Jester

Knight in Shining Armor

(No POV)

Minseok rubbed her fingers together, constantly breathing on them in an attempt to warm them. The cold made her nose and lips red, and her eyes and nose water. She moved to her shoe locker and continued her routine of wearing her indoor slippers and walked to her classroom. Not many people arrived yet, she always made it a habit to come early, never late. Seating herself in her seat by the back window, she peered outside while taking her books out of her bag. Unfocused, she barely noticed someone arrive, a large red muffler wrapped around her lithe neck. 

"huh?" Minseok felt herself instantly warm up.

"Surprise!" Luhan was behind her, leaning his head over to look at her surprised face.

"Luhan!" She had to crane her chin upwards to meet his. 

"You like it?" He commented and kissed her lips briefly.

"I do but..." Minseok found that the tag was still attached to the accessory. 350 dollars. She quickly removed the scarf. "Where did you get this?"

"Burberry, you like it?" Luhan hugged her from behind, ignoring her. He took the scarf from her fingers, ripped off the tag, and placed it around her once again. 

"It's nice and all, but it's so expensive, I couldn't just-" Minseok was cut off, when she turned to complain, she was met by Luhan's lips. 

She melted into him and forgot everything that she was about to say. 

"I gotta go, soccer calls," Luhan's hand slowly dragged along her cheek, last to leave as her jumped out of the room, the tag still stuck in his hand. 


"Oh, Minseok, new scarf?" Yixing noticed.

"It was a... gift," Minseok turned to look outside, where the soccer field was in view. The small images of Luhan and his team practicing in the icy winter weather.

"Ooooh I see," she giggled. Minseok didn't mention the price or the designer, it embarrassed her to be honest. She was never used to buying luxury items, besides her student debt, she wasn't poor, but she wasn't exactly rich either, just enough to get around. Her debt wasn't exactly due all at once, but she always just manage to pay them on time.


Day after day Luhan continued to bring presents for Minseok. They were all high priced and luxury items. The price stickers and tags weren't on any of them, as he forgot the first time, but Minseok could tell from the quality wrapping, such as the velvety embroidered necklace case, or the dainty hand crafted lace ring pouch. From a first glance, the presents themselves could be played off as cheaper than they were, but the casing and the designer brand logos were still engraved all over them. 

It came to a point to where Minseok had piles of gifts in her bedroom. She never wore them, besides the scarf. It worried her. She really really wished he didn't give her presents, but despite her scolding and complaining her would meet her with another gift. 

Minseok was ashamed to carry around such expensive gifts. Sure she knew Luhan was probably rich enough to be her sugar daddy, but that wasn't what he was. Luhan was her boyfriend, he didn't need to lavish her in presents, he wasn't supposed to. It gave her the conscience to give him something in return, which she did do in the beginning. She would bake for him, buy him things he would talk about wanting, like a new soccer ball, but the rate at what he was bringing them in was too much, too often, and the quality of them too high. 

He'd always present them to her, kiss her, and run off.

"You like it?" Another one. It was in a large white box, inside, red satin cushioning a few small glass bottles, decorated with crystals. Inside was perfume, colored and reflected along its glass casing, imitating precious gems. 

"It's beautiful but-" Luhan shut her off with a kiss like always. "No." Minseok pushed him off of her.

"What's wrong?" A large smile printed on his face. Not like before, where it was filled with admiration and love, now it was different. His eyes were urgent, smile forced, awkward stiff facials contorting his looks. No. This wasn't his usual smile. It didn't have the usual emotions. 

It wasn't Luhan.

"I can't accept this. Why are you doing this?" Minseok took hold of his wrists, as a signal for him to stop. He held back himself, but the grin still plastered on his face.

"Just take it," Luhan rocked on his heels, looking distracted, "If you won't, I'll just throw it out."

Throw it out? That wasn't even something she thought of ever doing. These were expensive gifts!

"Return them! Don't throw them out!" Minseok turned her back to repackage the box and tried to place them in Luhan's hands.

"I can't, I won't," Luhan sang. 

The two had a little staring session. Minseok's eyes burned, getting angrier and angrier as Luhan seemed to look happier and happier. 

"Fine, but please no more..." Minseok sighed, feeling tired as she leaned her body against her desk. 

"No promises," Luhan whispered and bounced off. 

"Luhan!" She yelled as he sprinted out the door.


"Another one." Kyungsoo commented rather than questioned.

"This is becoming some sort of regular event, are you sure you are okay with this?" Yixing asked worriedly.

"I hate this... but I can't get him to stop," Minseok looked down, bags forming, darker and darker as the days flew by.

"I'm all for gifts, but he's kind of over doing it," Baekhyun bit her lip as she opened the gift box. On top of them being luxury items, they weren't any use to a high school girl. What young school girl wore diamonds, designer accessories, and precious perfumes?

"Talk to him," Yixing warned.

"I want to! But we never talk to each other, he's busy at school these days and he ignores my calls and texts!" Minseok wanted to bang her head on the tree. 

"Is he angry?" Kyungsoo spoke up. She didn't want to get involved with any drama, but it hurt her so see her friend like this. If anyone her any of her friends Kyungsoo was out to kill. 

"I don't even know..." This was the first time that Minseok felt that she couldn't understand him. He was always so open, but now. She wasn't even sure. She settled for putting her face in her hands, not wanting to look at anyone. 

Kyungsoo stood.

"Kyungsoo where are you going?" Baekhyun stood as well. 

"Bathroom, don't follow me," she warned. Baekhyun backed down and Kyungsoo left to find Luhan. 


"What's wrong with you." She commented. He flinched, but immediately reverted back to smiling. Kyungsoo caught it and immediately sensed something fishy. 

"That's none of your business," Luhan grinned.

"Well it becomes my business when you are hurting my friend," Kyungsoo glared coldly.

"She doesn't like the presents? Or should I buy more?" Luhan looked up, asking himself, rather than Kyungsoo.

"She doesn't want them," Kyungsoo leaned coolly against the wall. 

"I said, it's not your business," Luhan suddenly came close to Kyungsoo, his fist clenched by her head, the same smile still graced his features. Kyungsoo stood still, her eyes getting larger. She was scared. Luhan was different. From before, he never acted this way. Kyungsoo peered at him, eyes glaring, and escaped. 

Her fingers itched, that was the first time, she actually felt scared. Kyungsoo wondered if Minseok also knew something was different. 


Luhan sighed, his hand dragging down the wall and dropped, only to rise again, but instead to his face. He turned to lean against the cold wall, covering his eyes as he breathed shakily, sliding down, until he was sitting on the freezing floor. 

His phone buzzed to life, the caller ID flashing "Mother". 

"Yeah?" 

"Luhan there's a car waiting, change into the clothes inside the bag, be ready," she commanded.

"Yeah." Luhan pushed himself off the floor.

"Be good, she's a nice girl," his mother reminded.

"Yeah, whatever, bye" The phone left his ear and he could hear mother trying to add in more rules and hurriedly telling him not to hang up. It was too late, he already pressed the button. 

Luhan briskly walked to the sleek black car waiting at the back of the school, and got changed into the suit inside. The driver took him to an art gallery, where a girl was waiting. She had long, dyed curled hair, beautiful brown eyes, and was wearing expensive clothes, perfect for the event.

"Hi, I'm Joohee," she greeted.

"Hello, how are you?" He was kind, it wasn't fair to take it out on this girl, she wasn't involved, in fact, her own parents probably set her up as well.

"Are you interested in art?" She questioned as the walked around the gallery. 

"Not really, but my parents probably have someone watching us at the moment..." Luhan sighed, but continued smiling.

"If you want we can leave, I know a place out, we can ditch those people spying," Joohee grinned back, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She whispered something in his ear. 

"Sounds good," It comforted him, knowing that she was the same as him.

The two sped through the crowd, losing the people following them. Luhan caught a cab quickly and they settled for walking around the city.

They learned more about each other, she was an aspiring architect, and was expected to become the trophy wife of a rich future heir of a company, in this case, Luhan. 

She was nice, she understood Luhan, it was the first time that anyone ever understood what it was like to be the child of stuck up rich parents, who only cared of money and the future of their business.


"Hey, isn't that Luhan?" Sehun nudged Yixing, who was drinking a coffee. 

"It is! Wonder what he's up to," Yixing's commented, seeing the familiar face.

"Who's that girl, her hair isn't the same as Minseok's, and she looks kinda young..." Sehun squinted.

"Maybe a sister?" Yixing tried to make sense of the situation. Right at that moment the girl turned, she looked far to different to be related to Luhan.

"No way, he couldn't be cheating on Minseok right?" Sehun furrowed his brows, his captain couldn't be... right?

The two seemed to spot someone in the crowd, and Sehun and Yixing hid back into the cafe, not wanting to be spotted. It was a middle aged couple, one looking extremely stern, the other mature and kind.

"I think that's Luhan's parents," Sehun thought back to the time he saw Sehun's mother back in middle school. He didn't recognize the man, but it was probably his dad.

Just as the two started talking Luhan wrapped his arm around the girl's waist.

"Luhan!" Yixing almost stood, but Sehun sat her back down. 

"We can tell Minseok, but we shouldn't let Luhan know now..." Sehun was furious, was this the true colors of his team captain, the famous, kind, leader? If they confronted him now, who know what other excuse he could make up.

Yixing saw her boyfriend's angered face, if there was one thing Sehun hated, was a cheater. She wanted to think that there was a logical reason behind all of this, her friend had been through too much, if Luhan's actions were true to what Sehun thinks, it could change things back to how they were before, or possibly make things worse. 

Yixing didn't even want to imagine what that might be like.


Note: dun dun duuuuun

Tell me what you think?