Questioning

Knight in Shining Armor

(No POV)

Wednesday

Minseok spent her time doodling in her sketchbook, something she always liked to do in her free time. She sketched out the outlines of the tables in the cafe, waiting for Luhan, Kris, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo to arrive. Suho was off busy somewhere finishing up business for the day. 

The cafe was empty today, as it was specially closed by Suho today for their session. Suho had told Minseok to sit by one of the tables and wait while she finished up some work behind the counter. Inside the faint scent of coffee wafted around warmly, heating up Minseok's soul. 

She heard the door bell chime, the three boys walking in, so she quickly clamped the book shut. Setting the book aside, she looked up to greet them.

The three were all waiting for Suho to return and Kyungsoo to arrive. 

Soon enough Minseok heard a tap on the window. Minseok was shocked hearing the sudden sound from beside her, after all there was only a window. She quickly moved her attention to the large glass, knocking the table from the surprised movement. What she didn't notice was a small sketchbook fall to the floor, hidden from most views. Outside it was Kyungsoo tapping on the glass from outside, signaling her arrival. 

Suho looked up hearing the second chime and quickly scribbled the last few amounts into her lists and hurried over to the group.

"So how will we split up?" Suho chirped, almost out of breath.

"I'll talk to Kyungsoo, you three get any 'impressive' activities or hobbies from Seokkie," Luhan raised his hands in air quotes. 

"Gotcha," Chanyeol beckoned Minseok to follow to another table. 

Minseok followed, forgetting to take her small sketchbook behind.

"Shall we start?" Luhan took a seat, face going serious as Kyungsoo did the same.

"Yes."

"What's this?" Luhan picked up the small brown leather sketchbook from the floor. He turned it to the back side, finding no evidence of ownership.

"Let me take a look at that," Kyungsoo's eyes flickered in familiarity, holding out her hand for Luhan to hand it over.

"Why," Luhan furrowed his brows, "is it yours?"

"No, just hand it over," Kyungsoo's brow twitched in annoyance, ing out her palm again.

She leafed through the contents of the small book, it contained small doodles, some more defined than others of beautiful sketches of real life and imaginary buildings.

"Just as I thought, it's your girlfriend's," Kyungsoo let out a small breath naturally.

"I'll give it to her later," Luhan took back the book, never noticing that Minseok ever even had the thing. Apparently it was pretty old too, he took a look at a few random pages, some dating to a while back. 

He shoved the book into his backpack, hoping he'd remember to return it later.

"So Minseok's grades?" Luhan put his cheek in his hand.

"Better than average, on the top actually, but only since recently. In her middle school years she was a pretty average student, but it says here that starting in her first year of high school until now she's been ranked in the top five for all around grades, her weak points seem to be in history. She was and is always first in math and art though," Kyungsoo, laid the evidence papers in front of him.

"This is good! My dad will be happy to hear that she's super smart," Luhan was guilty knowing that even though he was on the upper chunk of the school he never even made it to the top 100.

"It also says from her future dreams paper that she's planning to get a master's degree. (GO XIU FOR ACTUALLY GETTING A DEGREE IRL) I couldn't get access to anything else," Kyungsoo grunted.

"Couldn't we just ask her?" Luhan wondered, it's not like it would be hard o find out what she wanted to do in the future.

"I don't think so, she isn't exactly a person that likes to talk about her personal future, she's not selfish enough," Kyungsoo sighed, thinking about how much Minseok thought of others, rather than herself.

"Hmm.. okay," Luhan tapped his chin, figuring it couldn't be too important for the situation.


"Where do you want to start? Us questioning you on random things or on wifely junk?" Kris stuck out his tongue, playfully making a joke towards Suho.

"Hey! Minseokkie!" Suho pinched Kris' arm, releasing a loud "ow!" from the giant. She turned to Minseok, giving her a puppy look so that she would pick her first.

"I guess Suho?" Minseok giggled, seeing the playful banter the pair exchanged.

"Okay, this'll be quick, Minseok can you clean? cook?" Suho fished out a notebook, ready to take any notes.

"I think this will go quickly, you know how much of a cleaning freak I can be sometimes," Minseok gave an "are you serious look" to Suho.

"Right, right, I forgot," an apologetic look came upon Suho's face.

"And I like to bake a lot, I make coffee, I'm pretty much decent at regular cooking," Minseok listed.

"Nobody has to know that, as long as you know how to not blow up a kitchen," Suho gave a pointed look at the two boys, knowing that neither could cook for their life. 

"Anything else?" Minseok was expecting more questions.

"No actually, those are pretty much the expected skills of a housewife," Suho knew questioning could either take longer or shorter than expected, This time being one of the latter.

"Is it time for us to trade off?" Chanyeol peered into the conversation.

"I guess so?" Suho got out of her seat, pulling another one for Kris and walked behind the counter once again, happy to help her friend.

"Hmmm... where to start?" Chanyeol puckered his lips in thought.

"Well we will ask you a bunch of questions based on what Luhan's parents might be astounded by," Kris held the bridge of his nose, trying to think of any possible things.

"Let's start with sports! Do you play any? Or have you played any? Specifically rich ones? Like golf or tennis?" Chanyeol's mouth rattled on like usual.

"Um, not many that are 'rich' because there's basketball and soccer... not very 'womanly'," Minseok grit her teeth, trying to think of any sports she did before her parents left to overseas.

"Really think," Kris lowered his gaze to meet Minseok's.

"There's Taekwondo.... and um fencing," Minseok rubbed her palms remembering the times she practiced her fencing with her father.

"What was that?" Chanyeol leaned in, cupping his large ears.

"Fencing, I was into fencing for years until a while after my dad left, it wasn't the same practicing alone," Minseok explained more clearly.

"Ah...," Chanyeol's jaw dropped in surprise. He opened his mouth to give his next reply.

Mentally Kris and Suho watched by, hoping that Chanyeol wouldn't be stupid and ask her about her father. It was clearly a more sensitive subject she didn't want to talk about. With pursed lips they watched on, Kris had a foot stationed to kick Chanyeol if he happened to ask. 

"How-" Chanyeol expressed slowly.

Suho gave a weary look in his direction.

"-COOL! DO YOU THINK YOU COULD TEACH ME SOME TIME?" Chanyeol exclaimed loudly, with stars in his eyes. Kris and Suho slumped in their chairs, thanking the heavens that the question hadn't crossed his mind.

"Yeah, sure," Minseok's eyes widened at the sudden proposal.

"That's like legit so badass like I can't believe that! You could use anything to sword fight anyone that tries to hurt you!" Chanyeol made whooshing sword noised and extravagant motions with his flailing arms and hands.

"I guess so?" Minseok hadn't thought much about that part.

"Take care of Luhan hyung for us! He can't stand a fight on his own!" Chanyeol seemed to forget the entire purpose of why they met up and continued to blabber on about sword fighting and how much of a pansy Luhan was.

"Okay, Chanyeol, that's... enough," Kris put a fist up to hide his reddening cheeks and used an arm to settle down Chanyeol back into his seat.

"Hyung, I was just getting to the good part where-" Chanyeol struggled to continue.

"Minseok! Sorry about him, he can get off topic quite easily, so you have any goals in the future?" Kris' eyes bore holes into Minseok's small gaze, sending her to hide further into her seat.

"Kris! Stop being such an angry bird! She's scared of you!" Chanyeol poked Kris' furrowed brows.

"I am not!" Kris sputtered, growling at the younger.

"Kris, loosen up a little," Suho butted in, putting a hand on Kris' shoulder, making him ease down a little, "but Minseok know that Luhan's parent's may have a tougher presence, you have to be able to not simply hide from them."

"I... understand," Minseok straightened up her back and brushed off the dust her lap.

"So again, you have any goals? Professional to be exact?" Kris suggested gently this time around.

"I do want to go to college, it's what I've been aiming for since a long time ago," Minseok shifted uncomfortably in her chair.

"What do you want to be in the future?" Kris crossed his legs.

"I don't know? A designer?" Minseok mumbled, forgetting her talking training with Chen earlier for a moment.

Suddenly Luhan slid in, leaning his elbow on the small table they were seated at. 

"Hey guys, you all done yet?" Luhan mused, happy with his evidence.

"I think so," Chanyeol concluded happily and completely forgot about the last question.

"Is that so? That's great!" Luhan didn't pick up on Kris' confused face.

"The last-" Kris tried to pick up the conversation again.

"It's been answered," Minseok interrupted nicely, not wanting to continue on, feeling strangely exhausted, mentally.

"You okay Minseok?" Luhan gazed at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she pulled his arm, he noticed and immediately knew what it meant.

"Guys I think we'll pack up for today, you worked hard," Luhan pulled out envelopes out of his bag, noting the book he had as well.

"You don't have to pay us!" Kris rejected the thing.

"No, it's not pay, it's a gift to help, here's a few extra, if you could give them to Chen, Baekhyun, and Sehun for me," Luhan smiled, feeling grateful for the help so far.

"Thank you Luhan," by no means was Suho in it for the reward, she just wanted to respect Luhan's idea of thanks.

Each one contained gift cards for a respected store that was custom to every person, along with a note of thanks.

"Let's go?" Luhan bid goodbye to everyone, holding a hand out for Minseok to hold.

Everyone parted, Kris offering to take Suho home and Kyungsoo begrudgingly agreeing to Chanyeol taking her back.

"By the way I have something," Luhan suddenly let go of their intertwined hands and opened his backpack.

He pulled out the little leather notebook she dropped from earlier.

"My notebook!" Minseok only noticed now, patting down her belongings realizing she didn't have it, "where? What? How!" 

"I found it, you dropped it back in he cafe," Luhan handed it to her, which she proceeded to hug tightly.

"Thank you....," Minseok's gaze sparkled, imagining her life if she had lost the thing.

"Not a problem," Luhan kissed her cheek, "I was wondering though, why buildings?"

"I've actually planned to be a designer all my life, not like Tao or other fashion designers or something, but for designing buildings," Minseok's voice turned happy, showing her love for architecture.

"Buildings?" Luhan wondered, not expecting such a girl to want to design buildings.

"Yes, it's something about going to a place with such a nice atmosphere that makes you just want to stare," and immediately Luhan understood, knowing that when he went to a fancy structure, he was always drawn to how beautiful it looked.


Note: Luhan gets to know a bit more about his girlfriend.

How is this?