Chapter 22

Prime Suspect


"Hansol Vernon Chwe what have you got to say for yourself?"

"What's there to say?"

"Where is Jeon Mina?"

He was silent till they spoke again. "Where is Jungkook's baby girl? Where is she!?" he remained silent but his heart pounded in his chest. "She's an innocent child and so help me if I find her lifeless body in a ditch somewhere-"

"Stop! I wouldn't do anything! I wouldn't-"

"Wrong!" a snide familiar voice echoed through the room, "You can't crack under this sort of pressure Vernon. They'll grill you much harder than we are. We both know what will happen if you break character."

The monitor flicked on showing Mina's swollen sleeping face. 

"Practice a bit more and I'll be back to test you again later."

Static came through the intercom before completely shutting off along with the monitor yet again. The men interrogating him left him as well shutting off the lights as they went. 

~*~

TOP stood looking through the glass window to Mina's prison. Few people left his heart feeling soft and it seemed that Mina was one of those few. He looked at the girl with sympathy. All she had to go through and all for some psychopath, he didn't even like, to get his kicks. To "Cleans Korea".

TOP checked his watch and he counted down the seconds until he would leave. Taking this window of opportunity he made his way into the girl's room.

With a wet cloth in hand he gently lifted her into his lap. He dabbed at the dirtied corners of the still sleeping girls mouth. Aside from the bruises and small scabs she looked about as adorable as she did before. Mina squirmed a little before slowly opening her eyes.

Her heart thudded rapidly in her chest staring up to the tall dark man. Quickly she'd learned whatever man was before her as she woke he would do nothing but harm. And there was nothing she could say or do to stop them from hurting her. 

"It's okay. Its' okay." He didn't keep her firmly in his hold. He just let her run to the other end of the room. "Here."

TOP held out a bottle of water for her to take. In order to keep her calm, or rather drained, they'd fed her very little. She had to be getting dehydrated and starving at this point.

"I won't hurt you."

With his last words siting awkwardly in the air he left the room. He left the light on and a snack and water sitting on the bench.

It took Mina a while but eventually she made her way over to what had been left for her. After gulping down the water and savoring the flavor of a few dumplings she knocked on the solid metal door. She half expected and half hoped that TOP was still out there.

"Sir?"

The heavy door squeaked as it was being open. Once TOP was in sight Mina bowed, still wary of him however, and thanked him for the food he'd brought her. 

He shut the door and let the girl bask in the fluorescent lights just a while longer. After all he wouldn't be back for the next five hours. 

TOP sat down for a moment and leaned back against the wall. He looked to the dingy white walls and took a deep breath. There were many things weighing on his mind that never had before. 

The sort of torment and abuse happening here shouldn't be anything new or alarming to him. Things like this were a frequent occurrence in his line of work. The difference was the people he dealt with were all adults. All were capable making their own decisions whether good or bad. They had made the choice to do the wrong things. But Mina was a child, and Vernon had done nothing to land himself into a situation such as this. 

As much as TOP wanted to stop this he couldn't. It wasn't as simple as turning in a crook because his own neck was on the line. If he were to make accusations against him. Who would even believe it? 

In order to do something. In order to help he needed to first get rid of the dirt on himself. He needed to destroy files and make gambling houses and certain warehouses disappear off of the map. All of that was easier said than done. With a keen eye on him at seemingly all times it seemed even more impossible. 

Remaining on the floor he went to work making business calls and in short moments of silence worked through his muddled thoughts. By the time he'd finished his back had become stiff and his eyes had become tired. 

A man ran to him and bowed before looking up and waiting for the signal to speak. TOP urged him with a lazy wave of his hand.

"Your tracker just called in and said that he's already on his way here. We haven't got a clue why but he'll be here soon sir."

"Thank you." TOP said calmly before dismissing the man.

Mina had passed out on the bench. He took the opportunity to shut off the lights and head out away from the dungeon esque space. He sat down in the rolling chair taking a look at the monitors watching as he walked in. Anger radiated off of him. Who would be at the unfortunate end of his rage this time was uncertain. 

All TOP knew was that whatever it is he needed to do he had to do it quickly.


________________________
Ok kiddies stuffs bout to get outta hand. Like Wooh. Do you think I'll end up breaking your heart? 
Also let me be vague about the future doings of a character I will not name (because I'll ruin the story). "people make mistakes" 

Also my radiology books came in!! Excited but I gotta review my anatomy T~T 

Rina💜