Chapter 1

Prime Suspect

Jeon Jungkook woke to his alarm like every morning. His arm grazed against the cold empty half of the bed. Years ago this sight would have saddened him. But he smiled knowing his wife would rest here just after her shift ended at the hospital. He got up and strolled over to his closet. The old black police uniform hung just in front of him. He was happy to be able to push it aside and take alternate clothing.

He buttoned his white shirt to the middle of his chest and pulled on his black jeans. He slung a tie over his shoulder and ruffled his black hair. Satisfied he walked out. The wooden floor against his bare feet was a chilling contrast to the warm fuzzy carpet he woke up to.

He laughed as the kitchen came into view. Standing on a chair pouring a kid sized bottle of milk into a bowl was his daughter.

"Appa! I made you breakfast!" Her curly hair stuck out in random places and her school uniform was just a little off.

"It looks delicious! You really made this for me Mina?"

She smiled widely displaying her missing teeth. She inherited his eyes and smile and her mothers hair and Carmel complexion.

With a smile he walked over to give her a hug and set her on the floor. Cereal was scattered across the counter from her attempts at pouring it. Easily he cleaned it and took a pop tart from the cabinet for her to eat.

He sat at the table and she made herself comfortable on his lap.

"Mmmmm! This is the best breakfast ever!" He exclaimed every few bites. She would giggle attempting not to spit out her food. "Don't tell your mommy I said that okay?"

She made a zipping motion over her lips and smiled widely at him.

"Are you going to work today daddy?"

"Yes, I am."

"But your not wearing your work clothes!"

"Your daddy got a promotion so now I get to wear clothes like this every day."

"I like it!"

"I'm glad you do." He hugged her and swayed their bodies back and forth. "Let's finish getting ready before mommy comes home. Alright?"

Mina was the first to run to the bathroom and when he arrived she already had is toothbrush waiting for him. She mimicked him the whole time. The way he put the paste on the brush to the silly faces he made in the mirror.

After all of that was finished he fixed her clothes and started on her hair. Jungkook sat on the edge of the tub with his fidgety six year old between his legs. Because of her hairs texture simple brushes wouldn't work. He combed through it with a pick carefully making sure strays didn't spring away from his hold. He wrapped it in a tight ponytail and smoothed it with gel the way he'd seen his wife do since Mina was a baby. She always had a full head of curly hair and he loved it and her to no end.

"Look who's trying to win father of the year." His wife Yesenia teased from the doorway.

"Mommy!" Mina ran to her mother hugging her waist like it had been years since their last encounter.

She patted the girls head but her focus was on Jungkook. They smiled at one another. Their eyes playing a game to see who would look away first. Neither wanted to. They wished to spend hours just looking into the others eyes but the little beauty between them was begging for attention. They didn't mind that so much.

"Go get your book bag mija." It seemed as if the girl never stopped running and they both laugh when she nearly tripped over her feet. She was fine of course but her dramatic recovery was entertaining to say the least.

"What are you waiting for Yebo?" Jungkook asked latching onto her hips and pulling her close. "Don't you know I miss you."

"Really? I didn't miss you at all." She teased earning an adorable pout from him.

"You really didn't miss me?" He feigned a hurt expression. She shook her head no. "Senia!"

"Don't be a baby! I was only kidding." She gripped onto the collar of his shirt and pressed her lips to his. Yes, nice and soft just like she remembered.

He was dissatisfied when she pulled away so he went in for several longer kisses. And this time when she tried to get away he trapped her lip between his teeth and cupped his hand on the back of her neck. There was no way he would let her get away. He needed this. He needed her but the sound of feet forced them to pull apart.

Yesenia buttoned up his shirt just shy of the top one and planted another small sweet kiss on his lips. If they were alone both knew it wouldn't end just there but they weren't teenagers with no self control. They were adults with a kid in the room.

"I'll just help your daddy get ready. Why don't you go try to tie your shoes, okay?"

"Okay!"

And again they were left alone. She refused his kisses by putting a finger to his lips. He rolled his eyes and started adjusting the tie he just put on. She wrapped her arms around his waist and stared at his handsome face in the mirror. That was the one thing she could never get enough of. Him.

"I'm so proud of you." She whispered and kissed the space just behind his ear. A heavy breath escaped his lips and a shiver was sent down his spine.

"Don't do that if you know what's good for you." He laughed taking her hands in his .

They stood there for a moment. Looking in the mirror  as they admired one another's beauty. How could it be they had made it from a foreign book worm and a flower boy who hoped to never see the other again to madly in love with a child to prove it?

Jungkook pulled her along behind him as he made his way out of the bathroom. They waddled over to Mina due to their odd position.

"You two are so silly!" She shook her head and went back to her attempts at tying her shoe laces.

"If we're silly what does that make you?" Jungkook asked adjusting so that now his wife was in his arms.

"The smart one."

"Why you!" Jungkook released his wife and scooped Mina up into his arms.

"You said we were silly not stupid." Yesenia neared the two and Jungkook made it so that her most ticklish spot was vulnerable.

The three laughed uncontrollably until the alarm on their phones told them it was time for their morning to be over. Jungkook had to head off to work and Mina needed to go to school. He and his daughter hugged goodbye and as he had always done he showered each of her cheeks with at least a dozen kisses. When that was all through he stood up straight and waited without a word. When Yesenia didn't catch on immediately he stretched his arms out wide and still she gave him a questioning look.

"You have to go say goodbye to daddy." Mina said pushing her mother forward just the slightest.

"Do I have too?"

"I think its mommy's turn to get attacked." He said raising an eyebrow with a devilish grin plastered onto his face.

"I think so too."

"No no no. It most certainly not my turn! Yah Jungkook stop! Mina not you too!" This morning they all seemed to be in the mood for laughs so she let them go at it for a few minutes. "O-Okay that's en-enough. I'm tired!" She whined.

Jungkook held her close and pressed his fore head against hers. He smiled at her and was granted one last kiss for the time being.

"Have a good first day Kookie."

"Sleep well Senia." One more deep kiss couldn't be contained and caused Mina to make exaggerated gagging sounds.

Moments later the cool morning air surrounded Jungkook. He already missed the warm embrace of his family but what he was doing was providing for them. Ensuring they would have many more day's like this to come. The drive to the precinct wasn't too bad and finally he was able to walk into the building as not an officer who gave out traffic tickets, but a detective who solved real cases who would get great amounts of credit and respect for doing his job.

He was greeted kindly as he entered. The police chief was busy at the moment so he took a stroll. He weaved through the room filled with desks. Each desk had a large computer and files stacked near it. One sat empty with a familiar name engraved on the plaque.

Jeon Jungkook.

He tried his best to hide his childish excitement as he made his way over to then desk. He sat down and was amazed at how incredibly soft the cushions were. Across from him sat a man. Thick lips and tanned smooth skin. A pair of glasses sat on the tip of his nose as he read from the papers before him.

His plaque read Yoo Youngjae.

Youngjae looked up from his papers and to the computer screen but immediately his eyes shot back to Jungkook. A smile spread on his face and he pushed his glasses up before walking over to him.

"So you're the new meat huh?"

"Yeah I guess so." Youngjae sat his on the edge of Jungkook's desk.

"It's nice to meet you, Jungkook right? Well anyways I'm Youngjae. It's nice to finally have a neighbor again." He stretched his had over to Jungkook and they gave one another a strong shake. "Since we'll be seeing each other almost every day and hopefully become friends I'll let you know we've got a couple of hot heads in the precinct. You'll know em when you see them but just make sure you don't poke and prod too much at them. I've been there when I just began." He laughed sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. The torment that followed was unexpected and not something he could forget. "Talk about months of paperwork." He mumbled.

Jungkook and Youngjae made small talk for a while before someone else made their presence known.

"You're not gonna believe this!" The man walked over to Youngjae. "You are not gonna believe this." He said stressing the word believe.

"Just say it already Sungri!"

"Jiyong finally picked his partner for this upcoming investigation. Damn."

"Get on with it."

"He picked the damn kid. The new one! Can you believe this! I work with that for thirteen years and he barely speaks to me but he's gonna pick the newbie to be his partner! I am livid!" Sungri looked at Jungkook for a moment before storming away.

"I'm guessing he's the hot head." Jungkook laughed.

"Yeah. But Jeon You are one lucky man." Youngjae said shaking his head.

"I don't understand. Why was that guy so angry and why am I lucky?"

"Jiyong is the best detective in all of Seoul. Maybe even all of Korea. He's never had an unsuccessful case and he picked you to be his partner. He always either works alone or with well seasoned detectives. Your lucky because he's amazing and your lucky because your first assignment is probably gonna be something real exciting."

Already it seemed things were going well for him. His first case with a top detective? Yes, this job switch was certainly worth it.

_____________________

First chapter... What do you think? A little Odd and fluffy? Opinions on Jungkook's family? It's not much but it's only the beginning. Also here are some things you may be curious about.

Mija is short for Mi Hija which is Spanish for my daughter. It's an affectionate thing and the girl doesn't have to be your actual daughter. Mija is pronounced me-ha.

Personally I pronounce Senia as Sen-ya. How did you pronounce it?

Yesenia is Mexican because why not?

And finally I had so much difficulty naming Jungkook's daughter. Like if I make it too Mexican then it's unrealistic Jungkook could say it correctly but I also didn't want it to be far too Korean since she's mixed. So I felt like Mina was a good middle ground. What do you think?

Comment and give me a Hug!

Rina💜