Just One Day

Knight in Shining Armor

(Luhan POV)

"Should we break up?"

I grit my teeth, waiting for an answer. Although it was freezing in the cold apartment, I was sweating bullets. Minseok was silent. I'll take that as a yes.

I stood.

"I guess I should go...," I sighed, picking up the muffler. Disappointment ran a wave over my spine, I didn't want things to just end here, but it would probably be for the best, after all, who would want a jerk like me?

Minseok had her head down, fists clenched.

"I won't meet you aga-," I muttered, shuffling towards the door.

Then it came.

SLAP

I hadn't even noticed Minseok jump off of the couch to the front hallway. The next thing I knew I was on the floor against the wall, my cheek stinging. 

Minseok was standing over me. Her eyes were spilling with angry tears, biting her lip, hand still hanging in midair. 

Bringing my hand to my cheek, I felt numb.

"How could you do this to me!?" Minseok whispered.

What?

"WAS I JUST A JOKE TO YOU AFTER ALL?" She yelled this time, it was the loudest I've ever heard her speak. 

No, it's not that...

"THEN WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT YOU LOVING ME? WHY WOULD YOU EVEN.. return to me, after all that...," As if reading my mind Minseok's fierce screams turned quiet, her eyes turning sad. She whimpered and backed away.

Minseok scurried to her feet, running to her bedroom. 

Do I go after her?

My body wouldn't move, I felt sluggish. I buried my face into my hands, because once again, I screwed up. 

What kind of boyfriend am I if I can't even keep my girlfriend happy? Not even happy. What am I as a person that I can't keep my precious people from crying and yelling.

I'm sorry Minseok. I'm sorry Sehun. I'm sorry team. I'm sorry friends. I'm sorry. 

I turned my body in the direction of the door. Then stopped, what am I doing right now? Why did I bother coming here in the first place? To break everything again? All for the satisfaction of my family?

No.

Mom, I'm sorry. Dad, I'm sorry.

I can't do this.

I scrambled to my feet, opening hallway doors like no tomorrow, the last one at the end of the hall was the only one left.

I toed to the closed door, Minseok's soft crying was a knife to my heart. I chose not to talk, as all my words seemed to betray me these days. 

I knelt before her bed, where she buried herself in the blankets, small sniffling sounding underneath. 

"Why are you here?" Minseok noticed my presence, she pulled back the covers slightly. 

For you.

"You just broke up with me, just leave me alone, for once," Minseok covered herself once more. 

I can't.

"Can't you just say something at least?" Minseok whispered, "or am I this funny to you, that you have to watch me cry."

"No," I croaked.

She didn't hear me.

"No," I muttered a little louder.

"No," I threw open the blanket covers, revealing Minseok, curled up, who looked up to me, tears streaming down her pretty face. She looked so alone, so scared, so delicate. Minseok sat up, clearly confused for what I did.

"NO," My arms flew around her body, she went still. 


(Minseok POV)

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no...," Luhan kept repeating as he buried his head into my shoulder. Why was he doing this? 

First he says there's another girl. Then he says he likes me. He says I'm everything. Then he tries to keep me around using money. He loves me. Then he breaks up with me. Now he is hugging me?

"Luhan, what's going on?" I couldn't stop my tears from falling. 

He was quiet. again.

"Can't you just tell me? I'll understand, I'm begging you," his silence was like torture to me. 

"I-I," Luhan mumbled something.

"What?" I tried to pull him apart from me.

Instead he embraced me tighter, I couldn't breathe.

"Don't leave me alone," Luhan whispered into my ear. Then I noticed. He was just a boy. A child at heart. He needed someone by his side. If I left him alone who would he have? No girlfriend, fiancee, family, friends, nobody.

"Why, why are you so afraid to admit your weaknesses?" I needed to know, nobody can deal with their biggest fears alone, "It's okay to tell me when you are mad, scared, afraid, lonely. That's what I'm for, you know? You can't expect to give me everything, and nothing in return."

"You deserve better," I felt his own tears wet my shoulder.

"I love you, only you, there's nobody out there better than you for me. I love you so much it hurts," I assured him, running my hand up and down his broad back.

"W-what?" Luhan pulled away, disbelief in his eyes, his long lashed pricked with tears.

"I love you so much, I don't know what to do...," I had to look down, somewhat embarrassed by my sudden confession. I could feel the warmth running up to my cheeks and neck. My body turned into a heater in this cold room. 


 (Luhan POV)

She knelt there on the bed, sitting on her knees, with her head down. Although she tried to hide her face, there was an evident blush covering her. Her eyes fluttered, blinking rapidly from her nervous state.

"Minseok ah...," I was astonished.

"What now...?" If steam could come out oh people's heads, hers would've been a piping kettle.

Her red lips so tempting. Biting her lower lip as she started fumbling with her thumbs. 

My hands somehow found their way to her, one on her cheek, and one to still her busy hands.

They were cold to the touch, but I didn't mind, I had a bigger plan on task. 

I caught her lips between mine, softly, she seemed shocked at first, but slowly gave it.

My mouth devoured her own, caught in a heated passion. Our emotions poured out in our kiss, her free had making its way up to the base of my head.

I let go to cradle her back and set her down so that I laid over her. 

We continued kissing, my hand slowly reaching up from her waist to somewhere else. Then I realized. We are alone. Kissing. On her bed. She's laying there. With me on top.

I shouldn't. Not yet. It's a possible place, but not now.

I pulled away softly. I admired the way she flushed, regaining her breath, hair flowing around her face.

My lips tugged in the corners, a wave of satisfaction crashing over me. I quickly swooped her up before she knew what was happening and switched us around.

Minseok was in my arms, head buried in my chest, laying on top of me this time. I her hair, not wanting this moment to end.


(No POV)

Minseok fiddled with the collar of Luhan's dress shirt while Luhan played with the strands of her long hair.

"I can't believe you wore this here," Minseok giggled, remembering what he was wearing. He came running in his school uniform, jersey slung over it.

"It even snowed huh?" Luhan chucked, causing the two to vibrate from the movement. They went silent for a second, taking in the events that had just happened.

So much at once. Now it was quiet. Soft whistling of the wind outside and falling of the snow sounded within the dark room. 

"I wonder what life would be like if everyone was happy," Luhan wondered, "I wish I could stay here forever."

"I do too, but won't it?" Minseok looked up at Luhan, still waiting for an explanation. 

"What we have right now, I had help from my now, ex fiancee, to come and see you this Christmas," Luhan pointed out, "the thing is, our marriage not happening... well... my parents don't exactly know about it yet."

"So we only have today and tomorrow?" Minseok gasped.

"For now. I'm going to try and convince them, it'll be harder to do for my father though. I still need to explain to the others, especially Sehun, Kris, Suho, and the rest of your friends... I don't want them to beat me up," Luhan muttered the last part to himself.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" She questioned.

"No, not yet at least. I'll talk to them first, I want to give them a good first impression. And to you as well. Just... be by my side," Luhan squeezed her tighter.

"Of course," Minseok combed her fingers through his silky hair, comforting him. 

The two laid there, falling asleep from the comfort they gave each other.


(Luhan POV)

I breathed in, awakening. My nose was numb, open to the cold weather. I d around, pulling the blankets over my head. Peeling open my eyes I managed to see the time, 11:00 AM. It was then that I had noticed the blanket covers. 

They were blue? Not white? Then I remembered this wasn't my room. 

I immediately stood upright, noticing the empty space beside me. Flicking the bed covers off my head flipped. Still groggy from sleep I couldn't gain my sensed. I tripped over something, the edge of the bed. 

Minseok wouldn't leave her own place to get away from me right? Did she leave after that?

I flew past the hallway and the living room was empty.

I guess I'm a hypocrite. After all, I did leave, how many times. 

"Luhan?" A clear voice called from another room. 

My own head flicked around to the source.

"Luhan? What's going on?" Minseok emerged from a door I hadn't noticed earlier.

"Minseok! I thought.. I thought... you left me....," I fell to my knees. Staying there, recovering from the shock of what I just thought happened. 

"Oh! No! Luhan...," she stepped forward slowly, then extending her arms. It was childish but I leaned into her for comfort. My head against her stomach as I hugger her legs and lower back. She fluffed my hair, rubbing my back. I think she muttered words of assurance and shushed me as I babbled about her leaving. 

"Why weren't you there?" I tugged her closer, tighter.

"I was making coffee, at the kitchen, I woke up earlier," Minseok whispered.

"What, when?" I stood her my full height.

"I was up earlier, around nine," Minseok looked down, at our now intertwined hands. 

"I'm sorry, I just thought... and... I was overwhelmed," I bend down to kiss her cheek slowly.

"It's not your fault, it's a sensitive time," Minseok tip toed to peck my lips, "let's go have some coffee?"

"Yeah, okay," I followed her lead, as she had me by the hand, showing me to the kitchen.

"Sit here, wait a second," she sat me down and scurried out of the room. 

I sat there, waiting for just a second when she returned.

"Wear this," in her hands was a large hoodie, and only then I noticed how cold I felt. I shrugged on the hoodie, noticing it was an old one, probably one I gave her a few months ago. 

"Thanks," I said, accepting the hoodie and coffee.

We silently drank, side by side, me attached to her hip. I was comforted by the silence, a time of peace by her side. One I hadn't felt in what felt like years.

.

.

.

"So what now?" Minseok smiled.


Note: So Lu is finally making progress!

Comments?

Tell me if you'd like a few extra stories including side pairings!

+

HIATUS:

I'll be leaving on a week or two hiatus to help a friend out with her stress and stuff so don't expect the next update to be any day this week.