Chapter 19

Love is so Bad

 

Hyejin’s POV
 
I’m sorry Donghae. I had to lie to you when I told you I don’t love you anymore.  If I didn’t say that, then I know you wouldn’t sign the papers.  I hope you live a happy life Donghae.  You can start your life again with Sunye now.  You don’t have to be tied down with me anymore.  I walked into the dorm and the members saw my face.  I didn’t have to tell them anything because they already knew.  They pulled me into a hug.  I went to night crying my eyes out while the members were comforting me.
 
-Next Day-
 
Minji woke me up the next day.  I looked over at the clock and saw that it was two in the afternoon.  I slept until now?  I haven’t slept like this in forever.  My heart feels much lighter now.  I still love him but I have to let him go.
 
“Unnie, did you see the news?” Minji asked me.  She looked nervous.
 
“Ani. What is it?” She showed me on the laptop the news that everyone is reading about the moment.
 
Super Junior’s Lee Donghae and 2ne1’ Lee Hyejin split!
After being together for nearly 12 years and nearly 2 years of marrige, the couple are calling it a quit.  Many fans saw Donghae’s manager turning divorce papers in.  Their reps have confirmed that they have broken up.  What happened?  The couple were so in love.  Many netizens are confused with what has happened.  They are sad that the couple broke up. Some comments are: “They were the perfect couple! What happened?!” “I don’t think I’ll believe in love then. If they don’t make it then what makes other couples last?!” “I’m sad. I want them to be together.” “I wonder what happened. I hope they make up.” “This is lame. They were so perfect together.”
 
“You okay unnie?” 
 
“De. I’m okay. Don’t worry about me.  This is bound to happen…. The fans had to find out sooner or later.” I smiled at her. “Do we have any schedule today?”
 
“Ani.” 
 
“I think I just want to rest today. Tomorrow will be a new day for me. Is that okay Minji ah?”
 
“De. Just rest unnie. If you need anything just tell me. I’m here for you.”
 
Today will be the last day I’ll cry for you.  Today will be my last day holding onto all the memories we shared.  Tomorrow will be a new day and I’ll forget you Lee Donghae.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I guess it’s official.  Hyejin and I are officially divorced.  I feel empty now that it’s official.  I went to visit the guys at the dorm.  The members all looked at me and they didn’t say anything.
 
“I already warned you to not hurt my sister.” 
 
“I’m sorry Hyukjae.”
 
“Whatever. I don’t even want to see you right now. You’re an idiot. I’m an idiot for trusting you with my sister. You better leave her alone from now on.” He warned me.
 
“I’m disappointed in you hyung. I can’t believe you did that to Hyejin.  I can’t believe she went through all this pain because of you. You’re lucky that Hangeng hyung and Heechul hyung aren’t here.“ Kyuhyun added.
 
“Guys stop it. Hae’s having a hard time too. Just leave him alone.” Leeteuk hyung defended me.  Hyung led me into his room. “How are you holding up Hae.”
 
“Hyung.” I started crying.  Hyung pulled me in his arms. “I’m so stupid. It’s all my fault. Why did I even act like that hyung?! I can’t believe I did that to her. I promised her that I would never hurt her. I promised her that I’ll always love her. I broke my promise to her. I still love her hyung but I know it’s over now.  And it’s all my fault.” I sobbed in his arms.
 
“Hae. It’s okay. I was disappointed once I heard what happened.  It’ll be fine.  You guys both need some time now.  I think it’s best for the both of you to move on now.  I’m always here for you.  If you ever need someone to talk to, I’m always a phone call away okay?” 
 
“De hyung.  Hyung, I think I want to enlist in the military service with you.”
 
“What are you talking about Hae?”
 
“I want to enlist with you.  This way I won’t see her anymore and I’ll be able to forget her. Please let me enlist with you.”
 
“Alright. But are you sure you want to do this?”
 
“De. Plus, I’ll have to enlist soon too. So why not enlist now?” Leeteuk hyung just looked skeptically at me.
 
“Alright. I’ll tell the company and everything.”
 
Today will be my last day thinking of you Lee Hyejin.  Tomorrow, I’ll try to forget you.  I know that enlisting in the military is the coward’s way out but this is all I can do.  I have two years to forget you.