Chapter 6

Love is so Bad

 

Donghae’s POV
 
After Hyejin fell asleep, I decided to walk around and tour New York City since I wasn’t sleepy yet.  I asked the guys if they wanted to go with me but they just wanted to stay in the room and relax.  I left the hotel in a disguise and started touring New York City.  It’s my first time being here and everything is so lively here.  The lights, the music, and even the people.  I want to take Hyejin here some day.  I can just imagine us walking around hand in hand trying everything in this city.  I was too busy planning my future trip with Hyejin that I didn’t realize I bumped into someone.
 
“Sorry. I didn’t see you there.” I heard someone saying in English.  I looked up and saw Sunye.
 
“Sunye?” I asked.  She had a confused look on her face but it disappeared once she realized who it was.
 
“Donghae oppa?” she asked after she recognized my voice. “Why are you in New York?”
 
“We have a SM Town concert here. I forgot that you’re in New York.”
 
“How long are you staying? And why are you still out?”
 
“We’re only staying until Sunday night and I couldn’t sleep so I wanted to tour the city. Why are you still out?”
 
“I just got back from dinner with friends.  Well, lucky for you I know this city very well and I’m free.” She smiled at me. “I can show you around if you want.”
 
“Okay. Let’s hang out then! Let’s go grab come coffee… my treat.”
 
“De. Let’s go to a Starbucks and we can hang out at Central Park.  What do you think?”
 
“Sure. Let’s go.”
 
After we got our coffee, we made our way to Central Park.  The park looked really different at night time but it was still pretty nonetheless. We found a bench near the fountain and decided to sit there and catch up.
 
“How are you oppa?”
 
“I’m good. I’ve been busy with all these promotions but other than that I’m good. What about you?”
 
“I’m good too. I miss Korea so I can’t wait to return. How’s Hyejin unnie?”
 
“She’s great.  She just had her first concert a few weeks ago and now they’re going to expand the concert.  She’s currently working hard for their YG Family concert.”
 
“You guys are doing great right?”
 
“De. More than great. I just wish she was able to come to New York with me.  I hate it when I leave her alone while I’m in a different country.  It makes me feel uneasy when I’m not with her.”
 
Sunye’s POV
 
I’ve been in love with Donghae oppa ever since the time he came to my dad’s funeral.  Donghae oppa has always been there for me when I needed him.  He always knew how to make me feel better.  His smile always made my heart beat fast.  When I found out that he had a girlfriend, I was jealous and hurt.  I kept on hoping every day that they would break up and maybe I would have a chance with him.  That’s when Yoona came into the picture and told me about the plan to break them up.  Of course, I didn’t tell Yoona that I was in love with him because I knew she was in love with him too.
 
I decided to help because maybe it would give me a chance to be with him finally.  But in the end, I could see that Hyejin unnie would be the only girl in Donghae oppa’s eyes.  I could tell that she’ll be the only one for him because he’ll never love anyone the way he loves Hyejin unnie.  That’s why I decided to help Donghae oppa and tell him the truth.  Just because I helped them doesn’t mean I don’t love Donghae oppa anymore.  In fact, I still love him and I’m still waiting for him to finally see me as a woman.  I know it’s wrong of me to love a married man but I can’t help it.  Whenever we talk, I always ask him about unnie hoping that they would drift apart.  That never happens.  Their love is growing stronger and stronger.  I can’t help but be jealous.
 
When oppa told me how he feels uneasy whenever he leaves unnie alone, I felt my heart breaking.  Oppa why can’t you love me?  Why can’t you see me as a woman?
 
“You okay Sunye? You’re really quiet today?” I heard oppa asking me.
 
“De. I’m just tired.  I had a really long day.”
 
“I’m sorry! You should go back now. I didn’t know you were tired.” He apologized.  This is why I love oppa so much.  He’s so considerate.
 
“Ani. It’s fine oppa. We haven’t seen each other in a while so I just want to spend time with you.”
 
We spent the whole night talking with each other.  I love moments like these.  Oppa, I wish we will many more moments like this and one day I hope you’ll realize that I’m the one for you.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I hung out with Sunye until 5 in the morning.  It’s been such a long time since I’ve last seen her and I really miss her.  She is such a great friend and she’s very understanding.  Besides Hyejin, Sunye would be the other girl that I can tell everything to.  I tried sneaking into the hotel room without waking Hyukjae. 
 
“Where’d you go? Why’d you stay out so late?” I heard Hyukjae asking me. Damn. He’s awake?!
 
“I was at Central Park.”
 
“This whole time? By yourself?” He asked while he was still lying on his bed.
 
“Ani. I was with Sunye.” My answer caused Hyukjae to sit up from his bed and looked at me with wide eyes.
 
“Really? Just you two?” He asked me.  What’s wrong with hanging out with Sunye.
 
“Yeah. Is there a problem?”
 
“N-No. Just go to bed Hae. You need some sleep before the concert.”  I nodded my head at him and headed towards the bathroom.
 
Hyukjae’s POV
 
When Hae told me he spent the whole night with Sunye, I felt uneasy.  I know that Sunye is in love with Hae.  Hae’s just too oblivious to see this… even Hyejin sees it.  Hyejin tells Hae that she’s fine with him talking to her and hanging out with her but I can see through my sister.  She’s not fine with it.  She feels insecure whenever Hae’s around Sunye.  It’s probably because Hae confides in Sunye about everything.  Hyejin was the only girl Hae did this with until Sunye came into the picture.  I don’t think it’s a good idea that Hae is hanging out with Sunye.  It can cause a lot of misunderstanding and it will just lead Sunye on.  I don’t know why but I just have this gut feeling that Sunye is out to break their marriage.  I hope I’m wrong.
 
“Hyukjae-ah, what are you thinking about?” Hae’s voice brought me back to reality.  I really wanted to tell him but it’s not my place.  
 
“Nothing. I was just thinking about how the concert will turn out.  I’m just excited to see New York fans that’s all.” Hae bought my story. “So what’d you and Sunye do?”
 
“We just had coffee and stayed at Central Park.  We just talked and caught up with everything in our lives.”
 
“Do you miss her?”
 
“De. I miss her.  It’s been a while since I’ve last saw her so I was happy that I bumped into her today.”
 
“I see. Well go to bed now Hae. We have a long day ahead for us.”
 
Hae ah, you better not hurt my sister because if you do, I’ll never forgive you.