Chapter 15

Love is so Bad

 

Hyejin’s POV
 
It’s been a week since I found out about Donghae not loving me anymore.  I decided to give him the cold shoulders too.  I decided not to care about him anymore until he tells me that he wants a divorce.  I don’t have the guts to do it so I’ll just wait for him to bring it up.  I don’t wait up for him anymore and I just go to bed without him now.  I don’t even cook dinner for us anymore.  He’s been the same too.  He still doesn’t talk to me and he still hangs out with Sunye at night time.  I guess they really are dating.
 
I haven’t been talking much to anyone else either.  I always find excuses to not hang out with the others.  The only time I see the others is when I have a schedule.  If I don’t have work, I just lock myself in my room and stay there until I have another schedule.  This has been my life for the past two months.  I don’t want to see anyone anymore.  The members, my brother, Ri Innie, Jessica, Seulgi unnie, Nichkhun, and everyone else all tried to contact me but I don’t even bother picking up.  I think by now they have a clue that nothing’s been the same anymore.  I’m an idiot for believing things will go back to the way they were.  This whole incident just opened my eyes to see how messed up this world is.  What’s the point of seeing good in things when you always end up being disappointed? 
 
Minji’s POV
 
Unnie has been acting weird for the past two months now.  I mean, who wouldn’t?  You just lost your baby.  She was okay for the first few weeks but lately, I’ve been seeing changes in unnie.  She’s much more quiet now and she gets mad easily.  She’s emotionless now.  She doesn’t talk to anyone anymore.  When we have our schedule, she’s just quiet.  She never wants to hang out with us anymore.  Her eyes no longer has that spark in it.  It’s now cold.  She’s no longer the warm unnie that we all know and love.  What’s going on with you unnie?  Kim unnie and I wanted to tell Hyukjae oppa about it but we decided against it. She hasn’t been picking up to any of our calls.  Should we call Donghae oppa? I think we should ask him if he knows what’s going on with unnie. I took out my phone and dialed his number.  I put it on speaker phone so Kim unnie could hear.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Donghae oppa?”
 
“De. What’d you need Minji ah?”
 
“I was wondering if you’re with Hyejin unnie.”
 
“Ani. I’m not.” I looked at the time and it was two in the morning. Why isn’t he home with unnie? Something’s fishy.
 
“I see. Do you know what’s wrong with Hyejin unnie?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I don’t know. Unnie barely talks anymore and she seems really sad.  She doesn’t want to hang out with us and just locks herself way from the world.”
 
“I don’t know. She’s still the same to me.” 
 
“Oppa I just finished showering.” I heard a female’s voice in the background.
 
“Minji ah, I have to go now. Bye.” he hung up on me.
 
Who was the female in the background? Why does she sound so familiar?  Why is he with another woman at this time?  What’s going on??? I looked over at Kim unnie and she didn’t look too happy.
 
“I knew it. I knew that they were having problems.  I was just waiting for Hyejin to tell us about it.  I knew it since the beginning. I can tell by the way Donghae acts in front of us that it’s all an act. That jackass. He’s the reason why Hyejin’s like this.” 
 
“So, Donghae oppa is the cause of this all? Why? I mean he really loved her!”
 
“I don’t know why but maybe it’s because of the accident.  I think he blamed Hyejin for the accident. I feel so bad for Hyejin ah.  She’s endured all this pain for the past two months.  Wait until I get my hands on Donghae.”
 
“Unnie, what do we do now? Should we tell Hyukjae oppa? We need to do something about this. Should we confront Donghae oppa?”
 
“I don’t think we should tell Hyukjae first.  For now, let’s go comfort Hyejin and we’ll figure something out.” 
 
I nodded my head and we went to Hyejin’s place.  We punched in the code and the door opened.  We were surprised at what we saw.  The place was a mess and there was an airbed in the living room.  I’m guessing Donghae oppa sleeps here.  We looked at each other.  This wasn’t good.  We walked towards unnie’s room and knocked on it.  There was no answer so we decided to go in.  The room was a mess too and we saw unnie lying on the bed lifelessly.  She was all pale and her hair was a mess.
 
“Unnie?” I called out to her.  She didn’t move but her eyes opened.
 
“What do you want?” She asked me coldly.  It caught me off surprise to see how cold she turned out to be.
 
“Are you okay?” I asked her.
 
“Yes I’m fine. Can you guys leave? I’m tired. Next time you guys want to come over tell me ahead of time. I’m changing the code next time.” I wanted to cry because this isn’t the unnie that I know.  Where is she now?
 
“Hyejin ah, just talk to us. We’re here for you. Don’t go through this alone.  We know that you’re hurting. Please talk to us Hyejin ah.  Don’t cut us out of your life.” Kim told her.
 
“I already told you guys that I’m fine.  I don’t need to tell you guys anything. Just leave. You’re pissing me off.”
 
“Unnie, Please-” I was about to tell her but she cut me off.
 
“DIDN’T I SAY LEAVE. JUST GO. I DON’T NEED YOU GUYS. I DON’T NEED ANYONE. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. IF YOU GUYS WANT TO HELP THEN LEAVE ME ALONE. GOD WHAT PART OF LEAVE ME ALONE DON’T YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND?!” I was surprised by her sudden outburst.  We just stood there and looked at her. We didn’t say anything and we didn’t leave. “ARE YOU GUYS DEAF OR SOMETHING? WHY AREN’T YOU LEAVING?! FINE IF YOU DON’T LEAVE, I’LL LEAVE.” she told us.
 
“Ani. We’ll leave. Just take care of yourself unnie. And please remember that we care for you.” that was the last thing I told her before leaving.
Kim unnie and I got back to our dorm and we started crying.  We’ve never seen Hyejin unnie like this and it was a scary sight.  She’s cutting all of out of her life.  Hyejin unnie, please talk to us.  Let us know everything.