Priorities

Knight in Shining Armor

(No POV)

It was a slow day, everyone seemed to be busy, not that Minseok minded. It had just been a while since she got back to having time alone. Ever since what happened a year ago, she was surrounded by her close friends, her boyfriend, and his soccer team. 

The sun slowly started to set when Minseok started getting really bored. She was taking care of errands she didn't have much time to take care of before. Paying rent, cleaning things further than they already were, getting rid of some old things, the norm. Throwing on a large, loose sweater, borrowed from Luhan, she stepped outside. 

The cold wind nipped at her nose, the sky was cloudy and dark, making Minseok feel a bit sentimental. Around this time of the year, she always felt sad, but content. 

Step by step she hadn't even realized that she had somehow wandered to the park. That park with her bullies. She didn't feel any resentment towards it, despite all the foul memories that had happened to her before. They had strengthened certain bonds after all. 

The soft rustling of branches from the cool breeze emitted a dull clacking sound. The nights were slowly getting colder, as winter was approaching. Minseok carried on. She stared down at her fingers, which fidgeted and rubbed together in an attempt to warm them. Usually she would have Luhan there to hold her hand, or put their hands into his pocket. It was selfish of her to think that way, when he had a legitimate reason to be gone.

If anything Minseok thought that she should've given more to Luhan. At least, before he went to see his parents. She knew it wasn't a very happy subject of his. Luhan never actually talked about it much, only mentioning them once in a while. 

With her head in the clouds, she suddenly focused her eyes on the warm light before her, a familiar smell leering her closer. It was the coffee shop. Of course. It was the usual day and time she'd go there to practice. 

She missed going there to practice being a barista, she missed real coffee, she missed the smell of the coffee beans, she missed Suho. She missed it all. Of course she wouldn't trade in her current life with her past one, but some things she couldn't let go.

As if on cue, someone walked out, the small bell chiming, signaling the door opening. Minseok couldn't believe her eyes.

"Su..ho?" Minseok whispered quietly, scared for the answer.

"hm?" the figure turned to get a better look at the person calling her. "Minseok!" Suho ran forwards to her, abruptly stopping when she was in a closer range. 

"When did you come back?" Did she come back recently? A while ago? Hadn't bothered to tell her? Was done with her? Was she returning to gather her things and leave forever? Minseok had so many questions, but settled on the single one for now. 

"About two days ago," Suho smiled, her eyes still had that nice, motherly gleam to them, "I was hoping to surprise you at the cafe, but it seems that you don't visit anymore?" 

"Yeah, I mean, I still love coffee, but I can't.. I didn't..." she left off. If she continued she'd be blurting out all her thoughts about Suho leaving. 

"Hey Minseok."

"Yeah?" Her voice cracked, choking up slightly. 

"I'm sorry I left so suddenly, especially when you weren't well, I could tell you my excuse, but I won't, forgive me?" Suho dipped her head down, looking up apologetically at Minseok. She hadn't originally planned to ask for forgiveness, after all what she did, wasn't the best thing to do, but seeing Minseok now, things changed while she was gone. She was more open, with her words and actions. She was happy. 

Suho didn't want to ask Minseok about what happened through the times she was gone, what made her break, what made her stronger.

"It.... It's okay," Minseok felt her eyes water. 

"How are things? Did they turn out okay?" Suho gently questioned.

"Yeah, they did, but..." Minseok bit her lip," It was hard without you."

"I'm proud of you," Opening her arms, beckoning the smaller for a hug, Suho felt her heart warm. When Minseok slowly gave into her hug, Suho felt her chest ache. How could she have left her? Even if her school gave her a scholarship, it was too sudden, and her friend was it trouble. She deserved more. 

"Suho, I know what you are thinking," Minseok pulled away slightly. She froze. "It isn't your fault, what you did gave me an opportunity to open up to more people, you'll always be one of my best friends, so don't ever think that you disappointed me." 

"Thank you," Suho wiped a stray tear from her cheek. 

"No, thank you."

"Will you be here tomorrow?" 

"Same time as always?"

"Same as always."


Luhan entered the classroom door, looking drained. His eyes were lifeless and red, dark circles shadowed under his lashes. His complexion was pale, and overall looked like he hadn't slept in days.

"Luhan, are you okay?" Minseok ran up to her boyfriend. She was the first in class, so they were alone at the moment. 

"I'm fine, just didn't get much sleep," he laughed weakly. His eyes were still empty, not smiling along with his lips. 

"Are you sure?" Worriedly, she leaned forward, making sure to look him in the eye, so he wouldn't lie.

"I-" Luhan begun but averted his eyes as students slowly filed in.

"What was that?" Minseok whispered in his ear.

"Nothing, i-it was nothing..." Luhan suddenly found his shoes the most interesting thing in the world.

"If you say so, but if there really is something, don't be afraid to tell me," Minseok tugged his arm, as a sign of understanding. Luhan simply nodded, Minseok of course wanted to know, but she wouldn't push him if he didn't want to share. It was his business after all. 

"So how was the weekend?" Luhan suddenly turned cheery. She knew it was different. The usual happy glint in his eyes was gone this time, a forced smile plastered on his face. 

"You won't guess what happened!" Minseok felt her cheeks rise, and couldn't help but smile. Seeing Minseok so hyper and happy, brought Luhan to forget about his worries slightly, eyes gaining more and more life by the second. 

"What's that?" Luhan grinned.

"Suho's back! We met Saturday and spent Sunday catching up over coffee!" Minseok beamed, seeming to glow. Luhan watched her, talking about her stories about Suho and responded with small comments like, 

"Really now?" "And then?" "What else?" "That's great!"

She didn't need to hear about his weekend. Not yet. When she was this happy, how could he crush that. The job of a boyfriend is to make your girlfriend happy, after all. Her face shined, her cheekbones prominent, it was too adorable, there was no way Luhan could just make that disappear. At least on purpose.


Luhan returned to class, and tuned out to the lecture, after feeling a bit refreshed from meeting with Minseok, he immediately returned to his original dead state. 

(Flashback)

A sleek black car slowed to a stop. Luhan emerged, a small backpack over one shoulder. Taking a deep sigh, he headed past the gates, into the large house, waiting for him. 

He entered thought the large oak doors, his steps echoing through the large hallway entrance. His mother emerged from another large room.

"Luhan."

"Hi Mom," Luhan gave a small smile.

"What are you wearing?" Her eyes bulged scanning her son's attire. I snapback, baggy shirt, soccer shorts, sneakers, and his dyed hair. 

"Mom, you know I prefer this style," he sighed softly.

"I might, but this isn't your father's style, go change, your old clothes are in the guest room. I'll see what I can do about your hair."

Luhan proceeded to quietly walk up the familiar steps. He barely visited, as he now lives alone, but he still grew up here.

In the room, an outfit was laid out on the bed, like his mother expected this to have happened. He changed swiftly, hiding his bag and clothes, in case someone were to throw it out. 

When he headed downstairs his mother ran over with a bottle of styling gel. 

"Hurry, brush your hair to the side with this, it'll have to do for now, your father is home," she whispered, a slight urgency in her voice as she pushed Luhan back upstairs.

He quickly did as ordered and flew down the staircase, abruptly slowing down as he came to the last few steps. He entered the living space, to meet his father waiting, lounging on the single seated sofa. Luhan bowed formally, greeting his father.

It wasn't like he was afraid of him, it was more like the feeling of meeting your boss. His father was far more masculine than he was, although he'd never admit it aloud, didn't give in to anything, and wasn't close with Luhan, even when he was a child. 

"Good afternoon father," Luhan gave a small smile, hoping his dad was in a good mood. Unfortunately he was wrong. 

"Luhan, you are in your last year of high school," he monotonously said," It's time you start training to take over my company."

"Yes...." 

"Do you know what that means?" His mother filed into the room, taking a seat besides his father.

"What's that?" Luhan furrowed his brows questioningly. He always knew that he'd eventually would have to take over his father's company, but at what price? Moving overseas? Dropping out of school early? Changing his looks? 

"Well you know, every CEO needs something," Luhan's mother smiled, and he felt a bit happier. What would it be? It could be something good. A car maybe? A better credit card? 

"A wife," Luhan's father stated, eyes serious. His mother's eyes looks apologetic, but also driven. "I must leave now, tell him the details."

With that, he stepped out of the room, an haunting silence echoing throughout the large living room. His mother made sure he was gone before explaining to Luhan.

"I know, I've been thinking, it's too early to start finding a fiancee for you, and you should find your own love, but Luhan, you haven't dated anyone throughout all your life. I'm honestly a bit worried, and it's important that you have a nice wife for a future heir once you really take over the business. I know you are a free soul, but you know, you are our only son, it's right that you do what is told of you."

"But-" Luhan's eyes were still in shock over what just happened.

"No buts, be ready next week for your blind date, the girl seems very nice, cheery, and overall a good candidate for a wife. She even knows how to cook and clean," Luhan's mother shooed him to the guest room. "Tomorrow we practice your etiquette, it's been too long."

"Yes... mother."

(End of Flashback)


Note: Lulu's life seems very... kdrama >.>

Well from, last update's poll, you all voted for slower updates and longer chapters!

So the word count will remain at the same range, instead of being shorted. 

Let me know of what you all thing of this chapter!