Inner Shell

Knight in Shining Armor

(No POV)

-Minseok's Schedule-

Tuesday: Manner/Speech training w/ Sehun and Chen

Wednesday: Questioning w/ Kris and Chanyeol - Wife Checklist w/ Suho - School Scores w/ Kyungsoo

Friday: Dancing Lessons w/ Kai and Yixing - Outfit Coordination w/ Tao 

Saturday: Dinner Meeting w/ Lu Family


-Luhan's Schedule-

Tuesday: Background Study w/ Baekhyun

Wednesday: Questioning w/ Kris and Chanyeol - Wife Checklist w/ Suho - School Scores w/ Kyungsoo 

Friday: Dancing Lessons w/ Kai and Yixing - Outfit Coordination w/ Tao 

Saturday: Dinner Meeting w/ Lu Family


TUESDAY

Luhan was on his way to Baekhyun's house with Minseok by his side. Sehun, Chen, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol were there waiting for the two to arrive.

"Do you know anything about your parent's business before they left?" Luhan wondered if they didn't need to do much research in the first place.

"Not really, I only know that they are working overseas, they send me just enough allowance for necessities and some extra to treat myself," Minseok thought about how she got a sum of money in her bank account every six months.

"Do you talk to them at all? Or ever wondered what their business was?" Luhan was stunned. 

"Not much, they don't send much messages, they're going to return soon now anyway... they left when I was in middle school, they plan to return when I'm a year into college," Minseok appreciated it though. The reason why they had left was to expand their business, but they didn't want Minseok to run all over place when she was still in school so they left her in Seoul. "I do wonder, but I always didn't bother."

"I'm curious, if they are large enough to travel that often, it must be a good business," Luhan mused, happy that everything was looking up.

"Does it really matter who my parents are and what they do?" Minseok pouted, latching onto Luhan's arm, dreading all that she was prepared to do. 

"Not to me, no, but to my parents, they will ask and judge a lot based on that," Luhan informed, not wanting to get into so much either.

"Then let's hope that my parents are well known..." Minseok sighed as they reached Baekhyun's house.


"Minseok, you're here!" Baekhyun made a move to hug Minseok, clearly still ignoring Luhan, but he ignored it... for now. 

"C'mon, Chen and Sehun are waiting over here," Chanyeol pulled Minseok over to another room, leaving Baekhyun and Luhan. And awkward vibe surrounded the room.

"Baekhyun."

"Luhan."

"I get that you still are mad with me, but I'd like to get things done now, for Minseok, please," Luhan pleaded internally that she wouldn't get mad.

"Fine, come here Han," Baekhyun thankfully played nice and pulled up her hair into a ponytail, adopting a more mature demeanor, "what are their names?" 

"Kim Misun and Kim JoonHyun," Luhan remembered asking her earlier.

"They expanded their business in the fall of Minseok's second year of middle school, correct?" Baekhyun clacked a few keys on her computer, Luhan leaning on the side of her desk.

"Correct, they have a worldwide industry, but they are to return next year," Luhan commented.

Baekhyun hummed in understanding and typed quickly, numerous windows popping up, making Luhan's eyes widen.

"Are you studying law or crime?" Luhan peered closer at the documents appearing, a Minseok look alike couple appearing here and there.

"It might as well be," Baekhyun sighed, carefully, but quickly leafing through unimportant files, "I can know everything about you and your family too, but I'll leave that until next time." She flicked her hair over her shoulder spitefully and smacked his hand, which was about to smudge her monitor. 

"Remind me to be extra nice to you," Luhan immediately straightened, seeing how scary Baekhyun was now. It was like one of those crime scene movies where a hacker was looking through hundreds of computer files. 

"You better," Baekhyun grunted. 

After a few minutes Baekhyun smiled in triumph and pressed print, a few of the most important files gathered in her hands. 

"Shall we?" She gestured to her wall board, about to teach Luhan about Minseok's parents.

"Please," Luhan took a seat in front.

"So it says here that they don't have company, rather they were teachers. They met at the same school to teach and eventually got married. The two continued teaching as the got their larger degrees in college. The reason why they left is because they became college professors, and due to their hand in hand specialties with languages and respected majors they go teach at multiple colleges overseas."

Baekhyun flipped through a few pages, pinning another row up.

"Then are they just normal then? They are teachers, not CEOs or high ranking business people?" Luhan was a bit sad, not because he hoped Minseok had rich parents, but because he knew his parents only chose his last fiancee because she was the next heir to a huge company in Korea.

"No, they are pretty rich, famous too. They give motivational speeches too, for multiple subjects. Scholars and Professors aren't to be taken lightly Luhan, they aren't in the same league as your average high school teachers. They are practically on the same level as many company owners," Baekhyun leaned against her board, "not to mention that her mother teaches medicine science and father teaches a variation of math." 

"Then that's great!" Luhan beamed, and checked his buzzing phone, not realizing how long it had been.


"You ready?" Chen smiled. 

"Y-yes," Minseok whispered. 

"You ready?" Chen repeated, as if it never happened.

"Y-yes?" Minseok once again whispered, confused.

"You ready?" Chen once again repeated.

"Yes!" Minseok squeaked.

"Good, better, but not enough," Chen's mouth tugged into a smile.

"A-ah.. um...," Minseok mumbled. 

"No stuttering!" Chen wagged his finger back and forth in front of her face.

"Ah!" Minseok clapped her hands over to stop.

"No, no, no, do I have to make you angry for this?" Chen decided that he would have to make her go from being more open with speaking, loudly for the matter, then they would go to speaking at a normal tone.

"No, sir," Minseok looked down.

"What was that?" Chen tipped her chin up.

"No, sir!" Minseok gave him a tight lipped look.

"Better," Chen laughed, "tell me about something, what do you like?"

"umm..." Minseok hummed.

"If you have something to think about, don't mumble, instead stay quiet, but make face and hand motions, like this," Chen put a finger on his cheek and looked up as if in thought.

Minseok followed along naturally.

"Shall we talk about your love for lover boy?" Chen stuck out his tongue.

"What?" Minseok turned pink, not used to talking relationships.

"I'm just teasing, but tell me, about your hobby," he put his face in his hands, ready to listen.

"Then... coffee?" Minseok suggested.

"Yes! Coffee! I've heard that Suho works at a cafe!" Chen noted excitedly. He checked off the part of his plan about her talking loudly, she seemed to be able to skip that step.

Seeing how excited he was to learn about coffee Minseok and Chen babbled along about coffee. Minseok delightedly explained the process of how to be a barista and Chen intently listened and gave his opinion and comments.

"This was so fun Minseok! We should talk again!" Chen laughed.

"Yes, we should!" Minseok giggled lightly.

"Congratulations," Chen's eyes softened.

"What?" Minseok was surprised.

"You've grown out of your stuttering and small voice, continue using that tone like before," Chen messed her hair with one hand.

That's when Minseok realized. He wasn't talking to her about coffee just to learn more about it, but to make her grow out of her shell.

"Thank you so much!" She looked up to him with a broad smile. She held out her hand to shake

"No, I didn't do much, just had to give you a little push. I did have fun though, we should talk more again! How about a friendly hug instead?" Chen opened his arms, to which she gladly accepted, "Now, I think Sehun is tired of waiting, he's right in there."


"Minseok." 

As soon as she pushed open the door to the living room Sehun announced her presence.

"Hello Sehun," Minseok greeted, feeling refreshed from earlier. 

"Sit," Sehun completely ignored her. Immediately she felt a bad feeling in her stomach.

She briskly walked over by the couch and took a seat. 

"I'd give it a C," Sehun suddenly pushed himself up and walked in front of where she sat.

"eh?" Minseok wondered what she did.

"You sat with little grace, scoop your behind before you sit. Don't grip the ends of the seat, push your knees together, rest your hands in your lap, lightly," Sehun growled.

Minseok tried to process his quick trail of orders and eventually did as told.

"Hm... good, now, later, not in front of anyone you need to impress, but rather intimidate I suggest you do this," Sehun did a catwalk to a single seated sofa, "always go for the single seats in this case, it makes you seem important." He spun around on his heel at the last second and quickly rested onto the cushion. With one swift motion he flicked one leg in the air over his other leg. After, he put both hands on his knee, shoulders back, and chin up. All of this was finished with one last touch, with a small smile and hooded eyes, giving him a royal vibe.

"Woah," Minseok breathed.

"Right?" Sehun's back became a little bit straighter hearing her wordless compliment, "moving on."

He made a quick move to another room.

"Are you coming or not?" Sehun's head peeked back into the room.

"I am!" Minseok almost bolted out of her seat but reminded herself, manners, and stood with grace, patting the dust off her pants and carried on.

"Eat," Sehun pulled out a chair for her, a full course meal in front of her. 

"Thank you," She thanked and felt herself being pulled into the seat. A vary of plates, bowls, and silverware decorated the table.

"Go, eat," Sehun's piercing eyes watched her every move. She made her way to pick up a fork when Sehun tutted.

"What?" Minseok's brows furrowed.

Sehun flicked open his napkin and laid it on his lap, Minseok noticed and immediately followed suit.

This same process repeated with the order of how she was supposed to pick fork, fork, spoon, knife. Amuse bouche, Soup, entree, salad, main course, dessert. Wine glass etiquette. The works. By the end Minseok was feeling drained. Dreading the sound of Sehun making those odd judging noised, tutting and clicking his tongue. Chen was so much different than him, more gentle and made her feel like she was having fun.

Finally they repeated the process, Minseok confidently getting through the order of everything. Sehun smiled to himself, feeling pleased of his teachings. 

"Minseok," Sehun called.

"What now?" Minseok's face radiated annoyance.

"Good job, you're ready," Sehun put a hand on his hip.

"What? Really?" Minseok's face lit up, but her back was still hunched from being tired.

Sehun walked over and pushed her back straight.

"It's not polite to walk with a hunched back," Sehun shook his head. Minseok simply groaned quietly, not meaning for him to hear, although he did.

"Look, I know I'm not the best teacher, I'm not like Chen, but I'm trying okay? You did a good job..." Sehun muttered quietly, a hand reaching for to cover his pink face.

"I see why Yixing says you are so adorable, you did a good job Sehun," Minseok praised the younger one. 

Sehun just huffed after being called adorable, even if it was quoted from his girlfriend and made his way to the door, not before patting Minseok's head lightly.

She followed, seeing everyone Luhan ready to leave. Chanyeol was hugging Baekhyun from behind, Sehun was calling someone, also staying behind, but probably not for long.

"You ready to go?" Luhan offered a hand to her.

"Yeah!" Minseok took his hand, feeling contented from today's lessons.


Note: What do you think? Minseok's training to be a good fiancee candidate!