Chapter 13

Love is so Bad

 

Hyejin’s POV
 
I am currently seven months pregnant and my tummy is getting bigger as each day passes by.  Donghae and I decided to leave the gender of our baby a secret.  We wanted it to be a surprise.  I stopped all my promotion with 2ne1 because everyone wanted me to take care of myself and not stress myself out.  I guess I’m on vacation.  I still see everyone at YG though.  Donghae’s been busy touring around the world for his concert so I don’t see him as much.  We talk a lot on the phone and skype each other  a lot though.  It‘s not the same though.  But I understand though… it’s his job.  Nichkhun’s been taking care of me and making sure if I have everything I need.  I’m thankful for him.  I told Donghae about it and he’s not too happy.  He says he doesn’t like Nichkhun and that I should just ask Jiyongie or someone else from YG to take care of me.
 
I guess I should do what he asks of me since he cut ties with Sunye. Plus, Nichkhun is going to Japan for months to promote their single. I’ll call Youngbae oppa later.  I was sitting in my room watching TV.  Everyone is putting me on bed rest and forbids me to do anything.  I’m only seven months pregnant! I have another two months to go.  I heard my phone ringing and saw that it was Donghae’s mom calling.
 
“Umma?”
 
“Hyejin ah, are you busy?”
 
“Ani. Why?”
 
“I was wondering if you wanted to go to Mokpo and help me plan for father’s anniversary.  I know it’s early but I wanted to plan it months ahead.”
 
“De umma.  I’m free and when do you want me to go to Mokpo?”
 
“Can you come by tomorrow? And don’t tell Donghae. It’s a surprise.”
 
“De umma. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
 
What should I tell him? If I tell him I’m going somewhere with the guys, he’ll call them up to check up on me.  But if I told him I was going with Nichkhun then he won’t call or bother Nichkhun. I called Nichkhun to let him know my plan and he agreed not to tell Donghae anything. Sorry Donghae.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
We were finally done with our world tour which means I get to go home to my Hyejinnie!  I didn’t tell her that I’m coming home soon though because I wanted to surprise her.  The guys and I were in the airport waiting for our plane to depart.  I miss her.  It’s been a while since I’ve last seen her.  The first thing I want to do is pull her into a hug and give her a kiss.  I wonder what’s she doing.  I hope the baby isn’t giving her such a hard time.  I feel bad that I’m not able to be there for her when she needs me.  I’ll make it up to you, Hyejin ah.  There’s still two more months until the baby is due.  I can’t wait! I’m going to be a father soon.  We got the call to board our plane. Hyejin ah, here I come.
 
-Korea-
 
We finally arrived in Korea… the guys all wanted to go grab something to eat but I declined because I wanted to go home to my wife.  I miss her and I miss my baby.  I told my manager to speed up… I couldn’t take it anymore.  When I got home, there was no one home.  Where is she? Shouldn’t she be at home resting?  It’s raining outside yet she’s not home.  I decided to call her.
 
“Donghae?”
 
“Where are you? Why aren’t you home?”
 
“How’d you know that I’m not home? Are you back?!”
 
“Yes. Where are you? You know it’s raining outside and it’s dangerous to be outdoors right now right?”
 
“De. I’m actually with Nichkhun right now. I’m not going to be home.”
 
“Why are you with him? And why aren’t you coming home?” I felt my blood boiling.  Why is she even with him?! She knows how I feel about him yet she’s still hanging out with him.  She’s being a hypocrite.  I stopped talking to Sunye why can’t she stop talking to Nichkhun?!
 
“Umm, he said he knows a really good place with medicine that will get rid of my stretch mark. I’ll be back tomorrow.” 
 
“LEE HYEJIN… GET BACK HERE NOW. IF YOU WANT THAT MEDICINE THEN I’LL GO WITH YOU. DON’T GO WITH HIM. I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT I DON’T LIKE YOU GUYS HANGING OUT. COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!” I yelled at her.
 
“I’m sorry. I can’t do that. We’re already halfway there. Sorry Donghae.”
 
“Fine. Do whatever you want. I’ll start talking to Sunye again.” I threatened her.
 
“Why do you always do that? Nichkhun’s just a friend!”
 
“Well, Sunye’s just a friend too. Go hang out with your Nichkhun while I’ll go hang out with Sunye.”
 
“You’re-” was all I heard before I heard a crash and screaming.
 
“Hyejin ah?! Babe?! What happened?! Are you alright?!” No one answered.  What happened?  Lee Hyejin you better be okay.
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
I felt bad lying to Donghae.  I wasn’t really going to get stretch mark medicines.  I was on my way to Mokpo and I took the taxi since no one else could take me.  He was yelling at me and I could tell that he was really mad.  Once he brought up Sunye I was mad too.  So we ended up arguing… I was about to call him stupid but I felt a sudden impact… I knew we got into a car accident but I don’t know how serious.  I out.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
It’s been thirty minutes now and I’ve been trying to call Hyejin nonstop.  What’s going on and why isn’t anyone picking up.  Please God… let Hyejin be alright.  It’s all Nichkhun’s fault! Why’d he have to tell her about the stupid medicine!? I was panicking… why isn’t she picking up yet?  I felt my phone vibrating and saw Hyejin calling me back.
 
“HYEJIN?! ARE YOU OKAY?! WHAT HAPPENED?”
 
“Sir. Calm down. What’s your relationship with Lee Hyejin?” Who’s this?!
 
“She’s my wife. Who are you?”
 
“I’m a nurse at xxxxxx Hospital.  Your wife got into a big car accident. Please come down right now.” WHAT?! Why is she even near Mokpo?
 
“Alright. I’m coming.”  I hung up and called the boys to tell them the news.  We all headed towards the hospital.
 
-A few hours later-
 
We finally arrived at the hospital and I ran to the nurse to ask where Hyejin was.  She told me that Hyejin’s still inside and the doctors are doing their best to operate on her.  They have to be extra careful since she’s anemic.  God… please save Hyejin. Don’t let anything happen to her.  All of us were in the waiting room for about two hours until the doctors came out.
 
“Doctor. HOW’S MY WIFE?! IS SHE OKAY?! HOW’S OUR BABY?!”
 
“Your wife will be fine. I managed to save her. I’m sorry though.  Your baby didn’t make it.  I either had to save your wife or your baby. I’m really sorry.”  I felt my world crashing down when the doctor told me the news. I’m relieve that Hyejin’s okay but the baby’s gone.
 
“Hae, I’m sorry for your loss but on the bright side, Hyejin’s fine.  You guys can always make another baby.” Leeteuk hyung tried to comfort me.
 
I can’t believe our baby’s gone.  There was two months left until he or she would be born in this world.  But now that’s gone.  Why didn’t you listen to me Hyejin?!  Why’d you have to go out in the rain like that? Why’d you have to listen to Nichkhun?!  Is he more important to you than your own husband?! Are the stretch marks more important than the safety of your baby?!  I felt something change in me that night.  I felt anger towards Hyejin. Lee Hyejin… you should’ve listened to me.