Chapter 16

Prime Suspect

30 missed calls
23 unread text messages
 

Night had barely fallen before Jungkook and Yesenia got worried. The first hour and missed calls wasn't too bad. They could have missed the bus or were still shopping. But now it was nearing midnight and Vernon's phone was going straight to voicemail. 

"We have to go. We have to go to the police station. Something's wrong I know it." Yesenia swiped her keys from the counter. Her mind over flowed with good and bad scenarios and before she knew it she was pacing In front of the door. "But it hasn't been forty eight hours yet. They won't do anything."

Her breath was ragged and she was nearly crying now. 

"W-what's-" she couldn't finish her words. She didn't want to. She just let Jungkook hold her tight. 

Inside he was just as much a mess as she was but he still held a little hope. Where he got it from he had no clue. 

"I'm an officer. I'm sure they'll bend the rules." 

He held tighter as her sobs got worse. He breathed in deeply trying to contain his emotions. He could start crying too. He needed to be calm. 

When they made it to the police station Jungkook went straight to the Chiefs office. He stood seeing Jungkook come into view and welcomed him inside. 

"What's up Jeon?" 

"Two people have gone missing. We need to find them as soon as possible."

"Who is it we're looking for?" 

"My daughter Mina..." He knew the chief would be shocked. He knew everyone would be. But he didn't care. "And Hansol Vernon Chwe." 

"Suspect Hansol Vernon Chwe?"

Jungkook didn't like the way Chief Lee had said his name or the word suspect before it. He didn't like the way he looked at him. So he confirmed with only a nod. 

"We'll put a team on it immediately and we will find your daughter." He assured Yesenia who was currently weeping in Jungkook's arms. 

"A-and Vernon too. R-Right?" 

The chief paused before speaking, "and Vernon too."

Jungkook took his wife to one of the empty meeting rooms so they could have some privacy. He just held her in his arms saying soothing words and hopeful scenarios. He wanted to believe they were okay but he knew the likely possibility. 

He knew what they would immediately tie it to. The Yin-Yang Killer. 

~~*~~

The room was dark. So dark that Mina couldn't even see her own hand in front of her face. She'd woken up nearly an hour ago. She'd scoured he surroundings and quickly found the metal bars sealing her in the small corner. 

The next thing she found was Vernon's unconscious body. She'd tried to wake him but when she failed she'd simply decided to lay by his side. 

She silently sobbed into his shirt praying that he would wake up and that they'd go home. 

Sudden bright lights startled her and woke Vernon. His mind was hazy and his body was too numb to move. 

The tall slender man with devilish cat like eyes slowly made his way to the caged area. He smiled letting the slow click of his shoes echo through the room.

"Mr. I.. I know you."

"No you don't. And if you do then that's more reason for you to die. Understand?"

She started sobbing fearing all the things those punks on the playground had said was true. She was next. She would be the next victim. 

"Mr. V-Vernon." She whispered hugging his torso tightly. 

The boy was too far gone to be able to respond properly. But inside he could hear and he could think. He tried convincing his body to move. He tried convincing his mouth to speak. He wanted to say soothing things to Mina and attach the bastard that had done this to them but he was failing miserably. 

"A pathetic breed you are... No not breed... What pathetic mutts you are." He ran his finger across the cell bar's causing them to make a quiet noise. 

The man watched as Mina shook and Vernon tried to move. It gave him joy to see their tears. To see them struggle and internally begging him not to kill them. 

"Mina... You know what a mutt is right?" He asked standing back from the cell. 

She cried harder refusing to answer any questions. She knew. She'd heard it every day. There wasn't much she hadn't heard. But none of the times it had been directed toward her had it felt so terrifying. 

"TOP!" The man called and in came the dark skinned Mafia Boss. 

"Tell me why I'm doing you're dirty business again?"

"Because You wouldn't look good in an orange jumpsuit." He snapped looking at TOP. "And I helped you get that military grade weaponry. I could lose my job for that. It's the least you could do."

Though TOP grumbled under his breath he did as he'd been instructed before he arrived. He pulled out a syringe and medication. He stuck the full needle into Vernon's arm and filled him with the sedative. 

"I really liked you Vernon. I'm sad it had to be this way."

__________________________
I feel so lazy so forgive my lack of editing and typo's!! And the late update. But my mind is going blank. For a bit.  But I'll get this no normal length in the next update I swear! ! 

Also I hurt all my babies in this chapter!! 

Rina 💜