Deal with the Devil

Knight in Shining Armor

`(No POV)

It was inside Minseok's tiny apartment where Luhan usually took refuge in after school. Just like today, he had an hour to cuddle and talk to Minseok on the small sofa, a random drama playing. They only had a few minutes before time was up.

"Hmmm I don't ever want to leave this spot right now," Luhan laid onto Minseok's chest, cushioning himself on her s.

"Are you just talking about this or...?" Minseok gestured to her "pillows".

"mm both?" Luhan smiled, burying his face into her neck. 

"What's happening later? both," she noted.

"I just have to go back to my house soon," Luhan replied hoping he'd be let off, "it's not a big deal, he may not even be there."

"But he might."

"Hmmm mm, it won't matter," he hid his face in her chest. 

"When do you have to go?" Minseok asked despite knowing the answer.

"Soon."

"How long is soon? Don't you mean now?" she brushed a hand through his hair releasing a satisfied hum from his lips.

"You know me too well," Luhan raised his head and pecked her cheek, leaving small butterfly kisses all over her face. 

"I shouldn't be keeping you back," Minseok cupped the back of his head.

"Alright, I'll get going," he agreed and pulled Minseok closer by her waist and gave her a sweet move on the lips.

Minseok made sure to pull away before he got distracted again and made a dash for her closet. 

"Will you be okay?" She pulled on a jacket over his shoulders.

"I'll be fine, I'll see you later," Luhan grasped her fingers, not wanting to let go.

Luhan stepped out the door, after giving a last look to Minseok.

Minseok suddenly felt a pulling in her heart, she felt her body move on its own. Luhan's own heart skipped a beat when he felt two thin arms wrap around his waist.

Then Minseok suddenly froze, realizing what she had done.

"I-I don't... carry on," Minseok pulled away as her boyfriend turned his heel to face her.

"You make it too hard for me to leave your side, and here I thought... leaving quickly would bring me less pain... but this happens," Luhan pursed his lips, rubbing the back of his head. 

"I shouldn't have...," Minseok bit her lip not facing him.

Luhan bent down to tilt her chin up and gave her one last kiss.

"Be strong, promise me, and call me if anything happens, don't leave me in the dark," Minseok tugged on his shirt, looking up at Luhan with shining sparkling eyes. 

"I promise," Luhan smiled down at her, hoping that they could go back to the days where she didn't have to remind him to stay truthful.


"Hello, my son," A show appeared from around the large officer chair.

Luhan stepped into the darkly lit room, something his father did often was sitting alone in his office, thinking of whatever dark plans he had for his business. Luhan's father was an architectural designer, ordering around his men to make the largest, glamorous buildings and sites in not only all of Korea but everywhere overseas. The Lu name was extremely large, it couldn't afford to be tainted. 

His father's office had two desks, one for his latest big project on display and another for his personal work, where his chair was seated. Behind was always drawn curtains, only drawn when guests were over. In front of him was a sofa for people to sit.

"I've arrived, father," Luhan appeared with a more determined face, rather than the last time. He had dress pants on paired with a crisp white shirt. He had his tie and suit ditched with his sleeves rolled up messily up to his elbows. 

"Your full suit, where has it gone?" His father stood, pulling open one curtain, letting in a stream of light, illuminating behind him and Luhan's face.

"I didn't bother, it's stuffy," Luhan fiddled with the tails of his shirt naturally, although he had to admit mentally that the light made his father seem scarier than before.

"And you will get properly dressed now," his father commanded with a overly nice tone, often used when he talked business.

"No," Luhan muttered and clearly repeated,"no, thank you."

"mm no?" he was taken aback, "no?"

"Yes, I'm not going to do that," Luhan was fed up.

"Luhan."

"No, if I'm going to take over your business, at least allow me my own personal freedoms," Luhan almost growled under his breath.

"How about this, Luhan, how would you like to have a deal?" his father ran a finger along the side of his desk, moving to settle down once again.

"What would that be..." Luhan took the bait.

"How about this, I'll let you continue... keeping your extracurricular club activity members company... until you graduate, but you must get married to a formidable woman," he laced his fingers together, propping his elbows on the table, placing his chin in his hands. 

"And time with friends?" Luhan added.

"Very well, I will allow you to maintain your private life, but you must do all the required training for taking over my company, including dressing with your suit," he agreed, "but you can't be a player in your little soccer team."

"Fine, but no going back right? Shall we write it down?" Luhan wrote down the statement in ink, stamping his thumbprint on the bottom, "would you?"

"Very well," His father stamped his own finger, cautiously wondering why. 

"I do have to say, does it matter who I marry then?" Luhan smirked.

"I did say a formidable woman, in my views" it was his turn to smirk.

"I do have someone in mind," Luhan grinned thinking of last night with his bun.

"You will bring her to me, I will see... if she is truly formidable," he leaned back, crossing his arms.

"Okay."

"Is that all?" He bit.

"That's all, thank you father," Luhan walked away smiling and found his mother right by the door.

"Luhan, what's gotten you so happy?" She questioned, seeing Luhan leaving his father's office happy for the fist time. 

"Nothing mother, when are you and father free for a dinner meeting?" he beamed.


"Minseok, you free this Saturday?" Luhan slid to sit next to Minseok in a very chipper mood. Class just ended and Minseok was gathering her things.

"Yes, why?" Minseok was astounded as she turned her attention to Luhan, she hadn't expected to hang out with Luhan so soon.

"You'll be meeting my parents, wear something nice," Luhan watched carefully for any response he might miss. 

"O-okay, what for? Do they know about us?" Minseok froze in mid smile. 

"Just yesterday, it's the only way I can end up staying with you, unless I want to get married to some random rich girl," Luhan sighed, "I told them I'd bring over someone who's a good marriage candidate, I'll help you get ready, both physically and mentally."

"I don't really own fancy clothes?" Minseok mentioned, thinking of her sweater filled closet.

"We can ask Tao, he knows fashion, he can get you an outfit. My mother will also judge your sense of style and capabilities of a wife," Luhan stood, making a mental list of what he needed to prepare.

"Why don't we talk to the team and everyone?" Minseok understood.

"Minseok, I think we can do this with a little training, just polishing a gem, you'll do great at being a future business wife," Luhan reassured her and himself.


"So you called us here?" Kyungsoo frowned, wanting to go study for her next test.

"Yes, I'm sorry it's sudden but I recently talked with my father again," Luhan brought up.

"Your father? What happened?" Chen gasped, lifting a hand to his mouth.

"Nothing bad, good actually. The engagement is off," and with that Tao cheered, "but temporarily."

"Temporarily? Luhan that doesn't mean anything!" Kris felt a headache coming on.

"I know, I know but it's on the terms of a deal!" Luhan defended.

"Luhan, you know it's dangerous to make deals, especially with successful old rich businessmen," Baekhyun warned, knowing how corrupt they could be, as she wanted to be a lawyer in the future.

"I know that too, but this time I know I can win," Luhan pushed Minseok to the middle of their little circle. They were all seated in a circle on the floor of the school building's roof.

"With Minseok, what?" Yixing wondered.

"We had an agreement that I would be able to have my own free time if I also trained for taking over his company. He said I can't join the club again but I need a wife in the future. A formidable wife at one. So I know that Minseok is beyond perfect but not to my father, not yet, and I need your help," Luhan pointed.

"What do you need us to do?" Chanyeol asked, as he had no known talent in wife polishing.

"Okay, maybe not all of you, but still, first of all, Tao," Luhan laughed nervously, not planning this far ahead.

"Yes!" Tao piped up.

"Can you give Minseok an outfit to fit a semi formal dinner with my parents, it'll be private, fit for first impressions," Luhan checked off a box in his list.

"I already have something in mind," Tao whipped out his phone, dialing some designer's number and babbled away.

"Sehun, you have experience in mannerism and such, correct?" Luhan guessed by his friend's usual poised exterior.

"Who do you think I am?" Sehun tilted his chin up arrogantly.

"Great. Can you judge Minseok's mannerism and speech, maybe with Chen?" Luhan didn't want to leave Minseok alone with the hot headed male, plus Chen could help with her speaking skills.

"Kai, I know you are new but if you could help out with Yixing to help Minseok with formal dancing? We won't need it at the dinner, but perhaps in the future," Luhan pleaded with the newer member of their circle.

"No problem," Kai grinned.

"And us?" Baekhyun pointed to herself and Kyungsoo.

"Baekhyun, rather than helping with Minseok will you tell me more about your law studies? In case I need some sort of fight against my father and to dig us some information about Minseok's parents, you know in case they are rich? That's always a plus. And Suho, if you could help with any necessary motherly or wife like traits she might need?" Luhan answered.

"Kyungsoo, can you get Minseok's score results from the last few years?" He assigned.

"Can do," Kyungsoo sighed.

"Kris, Chanyeol, find out if Minnie has any hobbies that are cool to show off."

"Sure thing."

"Thanks you guys, now let's get a schedule going?"


Note: OKAY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE BUT I HAD NOTHING IN MY BRAIN LEFT UNTIL NOW!

PLUS MY BRAIN KIND OF SHORT CIRCUITED AFTER WRITING THE LAST CHAPTER!!!! >/////<

But I got the ending all planned out and a new story in mind. 

Mafia au anyone?