Chapter 11

Prime Suspect

"How are you doing with my request?"

"It's going as planned. But why the interest in the first place?"

"I have my reasons."

~~*~~

The precinct was surprisingly quiet. Several detectives had the day off and others had several hours worth of paperwork to do. And the other small portion of people in today were just quietly twiddling with their thumbs hoping a new case would be slapped on their desk in the next few minutes.

So far in his work Jungkook had only had a few rare moments of this boring empty time. All else was filled with gruesome photos and profiling.

Today would prove to be another small adventure for the young man. The team would travel over to Inchon to firstly get detective Tuan officially moved to their team, and then would take a look at the recovered bodies. The four team mates were nearly ready to leave when their analyst made his way over to their desks.

"I've put all of the information I've been given into the system and here's what I have." He said laying the file on the desk top. "The knife model we've created based on the way the wounds on the victim were inflicted has an exact match. It was being sold on the internet and I was able to contact the seller and find its original creator. It's a small shop here in Seoul but the place has no online files nor does it seem they have a working telephone. Someone will have to go to the shop and get the information on all purchases made on that knife."

"I guess we can knock that out before we head over to Incheon." Jungkook said looking at the name printed on the paper.

"You know what it might take a little time and impede our trip. I'll handle it and you three get going." Jiyong said taking the file.

"Are you sure sunbae? You really don't have to. I can do it." Jungkook insisted.

"Now I can't let the newbie do everything can I?" He joked. "Get going. I'll meet up with you later."

Donghae and Jungkook agreed and they prepared to head out while Mark took a moment to look at Jiyong. The stare was greeted with a smile before Jiyong turned his back talking with the analyst as they walked back to his office.

It was quickly agreed that Donghae was a terrible driver and about half way out of the city they switched and let Mark drive them. It probably wasn't the best to let someone unfamiliar with the commute drive in the first place. In an attempt to not let awkward silence fall Jungkook started up a conversation to try and get to know his partners. They laughed at drunken tales and stories of unsuccessful attempts at picking up girls.

"And she though I was asking for my friend... Their married now." Donghae laughed at the memory.

"Look's like this hyung is a love doctor." Jungkook said shaking his head.

"It seems that way. Hey Kookie let me talk you to the bar sometime. I'll set you up with some girl I like." Donghae laughed.

At this comment even Mark looked over to the older man with a raised eyebrow. Jungkook laughed in slight confusion. Hadn't Donghae ever been to his desk or looked at his ring finger?

"That'd be fun hyung but I'm married." He said putting his left hand in front of the olders face.

"I thought that was a purity ring or something!"

"Nope. Wedding band."

"How long? Is this recent? Twenty five right? You're a little young to be married don't you think?" The questions came in quickly.

"Yes I am really young." he laughed. "I've been married for seven years. Her name is Yesenia."

"S-seven? hu... Let me see this lucky lady then," Jungkook looked through his phone and showed him the picture.

"If you'd ever been at his desk then you would have seen her picture." Mark said laughing at the older man's reaction to the whole situation.

"She's such a pretty foreigner," Donghae marveled scrolling through the pictures. "WAIT! Who's this!!?"

"His daughter." Mark said without even looking. "We're here."

They pushed aside their previous conversation and headed into the Incheon police station. Similar set up to the one in Seoul, just slightly smaller. Mark received smiles and warm greetings as they walked through, which he quietly acknowledged, and eventually they made it to the chiefs office. The papers were quickly dealt with and the chief spouted off about taking care of Mark tough it was clear Mark was a very capable man.

They decided they would go over locations and evidence from the scenes as they waited for Jiyong so they could go to the morgue. Jungkook had already been briefed but listened anyways. occasionally he added impute he remembered that Mark may have skipped over.

"Sorry I took so long. I that ahjussi was a little difficult and only had paper files. I had to make a copy of each one." Jiyong sighed rubbing his eyes.

"Okay but besides that did you know the kid was married!" Donghae nearly screamed pointing over at Jungkook.

"He wears a wedding band and has a picture of his wife and daughter on his desk."

"Ah hyung you're a perceptive one!"

"No you're just dumb." He laughed. "Now lets get to what we came to do."



 

This may seem like a nothing chapter but trust me it's not.

I was going to add a venom and Mina scene but it's been so long since I wrote the beginning of this chapter that I forgot what I wanted it to be..... Hmm.
Well in anyways I updated!!!
Sorry I've been lazy and school . Like my online class was made by the devil and my parents won't let me drop it T^T

Thank you's if you still read this after such a gap in updates.

Rina 💜