Chapter 7

Love is so Bad

 

Hyejin’s POV
 
Donghae and I were on our couch cuddling while watching a movie.  We never had nights like this recently because Donghae’s been busy preparing for his Super Show 4 which is next week already.  He would always practice until four am.  Sometimes he wouldn’t even come home at all.  I loved moments like this where I can cuddle with my husband.  We were so into the movie but I felt something uneasy in my stomach.  I suddenly had the urge to throw up so I ran into the bathroom and started throwing up.  This caught Donghae off guard and he ran into the bathroom to check up on me.
 
“Babe. You okay? What’s wrong?” I heard him ask me.  I felt his hand patting my back.
 
“I don’t know.  I just suddenly felt like throwing up.”
 
“Did you eat something bad?”
 
“I don’t know.”
 
“You look really pale babe.  I think you should go to bed now. Let’s go to bed.” he told me while he picked me up and walked us into our bedroom.
 
-Next Day-
 
The girls and I were in the YG building with everyone else because we had a meeting regarding our YG Family concert that was a few weeks away.  I was sitting in between Tablo oppa and Minji.
 
“Unnie.  Why do you look so pale? Are you okay?” Minji asked me.
 
“De. I’m just really tired and I’m not feeling that well.”
 
“Are you sure you’re okay? Did you go see the doctors?” Tablo oppa asked me.  He looked really worried.
 
“De. I’m fine oppa. Don’t worry about it.” I smiled weakly at them.  They didn’t look too convinced but decided not to say anything.  
 
The meeting started and we were all talking about the orders of the acts and what collabs we should do with each other.  I suddenly felt that uneasiness in my stomach again and I stood up and ran to the bathroom and started throwing up.  Seriously… what’s wrong with me?  What did I eat last night that caused this?!
 
“Unnie! Are you okay?! Why are you throwing up?!” I heard Minji asking me while she’s patting my back.
 
“Hyejin ah, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” Kim asked.
 
“I’m fine.”
 
We walked back to the meeting and everybody looked at me with a worried look.
 
“I’m fine you guys. Let’s get back to the meeting.”
 
After the meeting was finished, Tablo oppa and Dongwook oppa approached me. 
 
“Are you sure you’re okay? You don’t look too good. You’re face is all pale.” Dongwook pointed out.
 
“Minji told us you were throwing up. Are you sure you don’t need to go to the doctors?” Tablo oppa added.
 
“De. I’m fine. I think it’s because I hate something bad last night. I’ll be fine in a few days. Don’t worry.”
 
Everyone made me go home early to rest but I insisted on staying and practice with them.  They didn’t let me so I had to call my manager to take me home.  I arrived home and figured that Donghae would still be practicing for the concert so he wouldn’t be home this early.  Lately, I’ve been feeling really moody.  I get mad more easily and irritated with others easily.  I don’t know what’s wrong with me.  Maybe I’m just tired and stressed out with everything.  I opened the door and walked into our apartment and I heard noises in the kitchen.  Who’s home? Is it a burglar?!  I took a bat that was near our door and walk towards the kitchen.  I was about to swing at the person but I saw Donghae in the kitchen cooking something.
 
“I’m not a burglar.” He told me while cracking up. I put the bat down and sat down on the counter.
 
“What are you doing? Why are you home so early?” I asked him.  
 
“I heard you were throwing up again from Tablo hyung so I hurried home to make you some porridge.  My mom says porridge helps you a lot when you’re throwing up.  I’m home early because I asked the guys if I can go home and take care of my wife.” I smiled at him.  I know I say this a lot but why is he so sweet?
 
“You know you don’t have to right? I can take care of myself.” I told him.
 
“A thank you would be nice.” He teased me. “Plus, I want to take care of my wife. Go wash up and I’ll have dinner ready.”
 
Donghae’s POV
 
After I got the news of Hyejin throwing up again, I rushed out of the practice room and hurried home.  I didn’t tell Hyejin that I left without telling them.  Of course I got permission from the guys but they told me to tell them first next time.  I called my mom to ask her what I should make Hyejin and she told me to make her porridge.  I hope it makes her feel better.
 
I heard the doors open…it must be Hyejin.  I didn’t say anything and when I looked up I saw Hyejin holding a bat ready to strike me.  I laughed because I realized that she thought I was a burglar and she was scared.  She glared at me and pouted.  I told her to wash up and come out for dinner. 
 
I wonder what’s wrong with my Hyejin.  She’s been throwing up since last night…maybe I should take her to the doctors.  I asked her last night but she told me she’ll be fine.  I hope she’s not lying to me.  I set the table and waited for Hyejin to come out.  I heard our door opened and looked up to see her.  She looked so pale and it looked like she threw up again.  I walked over to here and pulled her into a hug.
 
“Did you throw up again?”
 
“De.”
 
“What’s wrong? Do you want to go to the doctors? I’ll ask the guys for a day off tomorrow and take you.” I asked her.
 
“Ani. I’m fine Donghae. I just need to rest. Your concert is next week already so just go to practice.” She smiled at me.  I pulled her closer to me and hugged her tightly.
 
“If you need anything, just tell me.”  I felt her head nodding.  She suddenly pulled away from the hug and she face looked like she was in pain.  “Babe. What’s wrong?! Are you hurt?!”
 
“Ani. Donghae, what are you wearing? I can’t stand the smell!” She told me. What? The reason why she looked like she was in pain is because of my cologne?!
 
“It’s the cologne you got me for my birthday.”
 
“It smells bad!” She pushed me away from her. “Get rid of the smell.”
 
Seriously, what is wrong with her? I just sighed and walked to the bathroom and washed up.  After washing up, I went out to the dining room and saw her sitting there staring into space.  She heard me walking towards and she stood up and ran up to me to give me a hug.
 
“I’m sorry if I didn’t like the smell.  I’m really sorry. And thank you for making dinner for me.  I’m sorry if I’ve been moody.  I’m really sorry.” She started crying in my arms.  I didn’t know what to say.
 
“Babe. It’s okay. Why are you crying? You didn’t do anything. I’m not mad… I know you’re sick so it’s understandable that you’re moody. Baby don’t cry anymore. I promise to never make you cry. You’re making me seem like a bad guy. Don’t cry okay?” I told her.  She pulled away from the hug and nodded her head.  
 
“I love you so much Donghae.” She told me and I leaned in and kissed her forehead.  
 
After she calmed down, we ate dinner and she offered to clean up.  I didn’t let her and made her go in the room and rest first.  After I was done with cleaning, I went to go wash up before I headed to our bedroom.  I entered our bedroom and saw Hyejin already sleeping.  I chuckled to myself… she must be really tired.  I lied in bed and tried to sleep.  Unfortunately, I can’t sleep yet.  I turned over to look at her face… I really wonder what’s going on with her right now.  If you don’t get better in a few days, I’m taking you to the doctors whether you like it or not. I turned away from her and closed my eyes.  I felt something warm next to me and I smiled when I realized it was Hyejin hugging me from behind.
 
“You’re not going to cuddle with me?” I heard her ask me.  I can see her cute lips pouting already.  I chuckled at her action.  I turned around and pulled her into my chest and hugged her tightly.
 
“If that’s what my queen wants then I’ll cuddle with you all night.”
 
“I’m sorry once again… for being really moody. Have I told you how much I love you? Because I really love you Donghae. I love having you by my side and I hope you’ll remain by my side for eternity.”
 
“I love you too Hyejin. Don’t worry about your moodiness.  You’re just not feeling well.  And don’t worry Hyejin ah, you’re stuck with me for eternity whether you like it or not. You’re mine forever.”  I didn’t hear her respond to me which means that she fell asleep. “Goodnight sleepy head and I love you.”