Chapter 25

Love is so Bad

Donghae’s POV

 
It’s been two weeks since my proposal to Hyejin.  We finally moved in together to our new home.  Hyejin is in love with our new house… she never wants to leave it.  YG Entertainment offered me a job as a choreographer and of course I said yes.  I love SM Entertainment but something about YG Entertainment makes me feel at home.  I told Hyejin the news and she was happy. She teased me that she always knew I was jealous of YG Entertainment and that they were the best.
 
I was in the studio with a few other people coming up with dance moves for YG’s newest girl group.  We were so into it that we didn’t hear a knock on the door.  Mr. Yang entered the room.
 
 
“Donghae ah, can I talk to you?”
 
“De sir.”
 
“Don’t call me sir. It makes me feel old. Just call me hyung.” He smiled at me.
 
“De hyung.” Over the past few years that I’ve known him, he was always a great person.  He treated his artist very well and spoiled them to death.  He took care of them and was there for them when they needed him the most.
 
“Let’s go to my office first.  What I want to talk to you about is confidential.” I just nodded my head and followed him to his office.  I wonder what he needed to talk to me about.  Am I getting fired? Please don’t fire me sir. I love my job so far. “Have a seat Donghae.”
 
“De. What’d you want to talk to me about hyung?”
 
“So you know how we’re having our 20th anniversary YG Family concert in a few months right?” I nodded my head.  Where is he going with this? “Do you think you can convince Hyejin to perform with 2ne1 again? If I ask her, she’ll just say no. Please Donghae. I think it’ll be a great surprise for all the fans.”
 
“De hyung. I’ll try.”
 
“Thanks Donghae. I hope you work your charms and get her to say yes.” He teased me.
 
“De hyung.” I laughed at what he said.
 
“You should go home now.  Don’t stay here too late. Hyejin’s probably waiting for you. One more thing, please don’t hurt each other anymore.  I’m glad that you guys are back together. Please continue on loving each other. Hyejin’s like a daughter to me so please take care of her.”
 
“De hyung. I promise I won’t mess this up anymore. I promise to love her and take care of her.” I told him.
 
“That’s all we’re asking for.” He smiled at me.
 
“We’re?”
 
“De. Teddy, Tablo, Jiyongie, Youngbae, and everyone else in this company.  They all love Hyejin like she’s their own sister.  They were all hurt when they found out what happened.  They were all ready to go to you and beat you up but Hyejin had to tell them not to.  Did you know that Jiyongie was ready to go to JYP and yell at Sunye.  You made it clear to Sunye right?”
 
“Ani. Not yet. She’s been busy with her schedule so I didn’t tell her.  But I will.  Hyung, believe me… I don’t love Sunye.  I already said this to Hyejin but I don’t think I can ever love anyone else.  If that person’s not Hyejin, then I can’t love her.  It has to be Hyejin if not I don’t think I’ll ever love.”  
 
“That’s good then. Please just take care of each other.  No more hurting each other, arasso?”
 
“De hyung. I’m off now.  I’ll see you later.”  
 
Hyejin's POV
 
I was home early from work today because I didn't feel too well.  I was lying on my bed trying to sleep it off.  I heard my phone ringing and saw an unknown number... should i pick it up?
 
"Hello?" I answered.
 
"Is this Lee Hyejin?" I heard a female voice asking. 
 
"De. May I ask who this is?" I asked.
 
"It's Sunye. I was wondering if you're free. I need to talk to you about something." What did she need to talk to me about?
 
"Sure. Where do you want me to meet you?"
 
"Just meet me at the coffee shop near the JYP building. I'll see you there. Bye."
 
What's going on?  I got up from my bed and changed and headed towards the coffee shop.  I saw her sitting down on one of the tables and walked over to her.
 
"You're here." she told me.
 
"What'd you want to talk to me about?" I asked her.
 
"Is it true that you're back with Donghae oppa?" 
 
"Yes I'm back with him." I told her.
 
"That can't be! Oppa said he didn't love you anymore! Oppa was going to be mine! Why'd you have to get in the picture again?!" She shouted at me. "It's all your fault that oppa doesn't love me! Why did he even have to meet you!"
 
"Well we're back together whether you like it or not. Just leave him alone from now on." I told her.
 
"I don't believe you. I need it to hear from him. You're probably just lying. I know you're just doing this to get back at me. Oppa told me that would never go back with you."
 
"Well believe what you want. I don't care. Just stay away from me from now on." I told her and left the coffee shop.
 
Why is she so stupid? She should get it in her head that Donghae and I are back together.  
 
Donghae's POV
 
I don’t know why but I was in a really good mood after hyung talked to me about Hyejin.  I looked at my watch and saw that it was 9pm.  Hyejin should be almost finished with work since she’ not closing today.  I went in my car and drove to her work place.  I got there and I didn’t see her.
 
“Oh. Donghae-ssi. Are you here for Hyejin?” one of her coworkers asked me.
 
“De. Where is she?”
 
“She left a while ago.  She wasn’t feeling well so boss let her go home early.”
 
“Thank you.” I hurried home when I found out that she wasn’t feeling well.  I finally arrived home and ran inside our house. “Babe? Where are you?”
 
“I’m in the room!” I heard her yelling. I ran inside our bedroom and found her sitting on our bed.
 
“I heard you were sick. Are you okay? Should we go to the doctors? Where are you hurting? Did you eat yet? Did you drink your meds?” I heard her giggling. “Why are you giggling Mrs. Lee?”
 
“It’s cute to see you getting worried like this. It makes me feel special.” I pulled her into a hug.
 
“I’d do anything for Hyejin ah. Remember that.” She broke the hug and looked at me.
 
“I have something to tell you.”
 
“What?”
 
“I’m two weeks pregnant.  I threw up today at work so I decided to go to the doctors to make sure and they confirmed that I’m two weeks pregnant. We’re going to be parents.” She smiled at me.
 
“REALLY?!” I pulled her into a tight hug.  “Thank you Hyejin ah. I promise this time around that I’ll take care of you. If you need anything, just tell me and I’ll get it for you. I won’t be apart from you anymore.  We’re going to get through this together!” I felt her hugging me back.
 
“De. If I crave anything you’ll get it for me right? No matter how late it is.”
 
“De. Just name it and I’ll get it.”
 
"De. Oh yeah. Sunye-ssi called me today and wanted to meet up witth me. She said she needed to talk to me about something." She told me which caused me to break the hug.
 
"What did she want?" I asked her.
 
"She wanted to confirm if we were back together or not. I told her we were but she didn't believe me and got mad.  She told told me that you told her that you would never get back with me because you don't love me anymore." She pouted at me.
 
"She's lying. I never said that. Believe me." I told her.
 
"I know. I told her to accept it but she won't.  She says she needs to hear it from you first." 
 
"I'll tell her then. I'll make sure nothing harms you or the baby. Just don't leave me anymore because I can't live without you or the baby. Just stay by my side and I'll protect you guys from now on." I pulled her into another hug.
 
“I love you Donghae. Why are you so perfect?”
 
“I love you too Hyejin. You’re the perfect one.”
 
“Pffft. You’re lame. Let’s go to bed now. I’m tired.”
 
“Alright. Let me get ready first.” She nodded her head at me and was yawning.  I went inside the bathroom to wash up and put on my pjs.  I went outside and saw her already sleeping.  She must be really tired.  I crawled into bed and pulled her into my arms.  I was so happy that night.  I went to bed with a smile on my face.
 
-Three Hours Later
 
“Donghae. Wake up. Hurry!” I heard someone calling me. I opened my eyes and saw Hyejin pulling on my arm.
 
“What is it babe?”
 
“I want some cookies with ice cream! Can you go get me some?” She pouted. I looked at the clock and it was 2 in the morning. “Please….. I really want some.”
 
“Fine. I’ll be back. Hold up okay?” I put on a jacket and headed towards the convenience store.  I picked up a pack of oatmeal raisin cookies with a tub of vanilla ice cream and headed towards the counter.
 
“You have such a sweet tooth young man.” The worker told me.
 
“Ani. It’s for my wife. She’s pregnant and she felt like eating this.” I smiled at him.
 
“Congrats.  How far is she?”
 
“Thank you. She’s only two weeks pregnant.”
 
“Good luck my son.  I know it’ll hard for the next few months but once the baby’s here it’ll be worth it.  Hang on.” He smiled at me. “It’s on the house. Go home and give it to your wife.”
 
“Thank you.” I bowed my head at him and went home quickly.  I entered our bedroom and saw that she was asleep.  Should I wake her up? “Babe. I have your ice cream.”
 
“I’m too tired to eat. I’ll eat it later.” 
 
“Arasso. I’m going to bed now too okay?”
 
“Cuddle with me.” I just laughed at her.  She’s having a baby yet she’s acting like a baby.
 
“Anything for my queen.” I kissed her forehead and fell asleep.