Chapter 3

Love is so Bad

 

Donghae’s POV
 
Today was the day of our comeback.  We released our 5th album of a few days ago and it did an all kill.  The guys and I were so happy when we heard the news since it’ll be our last time ever performing as a whole.  Heechul hyung told us a month ago that he has decided to enlist and start his military services.  We were sad when we heard the news but we all know this was bound to happen.  It’ll be my time too and when it comes, I don’t know if I can leave Hyejin.  The thought of not being able to have her around me scares me.
 
We were all in the dressing room getting ready for our performance.  Hyejin and I didn’t go to the studio together.  I wonder where she is now.  I told everyone that I was going to go look for Hyejin.  I tried looking for 2ne1’s dressing room but couldn’t find it.  I heard my phone ringing and the caller ID read Sunye.  If you’re wondering why Sunye is calling, it’s because Sunye and I are still good friends and we still contact each other frequently.  Don’t worry… Hyejin is aware of this and she’s perfectly fine with it.
 
“Sunye?”
 
“Hi Oppa! Congrats on your comeback! I bought the full album and I love it!”
 
“Thanks. How are you?”
 
“I’m great! You’re not busy right?”
 
“Ani. I’m just at Inkigayo because I have a recording today.  I was about to go look for Hyejin but you called.”
 
“Oh. Sorry. I’ll go now then oppa.  Go find Hyejin unnie. I’ll talk to you later oppa.”
 
“It’s fine.  I’ll find her later.  Is something wrong?”
 
“Ani. I just felt like talking to you.  How are things with you and unnie?”
 
“Things are great and I love the married life.   Everything’s so perfect.” I told her with a smile on my face.
 
“I see.”
 
“Is something the matter Sunye?”
 
“Ani. I’m just tired.  I wanted to tell you that we’re coming back to Korea next month! We can hang out right?”
 
“Yeah we can! Just call me up and we’ll all hang out.”
 
“All?”
 
“Hyejin and I.”
 
“Oh I see.  Oppa I have to go now. I’ll talk to you later.”
 
That was weird. She seemed kind of different.  I wonder what’s wrong with her.  Maybe she’s just having a bad day.  Where’s 2ne1 dressing room?!  
 
“Oppa?” I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw Minji.
 
“Minji-ah! Where’s your dressing room? I tried finding it!” I told her.  Minji just laughed at me.
 
“Our dressing room is across from yours oppa! How’d you even miss it!? Unnie tried finding you but the guys said you went out.”
 
Minji and I walked back to our dressing room and I decided to go in hers.  I got in and looked around for Hyejin but she wasn’t in the room.  I wonder where she is?
 
“Unnie, where’s Hyejin unnie?” Minji asked Kim.
 
“Oh. She got a phone call from Nichkhun so she’s outside talking to him.”  
 
Nichkhun? Why is she talking with him?  I thought she was trying to find me.  It’s not that I’m jealous or anything but I don’t like Nichkhun.  I don’t like the fact that he’s hanging out with my wife and that he’s close to her.  They’ve gotten closer thanks to the King of Idol special in Thailand.  After that, the two started communicating and hanging out more.  I can see that Nichkhun has feelings for my wife and I know that Hyejin is his ideal type.  I feel uneasy whenever I see the two around each other or communicate with each other.  I was too busy thinking about Nichkhun and Hyejin that I didn’t notice someone wrapping their arms around my waist.
 
“There you are.  I tried looking for you but your members said you went out.”  I smiled when I heard her voice. “I searched for fifteens minutes and I still didn’t find you!”  I turned around and saw her pouting.  Why is she so cute?!
 
“I was trying to look for you and then I saw Minji and she told me how your dressing room was across from ours.  I didn’t see the sign. Sorry.” I smiled at her and pulled her into a hug.  She returned the hug. “I miss you. What are you doing after this?”
 
“I have to go back to the YG building to practice for our Nolza concert next week.  Do you have plans after this?”
 
“I have a Strong Heart recording but after that I should be free.  Why?”
 
“Do you want to stop by and watch?  And we can go home together afterwards if you want.  If not, it’s fine then.”
 
“I’ll stop by.  I miss you and it’s not like I’ll be free like this all the time.  I have to make the most of it with my wife.”  she broke the hug and smiled at me.  She leaned in and kissed me on my lips.  “I love you.”
 
“I love you too Donghae.”
 
After our recording for Inkigayo, Hyejin and I went our separate ways.  The guys and I went to the Strong Heart recording in order for us to promote our 5th album.  There were many guests there but I wanted to recording to be finished so I can spend some time with my Hyejin.  I know that we’ll both be busy later on so we should spend as much time with each other as we can.
 
The recording went by smoothly.  Everyone in the studio was sharing their stories.  Most of the stories were funny and the whole studio wlould just burst into laughters.  The guys were rating who was the best looking and the worst looking in Super Junior.  Of course, Siwon would get first and I got second place.  Hyukjae got last.  Everyone thought he was ugly and you can tell that Hyukjae was hurt but didn’t show it.
 
“My Donghae-ah.  Do you think Hyukjae is not good looking?” Hodong hyung asked me.
 
“Ani.  I think he’s really good looking.  I don’t think he’s the ugliest member from Super Junior.” I told them honestly.  I looked over at Hyukjae and he smiled at me.
 
“Hyung’s only saying that because Hyukjae is Hyejinnie’s brother.” Kyuhyun stated.
 
“Ani. I’m telling the truth.  When I first met Hyukjae, I thought he was really good looking.  In fact, Hyejin’s whole family is good looking.”  The whole audience awed  at what I said.  I was just speaking the truth.
 
“So Donghae-ssi, since you brought up your wife, how’s the married life?” Seunggi asked me.
 
“The married life is the best.  I love it because I get to see her every day and get to spend most of my time with her.  I love having someone by my side and know that they’ll be there for the rest of my life.”
 
“How’s Hyejin as a wife?” I heard someone asking.
 
“She’s a great wife.  She always takes care of me and makes sure I eat on time.  Whenever I have an earlier schedule than her, she would wake up early and make me a sandwich. And whenever I get home later than her, she would always stay up and wait for me no matter how late it is.  I always tell her not to but she’s stubborn.  I’m very lucky to have such a loving wife like Hyejin.”  I smiled as I was recalling all the memories Hyejin and I spent as husband and wife.  It’s only been a year of marriage but it was a great year of marriage. I hope we will be happy like this forever.
 
“Wah. Donghae-ssi is lucky that he has such a beautiful and loving wife!” Sang Hoon-ssi gushed.  “I wish I was able to find someone like that!”
 
“My Donghae-ah, are you a loving husband towards your wife then?” Hodong hyung asked me.
 
The Super Junior members started cracking up like crazy.  The other guests all looked at them if they were crazy.  They were probably wondering what was so funny.
 
“Hyung. Our Donghae is the corniest person you can ever meet in this world!” Leeteuk hyung said. 
 
“He’s always so mushy to Hyejin in front of all us!  It makes us want to cringe.”  Heechul hyung added in.
 
“So does that mean Donghae-ssi is a loving husband towards Hyejin-ssi?” Seunggi asked.
 
“De. Hyung’s the most loving husband when it comes to Hyejinnie.  He treats her like she’s gold and he loves her so much he’s willing to do anything for her.  I remember for a whole month when Hyejinnie was getting ready for her comeback, hyung would always be worried for her since she’s been staying up really late.  We had our comeback too and we had to get ready for it but all hyung could think about is Hyejinnie.” Ryeowook stated.  
 
“There was one day when Hae came up to me and asked for some advice.  He seemed really trouble so I thought him and my sister got into an argument.  I was really worried because I didn’t want to be caught in the middle since one is my sister and the other is my best friend.  He ended up telling me his dilemma and I couldn’t help but laugh.” I heard Hyukjae saying.
 
“What was his dilemma?” a guest asked.
 
“If he should buy Hyejin a dog or not as a gift for her comeback.” The whole audience burst into laughter.  
 
“Wait, he was troubled because he didn’t know if he should buy her a dog or not?” Sanghoon-ssi asked.
 
“De. It was the funniest thing ever because he really looked troubled.” Hyukjae said while laughing.
 
“Why is it so funny because I was troubled if I should buy Hyejin a dog or not?!” I asked everyone while pouting.
 
“I think it’s sweet that he was troubled over this matter.” Soohyang-ssi commented.
 
“How so?” Hodong hyung asked.
 
“Because this wasn’t even a big deal yet he was so troubled by it.  It just shows how much he loves his wife.  I think she’s lucky to have such a loving husband like him.  I think they’re both lucky to have each other.” She explained.
 
“We’re just joking with you Hae.  Hae’s a really great husband and I can’t imagine anyone else with my sister.  I’m just glad that they have each other.  They act like they just got married.  It’s sort of sweet.” Hyukjae said.
 
We were finally done with the recording and I checked what time it was.  It’s ten pm.  I wonder if Hyejin’s still practicing.  I decided to call her.
 
“Babe?”
 
“Jagiya! I just finished with the recording.  Are you still at the building?”
 
“De. Mr. Yang gave us a thirty minute break right now so we’re just relaxing.  Are you still coming?”
 
“Yeah.  Hyukjae and I are coming.  Did you guys eat yet?”
 
“De. We had dinner with the entire crew.  Did you eat yet?”
 
“Ani.  I’ll just go get something to eat with Hyukjae first and then head over.  Sound good babe?  Do you want anything?”
 
“Okay. It sounds good. Be safe! Umms, can you either get me a cupcake or corn? Either one is fine but if you get me both then I’ll love you forever!” I laughed at her response.
 
“You’re such a pig! I’ll surprise you!” I told her.  I can see her pouting right now.
 
“I’m not a pig! You’re always calling me a pig! Should I go roll in the mud now too?!” She’s too cute.
 
“Alright. I’m sorry. You're not just any pig babe.  You’re my pig though. I love you and I’ll see you in a bit. Bye.”
 
“Whatever you meanie head.”  I just laughed at her response.  Lee Hyejin, why are you so cute?