Queen's Return

Knight in Shining Armor

(NO POV)

The ice queen's breakdown was a new occurrence for the entire school.

The first year who was a known legend where the hallways which parted like the red seas when she arrived. If you crossed her path you didn't dare to look her in the eye, you weren't supposed to apologize or anything, you had to run hoping she wouldn't curse you to hell. It was even known that if you were to bump into her physically, even if it was an accident, you wouldn't be able to function properly. The first person who knocked into her shoulder was absent for a month, without any signs of illness. 

Then the brave hero, the school's savior, soccer captain, another freshman that won gold medals for the entire school. He managed to melt the heart of the ice queen herself. Luhan was a Chinese exchange student who not only won the hearts of all the students at the school, but also the teachers. They were annoyed by him but he was a good student nonetheless.

They were both beautiful, but of course girls were jealous, seeing that the most popular boy chose her, of all girls. Though seeing her open up was a full on springtime for the male students as well. After witnessing Minseok, the beautiful monotonous princess actually smile and laugh because of Luhan caused a whole wave of confessions that spring. Male students back and forth tried flirting with the newly opened up Minseok, who was now the beautiful shy girl, every man's dream. 

Luhan was known for having to beat them off with a stick, defending his girlfriend from all the single boys who wanted to go after her, although everyone knew her typical response.

A guy would approach her and confess and she would smile and state her relationship status. If boys went further to say they could beat him then she would tell them that she was rooting for them lightly. It was then that boys couldn't stay angry or sad after their rejection, knowing deep down that she meant that they were no match, but just hearing those words made them feel like they had a slight chance.

It was a mere myth to the first years of now, that the all known third year was someone who was never messed with. Now people could tap her on the shoulders, ask her for help, and invite her to games.

Luhan, with rumors of his changing behavior made him seem different. Not the happy go lucky team captain they thought he was, as spoken by many other third years. So what they had never expected, was this.


A cold, icy wave of a mysterious aura washed over the school once again. 

Under the typical circumstances that people didn't bat an eye when Minseok arrived, it was different when she arrived first thing on Monday morning.

Shivers ran down the backs of the new freshmen, a dark aura roaming the halls. 

"D-did you feel that?" One boy whispered to his friend sitting beside him.

"Y-y-yeah.... what was that?" His friend trembled, feeling another shiver.

As if on pure instinct, the crowd made way for the return of the queen. The freshmen marveled, unable to speak due to their sudden fear as they saw the famous third year stalk between them, he face composed into a serious glare. Her long hair flew behind her and she hadn't spared her usual shy smiles and hello greetings. 

"W-was that... Minseok sunbae?" A student hung to her friend. 

"Yeah, oh my god, what happened? I've only heard this happen in the stories the third years talk about. I never thought it'd happen in real life," she gasped.

"S-same here," she stuttered, and all went silent as the next person walked by.

"Hey guys! Did'ja all see Minseokkie pass by? I'm looking for her!" Luhan skipped by, in a half run, looking... younger? Of course he didn't look eighteen like he was expected to look, but he didn't even have his usual sophisticated look on. His hair was wind blown and messy, eyes desperate, and clothes improper. 

"Luhan sunbae?" The same girl asked.

"Yeah! You know where she went?" Luhan turned his full attention to the young student.

"U-um that way, but... what's going on?" She mumbled.

"Thanks! Can't explain now! No time!" he sped around the walkway corner, even almost tripping on his way.

Everyone simply ran to see where he went around the corner, not believing their eyes. What had just passed by? A cold Minseok and an overly energetic Luhan? There was only rumors of that happening back two years ago. 


Luhan ran through each classroom she might've walked into, hoping that the bell wouldn't ring before he found her. Finally reaching the last classroom, his and Minseok's class he scanned the room, finding Minseok about to sit into her chair. 

Everyone flicked their heads in Luhan's direction. Eyes widening because they hadn't seen him make such a ruckus since their freshman year. The door banged open making a cloud bang when he made his entrance. Minseok didn't even spare him a look, knowing he was there. 

He strode up to her, his gaze focused onto the back of her head. As soon as he opened his mouth the bell rung and their teacher opened the classroom door.

"Mr. Luhan, I assume you have an announcement to make if you are the only one left standing?" He asked, more like stated.

"No sir!" Luhan fumbled to find his seat, slumping a bit noticing that he was so close. 

Minseok's heart pounded also realizing the same. She turned her head as little as possible, only enough to peek at a grumpy Luhan. Minseok took one last deep breath and focused her gaze once more on the teacher speaking although her mind was somewhere else. 


Minseok somehow managed to avoid him all day at school and gathered up her things. It was when she realized she forgot to bring her book, remembering seeing it on her desk when she bolted out the door. She knew Luhan would probably be out by then, but nonetheless she hurried to make her way back.

Then there he was, sitting there, she saw him from the door's window sitting on the desk beside her own, fiddling with the book she forgot.

She gasped quietly and ducked when he turned his head.

A faint "huh" was heard and a few footsteps followed, she hoped he would only look out the door, not seeing her, and continued what he was doing. 

She held her breath, her heart beating furiously. 

"Minseok, I know you are there," he calmly stated from behind the door.

The girl herself stood silently, not looking up at him. This must've angered Luhan because he roughly opened the door and pulled her inside. With a rough bang she felt her back meet the wall. In shock she looked up expecting an angry boyfriend, but instead he was staring deeply into her eyes, confused.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Luhan wondered aloud, as if knowing she might not reply.

"I.. wasn't avoiding you," Minseok replied.

"Then what? You didn't talk to me all day, not even a look or a hello," he leaned in closer, a frown forming seeing her back away closer to the wall.

"It's not like that..." she defended.

"Explain, please," he allowed her to breath and for that she was thankful.

"I'm the one, not being fair. Everything is finally looking up for you and I was.. being selfish, because I haven't been able to do anything for you," Minseok confessed, unable to look up to her boyfriend, feeling like a horrible girlfriend herself. 

"Minseok, no-"

"Yes Luhan, I haven't been doing my part, I can't even support you like I would like to," Minseok felt tears gathering in her eyes.

"Minseok, no, listen to me. It's enough having you just by my side. If anything I should've seen this coming, it's also my role as a boyfriend to make sure my girlfriend isn't left out anywhere," Luhan took Minseok's hand lovingly. 

The warm orange sunset reflected against her face and her glistening tears, she looked absolutely stunning. 

Minseok looked up to Luhan and the sun coming from the windows behind him glowed like a halo, making him look more angelic than he always looked. 

Luhan leaned down into a sweet kiss, caressing Minseok's face, swiping at the falling tears. 

They broke the kiss, but stayed in their embrace, Minseok straightened Luhan's messy hair making him chuckle.

"Your neat habits haven't gotten any better I see," Luhan pointed.

"I noticed that my coaching still hasn't stuck with you either," Minseok mused, moving to straighten his uniform.

"Of course, I had an adorable girlfriend to do it for me, but hey! I do... act cleaner... at home," Luhan defended mumbling.

"Yeah, yeah, looks like I'll have to monitor over you more now, hm?" Minseok pulled at his tie teasingly. A blush bloomed on his face for a second, surprised at the sudden forwardness. Then he grinned.

He composed his face and hefted up Minseok onto the desk and sat in a chair, her legs around him. He buried his head into her stomach, humming.

Minseok giggled, running her hands comfortingly through his hair. Then she felt his hands wandering, on down her waist and another resting a bit too close to her inner thighs, pushing her skirt up slightly.

"Luhan! Not here!" She smacked his naughty hand.

"Then there?" Luhan smirked up at her.

"You are impossible," Minseok groaned when the hand around her waist suddenly tightened.

"But you love me," Luhan suddenly pulled her in closer so her hips were practically attached to his chest causing her to gasp.

"Don't you dare," Minseok remembered what he did many times in their year of dating.

He did. 

He pulled her up, one hand around her waist and one under her bottom, squeezing lightly. 

"Luhan!" She extended her arms to keep him away.

He ignored her, only leaning in closer, kissing her neck, with other plans in mind at the moment.

"S-stop!" Sometimes she couldn't stand Luhan's lack of self control. Sometimes he could never keep his hands off of her.

"Hmph, fine," Luhan pulled away, pouting, but the look in his eyes hinted that it wasn't over, not yet. 

"Come here," Minseok took his hand and packed her bag. 

They walked back to Minseok's apartment leisurely when she remembered something.

"Don't you have to be home! Luhan! Again, I should've known! You need to get home!" Minseok rambled pushing him to the opposite direction before they reached the inside of her place.

"No, it's fine, don't worry about it, I'll deal with it later, trust me, I have things under control today," Luhan reassured.

"No, it's not! Luhan!" Minseok growled, warning him.

"Fine," He whipped out his phone texting rapidly to someone. He flashed the screen to her showing that he made up a somewhat believable excuse that he would be late today to his mother. Almost immediately his mother replied with an "okay". 

"You- ugh, I love you," Minseok playfully hit his shoulder and turned her heel to open the door. 

She stepped inside and felt a pair of arms wrap around her. Luhan picked her up and kicked the door closed, moving to the bedroom at the end of the hall.


Note: I figured some love was needed after a long time of stress. Although there was a lot of stress here too. 

Penny for your thoughts?