How About It?

Knight in Shining Armor

(No POV)

Minseok peered at Baekhyun, wondering when Luhan and Baekhyun had reconciled so well, it was unexpected to say the least, knowing that Baekhyun and Luhan butted heads too many times in the past. 

Even after knowing that it had gone badly she didn't yell or ask for the immediate details.

Minseok shrugged off the idea, thinking that she was going delusional from everything that has been going on.

"So?" Chen asked, worried at the solemn looks Luhan, Baekhyun, Minseok, and Chanyeol wore. 

"I guess I should start from the beginning?" Luhan suggested, rubbing his lips, ready to begin the story. So much had happened so he thought that the easiest way to probably tell it was to start from the beginning. 

"Don't you dare leave out a single detail," Kris leaned forward from his seat on the ground, Suho comforting him by holding his hand.

Luhan didn't bother answering and squeezed Minseok's shoulder before opening his mouth.

"So we went to my parent's house, Minseok somehow managed to befriend my mom within a span of a few minutes before my dad arrived," he chuckled thinking at the thought.

"That's thanks to me!" Tao interrupted, noting that his styling probably helped in the making.

"Tao, no interruptions," Yixing patted Tao's leg, as he sat on the armchair above where she sat.

"Well, then he came in, must've been angry today or something," Luhan blamed growling a little, reminding himself of the feeling from before. 

"We started eating dinner from there," Minseok added in, helping with the storytelling.

"Yeah, but we immediately got to business. He asked a bunch of questions about Minseok, and while we thought we were doing well, I brought up the face that she's smarted and better than me, I guess he thought it wouldn't be good for a future CEO's image," Luhan clicked his tongue in a annoyance. 

Minseok nodded at him so she could continue.

"Well from then on Luhan and I tried to persuade him, but it didn't work out and Luhan suggested we leave. Then again, Luhan, you told me earlier that we needed to get the deal?" Minseok wondered, remembering from their car ride earlier.

Luhan had mentioned earlier, that if anything, they had to get their hands on the deal. 

"Anyway, I remembered him mentioning that earlier so I tried to hold the conversation, making a deal with him, that I'd leave on the terms that I get the written deal," Minseok furrowed her brows.

"Luhan, why did you need to get that? Couldn't you have just told Minseok yourself later or at the time?" Suho spoke for Minseok's curiosity. 

Luhan simply smiled at her, making the people in the room more confused.

"Luhan, did you get it?" Instead Baekhyun stood, leaning on the door frame.

"I did," Luhan fiddled with his pockets, pulling out something small that was hidden by his fist. He swiftly threw the object, Baekhyun catching it with a little smirk. Okay, now Minseok was really confused. They were in on something without her knowing?!

"What's that?" Minseok's eyes burned a little, suspicious.

"What's this?" Baekhyun held up the small object, "this is a key, don't you see?" She stated the obvious, one hand displaying the object and the other hand, beautifying it like in commercial placement.

"You guys, what is this?" Minseok flashed her eyes back around the room, noticing that everyone besides Luhan and Baekhyun were equally confused as herself.

"I'm sorry Minseokkie, don't blame Luhan here, I told him to do it that day earlier. It was my idea, I told him to get the keys to his dad's office, no matter what," Baekhyun's down turned eyes glimmered apologetically, defending Luhan.

"Why?" Minseok threw away the idea of the fact that they hadn't let her in on it, it wasn't like she was the only one anyway. So instead she asked about the purpose of the thing.

"Well, remember what you said about not leaving because we probably won't be able to return again? Well Baekhyun kind of foresaw that happening and made up a plan. I knew that my dad always leaves his office locked, the only place that holds the extra key to his company office. He's almost always at the company office, so the home office is always locked. When I went to go get the deal, what I was actually aiming for was the key," Luhan took in a breath, he explained so much in so little time.

"How did you know it wouldn't be locked?" Minseok's head started to hurt.

"Well, it was a lucky guess?" Luhan smiled nervously, Baekhyun mirroring him, scratching the back of their heads. 

Of course, only the two of them could create such a genius plan that was not completely risk free, if Yixing and Kyungsoo made the plan, there would be no holes. 

"How could you risk that?" Suho was exasperated, Kris had to hold her down this time.

"I live life on the edge," Baekhyun giggled, trying to divert their attention.

"Anyway, moving on, please? Now that we have a way to see him we need to form a new plan to somehow persuade him," Luhan got back to business and leaned forward in his seat.

"Anyone have any ideas?" Baekhyun asked the room.

"You mean not only did you make a plan to steal his keys not sure if it would work, but you haven't planned further?" Kris has massaging his temples.

"No?" Luhan said.

Kyungsoo and Kris both groaned, then everyone was sent into a deep silence, trying to think of another way to ask him.


Minseok slowly got up, not making much noise and picked up the backpack she left at Baekhyun's house the other day. She walked to the kitchen, sitting at the island table stools. Bringing out a small leather book from her bag she tried to de stress by sketching out some architectural buildings. 

Immediately she was into her own little world, calm and peaceful, the smell of coffee wafted around in her mind, a small little design for the interior of Suho's coffee shop made its way onto the rough paper. Her heart beat slowed down to a comfortable beat, her wavy hair curling around her neck, out of the way. She rubbed at the lead, trying to get the right curve of the tables. 

Footsteps were nearing, but she didn't really take notice, to entranced into her little drawing. 

"Hey, what's that?" Chanyeol was standing there, looming over her shoulder at his height. 

"Ah, it's nothing, Minseok tried to shut the thing when Chanyeol put a huge hander over it.

"Please, can I see?" his eyes sparkled like that of a little puppy.

"I suppose so, don't laugh," she hesitantly gave him the small book, Luhan and Yixing were the only ones who've seen it through. 

"Of course!" Chanyeol got all giddy, rushing forward to grasp the book, cradling it softly, treating it like it was a treasure that could break any time.

It was funny to watch, such a big man with long limbs carefully flipping through the thin pages.

"Woah, these are great!" he exclaimed. If the others hadn't noticed their disappearance they sure did now.

"Thanks," she was grateful.

"No, seriously! These are really top notch! Why don't you become an architect?" Chanyeol proposed, not knowing that that was actually her dream.

"I'd love to someday," a far away look sprouted in her pupils.

Then suddenly, Baekhyun rushed into the room, hearing the last few replies.

"Minseok! Chanyeol, you are a genius!" she pulled his shoulders close, embracing him happily, giddily jumping in place. Chanyeol had a stupid smile despite her compliment and stood there taking in the sudden burst of affection.

"Minseok, that's it!" she suddenly turned away from her goofy boyfriend to the said girl.

"What's it?" Minseok's eyes were moons at this point. All she really wanted was actually just a calm place to rest.

"Look here," she flashed the more intricate pages of the book in her face.

"I know, I drew them!" She took the book back, shoving it in her back.

"Yes! Yes, you drew them!" she whispered something in her ear and jabbed a thumb back into the room where Luhan was trying to think of an idea. 

"I-I," she stuttered.

"You've always wanted to be one right? I'm a genius," Baekhyun flipped her hair, proud of her brains. She then proceeded to rush out to share her idea to Luhan.

"That's...," his eyes were wide.

That's right, Minseok knew that it wasn't an option, even Luhan knew better.

"That's brilliant!" he jumped up and danced around Minseok with Baekhyun.

"You guys! I don't think this will work?" Minseok piped up.

"Why not?" Baekhyun cocked her head to the side, not seeing anything that could go wrong.

"Well, um, he won't accept that so easily?" Minseok stated the obvious.

"Well, duh, just like he wasn't accepting of you! Now that reason is gone! He has nothing to lose by accepting!" Baekhyun grabbed her hand.

"I... suppose," Minseok looked down, still unsure.

"Minseok, do you... not want to?" Luhan looked sincerely into her eyes.

"I do... but," she was hesitant.

"but...?" he continued.

"nothing I guess..." she sighed, not knowing what it was that was stopping her either.

"I have faith in this plan this time," Luhan smiled and hugged her lightly.


From that night they all shared the idea and Minseok was able to become more open minded, accepting the idea of her taking over instead of Luhan. 

Although she had more confidence last night, everything she remembered and learned seemed to disappear momentarily as she became a stuttering mess at the foot of a huge glass building holding one of the scariest men she's ever met somewhere at the top.

"Don't worry, we got this," Luhan took her side. Tao had made sure that they looked "dangerously hot" for the day, Minseok in a sleeveless, sleek black dress, dark makeup, and tall heels to match. Luhan had on a sleek black suit to match, full with a vest and everything, from head to toe, all dressed up. He had his hair slicked back, so it shined as much as the shoes on his feet.

They stepped into the empty elevator, and as soon as the doors shut Minseok turned her heel and grabbed Luhan's face, kissing him with all of herself. Luhan's arms grabbed Minseok by the hips, more to balance themselves. 

She kissed and , their tongues in a battle for dominance, when finally Minseok pulled away grasping for breath, she pulled out her pocket mirror from her little purse and quickly fixed her smeared lipstick with ease.

The doors opened to a random middle floor, revealing Minseok, completely composed and eyes dangerous, Luhan was just still stunned, a smear of lipstick on his lower lip. A random office worker walked in and coughed, gesturing to his lips. Luhan got the hint and furiously rubbed his lips, gaining back his attention with a full blush to match.

The worker got off at the next few floors and Luhan turned to his girlfriend.

"Why?" it's not like he didn't like it, but more because he liked it a little too much and it wasn't everyday that Minseok acted like that.

"Gratitude," she didn't even look at him, still feeling nervous herself, although the kissed slightly seemed to calm her down, even the slightest.

"Remind me to do nice things for you more often if that's what I get," Luhan chuckled, still a bit dazed.

Minseok didn't reply, only offering a little smile, making Luhan grin crazily.

"I am never leaving you," he said, in the moment.

Even though she knew he was just being happy in love it still tugged at her heartstrings, because what if they couldn't?

It was too late to think about that anyway, the little elevator light dinged and it was their stop. The two stepped out together, walking down the dark corridor ever so slowly, looking for the plaque that read "Lu". 

A coarse wooden, yet sleek name appeared, and Luhan hadn't even tried knocking and clicked open the door using the keys.

"Luhan, going this far, to steal my keys," Mr. Lu was seated at the desk before them, expecting their appearance. 

"Nice to see you too," he grit his teeth.

"And what brings you children here?" his tone is laced with a weird sinister edge.

"I have a proposal to bring you father," Luhan straightened himself, dusting off the nonexistent lint from his suit and got straight to the point.

His silent allowed him to continue.

"Well, in our deal it never specifically says that I have to become the CEO, correct? Just that I have to do the training," Luhan pulled out the deal from his pocket, displaying it for his father.

"That's correct, but what of it? I still need someone to be my heir, and I don't have any other children," Mr. Lu concluded, brows coming together.

"Well, you say Minseok is two steps before me, both in personality and in smarts right? Well, she's actually an aspiring architect, just like you in your early days," he threw Minseok's leather sketchbook on his dad's desk. 

He took the bait and flipped through the pages, his lips thinning into a straight line.

"Well, I don't think she is related to me in any way, I don't exactly trust her."

"Well, If we get married, isn't that enough. And I trust her, father, I love her, can't you trust me enough on that," Luhan pleaded strongly.

"I-I," for the first time he heard, Mr. Lu stuttered.

"Do you trust me enough to know that Minseok is more than capable to take over the business?" Luhan took Minseok's fingers.

"And you?" Mr. Lu seemed to somewhat accept that idea.

"I've always wanted to pursue my dream of playing sports, football, it's my life, please," Luhan stated.

"Please, Mr. Lu, I can do this, let Luhan be happy," Minseok stepped forward, personally joining the conversation.

Mr. Lu took in a breath and sighed.

"I'm getting too old for this. Why couldn't you just do what I tell you?" He let out a haggard breath.

Luhan and Minseok looked back and forth at each other, worried that his answer was a no then.

"Fine," he brushed a hair through his hair, a habit that him and his son shared.

"What?" Minseok gasped.

"Now get out of here before I change my mind," his voice was gruff. Minseok and Luhan quickly filed out, not before Luhan ran back in, beckoning for Minseok to wait outside.

"Sorry for bothering you so much, but thank you dad," Luhan was sorry that he was always such a brat to his dad in the past.

"You know Luhan, I've always thought you'd be happy to take over my company, your mother knows that well too," he laughed, Luhan's head snapping up to the sound.

"Dad, it's just... I know you want me to be happy, but sitting at a desk just isn't my forte," Luhan confessed, "but Minseok, she's the smartest girl I've ever known, she'll do your company good."

With a last look and a smile, Luhan ran out, looking for Minseok when she left earlier, to find her waiting at the doors of the elevator. 

Never had Luhan been so excited to take the elevator. 


Note: ENDDDDDDDD!!! How was it??? I plan on making a little epilogue, so stay tuned!

How did you all like this au? Should I bring back a similar concept later? Thoughts?