Chapter 14

Prime Suspect


"Vernon could you take Mina out today? I need to be alone with my wife for a little while." Jugkook said with a wide grin attacking Yesenia with a hug from behind. 

Though it was true he and his wife were overdue for alone time Jungkook also had other intentions. He knew how much Mina made Vernon smile. And he thought giving them time together before they would be forced to investigate him would do him good. 

"Lets go Mr. Vernon! Their gonna start kissing if we don't leave soon." Mina whined already slipping her shoes on. 

All three laughed at her eagerness to escape from her parents. Mina often protested to her parents affection with each other though she secretly liked it. With a smile Vernon agreed to take her out for the day.

"Here's some money. Go to a museum, go eat, get some ice cream. Whatever you want." 

"Are you sure? I can use my own money."

"Don't deny my wife. She will win in the end." Jungkook laughed. 

Once the two were successfully out the door Jungkook swept Yesenia off of her feet. With a childish grin on his face he started running to the bedroom and dropped her on the bed soon following after. He smiled widely and he draped a long leg over her body. 

"Now that we're alone..." He said dipping his head down to kiss her. 

Before he could fully reach her lips she threw her hand up as a barrier. Jungkook pouted and Yesenia laughed. 

"Jaaaagiiii!!!" He whined lolling his head around impatiently. His complaints amused her and she pushed his face farther away. 

"Kookie what kind of girl do you think I am?"

"My wife?" He stated with a sarcastic roll of his eyes. 

"Yes I'm your wife. Don't you think I deserve more respect than this?" 

"Ugh!" He flipped onto his back with exaggerated annoyance. "Jagiya I respect you all the time!!" He started flailing his legs like a two year olds tantrum.

"Is that a bad thing?" She asked rolling on her side. She stared at the way his eyes crinkled and  how his lips thinned. 

Jungkook stopped his flailing and sighed. He looked over at his wife and smiled. Her bare face was as beautiful as ever and her smile was just as sweet as when they fell in love. She pushed his hair away from his face and let her hand slide away. Her hand was barely able to travel away from his chest when he captured it with his own. 

"Of course not," he smiled up at her rubbing his thumb across the back of her hand. He brought her hand up to his lips and left a small kiss on the back of his knuckles. "And to think you were going to let me bleed to death when we first met."

"What are you talking about?" Yesenia asked narrowing her eyes at him.

"Professor Cho's  trigonometry class. We were learning about cotangents. I was bleeding severely and you wouldn't offer me help."

"It was a PAPER CUT! And I could barely understand what you were saying!" Yesenia snatched her hand away and rolled on her other side. 

Jungkook laughed as he watched her pout this time. She wasn't quite as dramatic as he was. Actually she was barely dramatic at all. 

"Is your fake near death experience all you remember that day?" 

Jungkook scooted closer to her. "Of course that's not the only thing I remember." He lifted his hand and traced the outline of her skin with his finger tip. "It was your first day... You're uniform hadn't come in yet so you were wearing your own clothes. It was a pastel blue sundress and you were wearing a pair of white vans. Your Korean was a little broken but I heard an angels voice when you spoke. At the very moment you walked in the room I knew that I had to make any excuse to talk to you... no matter how stupid."

"It was pretty stupid." Yesenia couldn't even contain her smile. "You really scared me when you shoved your finger in my face and started rambling in Korean." 

"Does it look all healed nurse Jeon?" he asked putting the same finger in her face.

"Looks all healed to me." She kissed his hand. Jungkook slipped his other arm underneath her head so he could be closer. 

He left light kisses on her exposed shoulder. Each warm breath fanned her skin and sent shivers down her spine.

"I have a question." He left several light kisses on her skin before speaking again. "How long did it take you to to figure out that I was the one leaving notes in your locker?"

Yesenia rolled over and smiled as she fiddled with the hair near Jungkook's ears. "How long do you think?"

"I'd say a couple of months. That's when you acknowledged me." 

They smiled thinking back to the day. Jungkook had been racking his brain all day for English words to write down on a note for her. He wasn't the best but he'd tried to write in her language to make her feel more comfortable. It was always clear how out of place she felt. 

That day the only words he could seem to remember were I love you. He scribbled it on notebook paper over and over again until he fell asleep during lunch period. 

Yesenia had walked back in the classroom and as she went by her eye caught the paper. In a sloppy scrawl said the words 'Yesenia, I love you' she'd woken him and to confront him about all of the badly written letters he wrote her. His face turned bright red and he had half the mind to run out of the room and hide in the bathroom for the rest of his life. 

"I knew about three weeks after the notes started." She giggled as his eyes grew in shock. 

"How did you find out? Why didn't you tell me after that?" He narrowed his eyes and propped himself up on his elbow. 

"I saw you stuffing the note in my locker. And..." She blushed thinking about her reasoning, "I was afraid if I let you know that I knew you would stop sending me letters."

"Aw you were so needy!" 

"And you were a scrawny little twerp!" 

"Well you're the one who married a scrawny little twerp and now look at me!" He looked off into the distance displaying his strong jawline, "you hit the jackpot babe!" 

She pecked his vulnerable neck and he blushed looking back at her. "You were the lucky one."

"I know," he said slowly kissing her lips. 


________________________
1 of 2 fluff chapters. The next shall be Mina and Vernon's day so look forward to the babies! 

Do you think the random fluff is good? Idk if it's a little strange especially considering this is about murder. But anty ways idk what I was gonna say....

Rina💜