A Deal is a Deal

Knight in Shining Armor

(No POV)

"I can bring you the exact copy of the written deal," Luhan remembered, it was important as a future businessman to take people's words seriously, especially deals. 

Who would've thought Luhan's father's own teachings would backfire on him. 

Luhan scurried off, trying to go as quickly as possible, trying not to run, because that would seem like he was desperate. 

In a few minutes, after a long period of what seemed like forever of a heavy silence he returned with a framed picture of a scribbled note stamped with two thumbprints and signatures. 

"Here it is, word for word," Luhan put it in Minseok's fingertips.

"Well, Mr. Lu, you are right, as it says here, 'but you must get married to a formidable woman' and Luhan and I acknowledge that," Minseok stated, her stare becoming flat when she sees Mr. Lu tilt up his chin in arrogance.

"Well I also said that after getting the deal you'd get out of here," he stood now.

"This isn't the end," Minseok and Luhan stood together," oh and Mrs. Lu, it was a delight meeting you today." Minseok smiled sincerely, unhooking her bracelet to give to the shocked woman sitting across the table.

Then with that the latter followed her as she stomped out of the room.

Minseok practically ripped open the car door and tried to simmer down inside. She proceeded to take all the little pins out of her hair and harshly took off her earrings. 

She sighed, Luhan watching her cautiously, as angry as he was himself, Minseok was basically a ticking bomb now. Her head was hidden by her hair, as she leaned over in her seat, hands in her face.

"Luhan."

"Yeah?" Luhan hadn't started the engine yet.

"I'm sorry, I should've just... stayed quiet, I guess everything just went down huh?" Minseok apologized, but Luhan noticed the slight break in her voice. 

"Minseok, don't be, it wasn't your fault," and suddenly Luhan forgot all of his anger and peered at his girlfriend worriedly. 

"but it was, wasn't it? Whose else could it be?" she slowly lifted her head to reveal a hot stream of tears flowing down her cheeks.

"If anything, it wasn't yours for sure, nobody is to blame here," Luhan her hair, heart dropping at the sight of her depression.

"But all that training and everything, was it all for nothing?" Minseok's lower lip trembled.

"No it wasn't, like you said, it isn't over, we'll think of something," Luhan pulled his eyes away from her, not wanting to stay any longer and started the engine.

The only sounds were Minseok's little sobs and the bustling of cars passing by.

Luhan shrugged down in the seat, resting his arm on the joystick and the wheel at the light, he turned, seeing Minseok, still hunched over, shoulders shaking ever so slightly. He thought, she shouldn't have to be going through this. 

He took a breath and pushed the pedal once the light flicked back to green, suddenly feeling a wave of exhaustion fall upon him. He also hoped that they would be able to succeed, but what good were high hopes.


Stopping the car along the side of the empty park Luhan flicked out his cell phone, seeing a text notification.

"Minseok, I'm going to take this, stay here," Luhan took her silence as an okay and stepped outside, resting right on the hood of the car, keeping in Minseok's sight.

He found that he had a text from his mother.

5:41 Luhan I'm sorry about today, call me if you have time.

Luhan gasped a little, not expecting his mother to be so supportive, so he rapidly typed her number. He hesitated on the last number and pressed call.

On the first set of beeps she picked up the phone.

"Luhan!" His mother seemed relieved having him pick up.

"What's up?" He cleared his throat.

"How's Minseok ah?"

"She's in the car right now." Leaving out the part of her crying. Alone.

"Look, Luhan, I really think that Minseok is the one for you." She clearly spoke.

"What-"

"Just listen for a while, okay." She seemed like she was desperate.

"Okay." He agreed.

"Just by seeing you two today, I see how you two look and act with each other, you look truly happy when you are with her. Keep her happy, she looks like a good girl. I don't know if your father will eventually come through, but I'll try to persuade him myself too."

"Thanks," Luhan was surprised seeing that his mother was still rooting for him and trying to help him, but he still hesitated before saying," mom."

"I see how happy you are these days, it must be because of her right?"

"I.. guess so." He hadn't realized it himself.

"I'm your mother, I'm supposed to notice these things. Even when you do seem happy I know that you try to hide it in, but ever since I've found about your girlfriend I see those smiles you can't seem to hide."

"I see."

"Well, I guess I'm keeping you, I'll try to talk to your father."

"Thanks, then, bye."

"Bye Luhan."

Luhan's put his hand through his hair, messing up the gelled look. 

Scrolling down his contact list he dialed up a number.

"Luhan, what is it? I didn't expect a call this soon?" Baekhyun's voice seemed happy, but suspicious.

"It ended... earlier than expected." Luhan confessed.

"Did it go well?" She hoped.

"The opposite actually." He confessed and was even more let down hearing her obvious sounds of disapproval and disappointment.

"What happened? What's going on now?" She groaned.

"I'll tell you later, you think we can all gather at your place to meet? Things aren't going well and I don't just want to leave Minseok alone." He knew that Baekhyun's house was usually vacant, her parents working most weeks.

"What do mean you don't want to leave her alone?"

"She's... crying in the car." Luhan braced himself for a harsh yell as he pulled the phone away from his ear, but what he got was silence instead.

"I'll bring them over..." she muttered quietly and hung up.

He stared at the phone in shock and realized why. This time, all of them worked together with high hopes, for it to end like this... was a hit to all the twelve of them. 


Luhan peered into the dashboard, seeing Minseok, still hunched over.

He walked around to her side of the car and knelt after opening the car. 

"Minseok, you don't have to face me right now, but I just want to tell you that we are seeing everyone at Baekhyun's house," he wiped away a stray tear, her tears slowing down by now.

"Baekhyun's house?" Minseok spared him a look, confused.

"We're going to explain what happened, they deserve to know," he brushed a lock of hair behind her ear. 

"Okay," she sniffed, thankful for his guidance.

"Don't cry anymore, it hurts me more to see you sad, you didn't do anything wrong," Luhan cupped her cheeks.

Minseok just shed a last tear and nodded in his hands, meeting his gaze.

He leaned forward and kissed his wet cheek. 

"Let's go?" Minseok suggested, her voice hoarse from the crying.

Luhan smiled in agreement and returned to his side of the doors.

They were on their way again when he noticed Minseok opening the car window.  

A brisk breeze pooled in around the car, making his nose tingle. He spared a look to his right, seeing Minseok leaning out the door, her folded arms resting on the edge. her chin comfortably laid on her arms. 

She took in a deep breath of the winter wind, the dark sky free of clouds, unlike usual.

Luhan put his jacket on her lap again.

"Cover yourself with this at least, you'll get sick," he turned his eyes back on the empty road.

Minseok pulled the jacket on, noticing how the jacket sleeves hung further off her fingertips. 

The two pulled into Baekhyun's driveway, Baekhyun and Chanyeol waiting there already.

The door opened before they even stepped out of the car and Baekhyun ushered them in, getting a blanket from another room.

A long solemn silent comforted the space.

"Hey, at least I put on waterproof makeup right?" Baekhyun laughed, trying to lighten the mood a bit, or at least start a conversation before the others arrived.

Minseok simply hummed in agreement, offering a small smile, but not quite a laugh, that was still too much. Baekhyun's heart dropped and she snuggled closer to the girl, brushing through her tangled hair, messed up from her haphazard way of getting it undone.

"I guess next time I'll just have to make sure you don't shed any tears," she suggested, nudging her side jokingly.

Minseok breathed out a small chuckle, happy to be with her friend.

"Thanks for doing my makeup today, sorry I smeared it a little bit," Minseok said.

"No problem, thank you actually, I've always wanted to do it, Kyungsoo doesn't let me do it on her," she pouted childishly, mimicing a kicked puppy look.

The two girls conversed lightly while Luhan and Chanyeol sat by each of their sides on the large couch, in silence, happy just to see them together. 

Suddenly the door opened revealing Yixing, Sehun, Tao, Kris, and Suho.

"You called?" Suho peered through the hall, wanting to hear what happened.

"Did it go well?" Yixing hoped. Sehun walked beside her, features looking a softer than usual, like he was also looking forward to it.

"Actually, no," Baekhyun smiled, not knowing the full details... yet.

"We're just waiting until the rest get here," Luhan explained when their features immediately went slack.

Tao rushed forward seeing Minseok who looked like she went through a hurricane. Luhan just looked like he went running, with his tousled hair.

"Minnie! Your hair! Your jewelry! Your makeup!" he cried, fiddling with her messy locks.

"Sorry Tao, the bracelet is with Mrs. Lu, for the better, I messed up the rest myself in the process," she apologized, running her hand on Tao's shoulder comfortingly.

"That's okay, I'll just have to dress you up again," he claimed in triumph. 

Chen, Kai, and Kyungsoo chose that moment to enter as well. 

"So everyone's here, so what happened huh?" Kris' eyes burned.

"Everyone, get comfortable," Luhan's voice echoes throughout the cramped household. Everyone was slung around every spot of the couch, some sitting on each other, a few settling for the carpet floor, scattered with blankets and pillows, Baekhyun advising them that they could sleep over as well.

"So-"


Note: BU BUMMM

​Sorry I'm being cruel, but the story must go on! The end is next chapter, specially longer than usual for the occasion!