the accept button and put the phone to his ear while Yeseina laced her fingers through his and Mina held on tightly to the hem of his shirt.

"We need you now! We need to get a quick profile for the public and get those notes. Damn it!" He cursed. With a new outside pressure the case was sure to get even more stressful.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes. Do you want me to stop by the news station or get straight to the precinct?"

"Donghae's closer so I'll just have him get those. You just get here as quick as possible. Pull out those lights and sirens if you have to."

The line went dead and he took a deep breath. He stood, lifted Mina and held her with one arm, and kept a firm grip on his wife. They walked to his bedroom quickly and he let them go.

"I have to go to work for a little bit but it's gonna be okay. Don't worry. Watch cartoon's or movies but just stay here alright?"

Jungkook pulled out his socks and slipped them on before heading out of the room.

"Is there something your not telling me?" Yesenia said before he could leave.

"It's a little confusing but there's an MO for this killer and it looks like he's getting confident. Just stay in the room and I'll tell you everything when I get back." He wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck. He lightly pecked her skin before backing away and out the door.

Jungkook drove fast. Way way over the speed limit. He made it in no time. The conference room was filled with tired profilers and detectives. Almost all were dressed in t-shirts and jeans which was an odd contrast to the suits he normally saw them in.

"Jungkook," Jiyong waved him over to the white board at the head of the room. "Glad you made it. We're gonna have to work fast so as soon as Donghae gets here I'll need you to start jotting down notes. We're gonna try to hold a press conference either tonight or early in the morning."

Jungkook took out a notepad and just as his partner said they started immediately. They picked apart the notes and the victims. Jungkook put in his input about the non mixed victims.

By the end of an hour here is what they've deducted: Twenty victims not including the possible one tonight. All suffered death by exsanguination. The last sixteen hung by there feet suggests experimentation. To have subdued both men and women the unsub would have to be rather strong. And tall. The cuts along their bodies are made with a small knife but are very clean and in areas with major arteries and veins.

After a while they took a break then an hour later they reconvened.

"I've got the press conference scheduled for 10 am. Jiyong will speak. Jungkook, Donghae and I will also be there. Don't worry you won't have to speak." The chief said looking at Jungkook who immediately felt a wave of relief.

Before they were sent home the three mentioned headed over to the morgue to look at tonight's recovered body. It still made Jungkook a little uneasy to see their lifeless faces and breath the air they could no longer themselves. Everything was the same. Another victim.

It was two in the morning by the time Jungkook made it home. The kitchen light was on. A half full glass of milk sat on the counter and one chocolate chip cookie was next to it on a plate.

One last cookie for my Kookie ♥︎

A note in his wife's handwriting. He smiled and ate it slowly. Even thought it had cooled entirely it was still soft and the chocolate still melted in his mouth. He downed the milk and put the dishes in the sink before making his way to the bedroom.

The light of the television bounced off the open door. A kids show about learning the alphabet played with a low volume. Mina laid on her stomach at the foot of the bed. Yesenia was under the covers actually in a sleeping position. She looked peaceful.

He didn't know why he felt a sense of relief seeing them like this. Seeing them happy and safe. It was obvious the killer was out for mixed people and any person associated with them. He was out for people like his wife and daughter. Part of him felt safe. He was a police officer and the victims weren't found, nor did they live, anywhere near him. But what would stop him? Obviously he didn't care about the police or he wouldn't commit such crimes.

Instead of over thinking and ruining the mood his family put him in he went to shut off the TV. He lifted Mina into his arms. He contemplated taking her to her own room but one night in theirs wasn't the end of the world. He set her down next to her mother and scooted in himself.

Jungkook put an arm over Yesenia's hips and placed a kiss on Mina's head. He only had a few hours till he had to leave again so he tried to sleep as quickly as possible. However he couldn't help but be too nervous and excited. Tomorrow morning he would be on national television. Tomorrow the killer would surly see his face.


So this has a little bit of fluff because the next chapter.... haha. yeah just wait till you get to it. Anyways thank you for still reading it means soooo much to me! You have no Idea!!

Rina <3