Chapter 1

Love is so Bad

 

Hyejin’s POV
 
It was three in the morning and the members and I are still in the YG building.  We’ve been practicing really hard for the past month because we’re having our comeback next week.  We’re releasing our second mini album and we were going to have Ugly as our comeback song.  It’s been a long month but I hope it’ll pay off next week.
 
“Okay guys.  That’s it for today.  Great job!” Mr. Yang told us.  My voice was so sore from singing the song over and over again.  We’ve been at it since 10 pm and I just wanted to go home to my lovely husband!  I wonder if he’s home yet… he’s making a comeback in two weeks!  I’m excited for them because it’s been too long since they’ve made a comeback.
 
“Unnie, do you want to go eat with us?” Minji asked me.
 
“Ani, I’m tired.  I just want to go home.” I told her.
 
“More like you want to go home to your husband.” Kim teased me. 
 
“Whatevers. I do want to go home to my husband. Got a problem?” I stuck my tongue out at them.  
 
The girls dropped me off at the dorm before they went out to eat.  I opened the door and the place was pitch black.  
 
“Donghae?” I called out.  I heard no answer.  Maybe he’s not home yet.  I the lights and there was no one in the living room or kitchen.  Weird.  This whole month he would usually wait for me either in the kitchen or the living room.  I walked into our bedroom to see if he’s in there.  The room was pitch black and it seems like no one’s home.  I sighed.  Where is he?  I the lights and I was literally surprised at what I saw.  In the middle of our bed was the shape of a heart made of roses and in the middle of the heart was a jewelry box.  What’s this?  What’s the occasion?  
 
“Do you like the surprise?” I smiled when I heard Donghae’s voice.  I turned around and saw him leaning on the bathroom’s door.  He had a really big smile on his face.
 
“De. What’s the occasion? Am I missing something?” I asked him.  He just chuckled and walked over to me and pulled me in his arms.
 
“I can’t just plan something special for my wife because I felt like it?” he pouted at me.
 
“Ani. I was just wondering. Can I open the box?” I asked him while eyeing the jewelry box.
 
“No you can’t.  The box is for me!” He joked.  I just smacked his arm and all he did was laugh. “Of course you can! It’s for you babe.”  
 
We walked over to our bed and sat on it.  He reached for the box and handed it to me.  I opened the box and saw a dog tag with diamonds border all over it.  On the dog tag it read “Choco.”  I looked up at him all confused.  It’s not that I was expecting jewelry but why is he giving me a dog tag.
 
“Choco? What’s the meaning of this?” I got no response from him.  All he did was laugh at me.  Why is he laughing at me so much?!  He got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom.  “Yah. Where are you going?! You can’t just leave me hanging here!” I pouted.  
 
He didn’t say anything.  Jerk.  He came out with both his hands behind his back.  
 
“Why are your hands behind your back, Donghae?” I asked him innocently while pointed to where his hands were.  He just smiled at me and showed me what was behind his hands.  It was a really cute white teacup maltese. It had a big red bow on it and it had a card that says, “I’m your new baby umma!”
 
“You were always complaining how Bada is always lonely and how you felt bad for her.  And I know how much you love dogs and how you always wanted one on your own but you didn’t have the time to go buy one.  So I decided to get you one as a gift for your comeback next week.  I know you’ve been working really hard this whole month and I thought this would be a great gift for you.  Do you like it?” he asked me while having a huge grin on his face.  I was shocked.  Why is my husband so sweet?!
 
“Ani.” I said and the grin on his face disappeared. “I love it! Thank you so much baby! Choco’s so cute!!! Thank you!! I love you so much. You’re so sweet!” I hugged him tightly.  He chuckled at my reaction.
 
“I’m glad you love my surprise.  Once I saw Choco, I knew he was the one for you.  Choco and Bada are already great friends so you don’t have to worry if they get along or not.” He hugged me back.
 
We broke the hug and just looked at each other.  He was leaning in to give me a kiss but we heard Choco barking.  We both looked over at Choco and saw him smiling at us while wagging his tail.
 
“Hello Choco. I’m your new umma. You’re such a cutie pie!! I’m glad your appa chose you as my baby.” I walked over to her and picked him up.  He my face and I just laughed cause it tickles.
 
Donghae and I played with him and Bada for thirty minutes until we both saw the time.  It was five in the morning already and we both needed to get some rest since we both have a schedule in the afternoon.  I went to go brush my teeth and wash my face while Donghae was ready for bed already.  I got on our bed and cuddled with each other.  I love being in his arms because it always made me feel safe.
 
“I love you Donghae.  Thank you for the gift.”
 
“I love you so much Lee Hyejin.”
 
We’ve been married for a year now but everything is still the same between us.  We still love each other as much as we did back then.  I’m glad that he’s my husband and I can’t ask for anyone better than him.  Lee Donghae, you’re the best.  I love you.