All I want for Christmas

Knight in Shining Armor

(Minseok POV)

I ran and ran, my legs carrying me as fast as I could go, the icy wind biting at my exposed skin. My tears trailed down my cheeks, warm against freezing skin. Nobody was outside, all indoors shielded from the cold, spending time with their loved ones before Christmas. Not me. I couldn't feel my legs, but my lungs pushed themselves to continue, my breath turning white at every step, leaving behind a trail. 

Never stopping, I ran down the streets, the coffee shop, school, park, field, Luhan's apartment whizzing by. I didn't want to think of what was happening. Nor did I want to think about why I was running. Was I expecting Luhan to chase after me? The thought lingered in my head, but I didn't dare look back and stop. 

I met the temptation to run somewhere else, run away. At least go to someone else's house. Baekhyun? Yixing? Kyungsoo? No, I was too embarrassed, too ashamed, of myself, how could I even begin to believe that. 

My eyes looked up, at the forming white and black clouds. The first snow. (Trying to fit in as many exo puns as possible) White snow fell, as I slowed down, still in a slight jog, but not as urgent as before. The silence and the falling snow calming me down slightly. It made me more aware of myself. My chest burned, after crying, running, and wailing. 

I met my apartment door. Stepped inside, feeling an envelope of warmth surrounding me. I stared at the small room in front of me. Was this why? He presents me with money because of my lack of wealth? Was I not good enough? Even with my belongings?

I slumped against the wall of the small hallway, not bothering to make my way to the living area, to sit on the couch. I let my tears freely fall, as my chest still beat furiously, slowing down slightly. I had just noticed my aching legs, still shaking from the cold. So I curled into a ball face in my arms. How pathetic.

Then a wave of guilt hit. I left Suho. Would she be okay? 

Knock Knock

A knock filled the air. I froze. Who could it be? Suho? It couldn't be Luhan...

I furiously wiped away at my fallen tears, I could still feel the redness and puffiness in my eyes. I get up, my body suddenly feeling like it weighed a ton. 

I opened the door, then there, standing is the person I specifically told not to talk to me. The one who melted my ice walls, just to build another, stronger wall. 

"Hey, Minse-" He starts, but I shut the door, not wanting to hear it.


(Luhan POV)

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I sprinted, light on my feet, hoping all those years of playing soccer and running around wouldn't go to waste. I ignored the fierce winds attempting to slow me down as I flew by places Minseok could be. I skipped the park knowing it's too cold and without Suho the cafe is closed, so the safest bet would be to go straight to her apartment. 

Minseok where did I go wrong? I was wrong.

Light snow fell from the darkening skies as I checked my phone. 6:48 PM. It was getting darker and colder by the second and I slightly regretted not grabbing a jacket, but that would've taken too much time. 

I was quick to grab my breath and brought a fist up to her door. Was she even here?

I knocked. Waited. Nobody answered. 

Where else would she go? Baekhyun's?

I felt a drop in my chest and was about to turn when the door clicked. Slowly swinging open revealed a disheveled Minseok. My heart immediately sank. Her feet were blue, probably from the cold. Her nose, ears, and eyes were are a burning red, also irritated from rubbing her tears. She was always beautiful, even when she was crying. Then I remembered. I did this. I did this to her.

"Minse-" I tried to explain everything.

The door slammed right then and there, in my face. No! I can't just leave!

"Minseok!" I slapped to door, maybe she would be able to hear me through it. 

"Answer me!" I continued to call.

"Open the door!" "Let me explain!" "Please!" 

"Go away Luhan," her muffled voice, all raspy was faintly heard through. My hopes heightened. 

"Please! Just let me explain everything! What you know isn't the full truth! Please!" I was desperate. 

"Just leave, I already know what I need to," she sounded like she was right on the other side of the door.

"Then I'll stay here! I'll wait! I'll keep waiting until you open up so I can just explain!" I would wait all night in the snow if I had to.

"You're bluffing!" Minseok sounded angry.

"I'm not! You can even check through the window! I'll stay here!" My mouth was just moving on its own by this point.

I heard scurrying, she was probably moving to the window. To show my point I got comfortable against her door. I flinched slightly from the cold ground but I held it in to prove it. 

A small finger and large eye peeked through the curtain. I stared, leaning back to show her I would stay there for any long time. 

"You'll freeze! Leave!" She growled from the window this time.

"Then let me in!" I closed my eyes, I could feel my nose start to go numb. 

"It's snowing! Go home! You have your house and apartment!" She disappeared once more.

"You are my only home now~" I hope I didn't seem like a joke again. She made a sound of exasperation. 


(No POV)

Minseok left and burrowed herself in her blanket covers. She wouldn't give it, no matter what. He was probably just bluffing anyway! Nobody could stay in that cold weather wearing just a shirt and jersey. You'd have to be crazy! But... Luhan is... the type...

Minseok pursed her lips and stared at the clock. Forty minutes passed since then. She started getting fidgety, so she once again leapt out of her bed to the window. A peak couldn't hurt, and he might not even notice! 

Oh my gosh. He was still there. 

"Minseok, I know you are there," Luhan muttered. 

"Why are you still here!?" Minseok squeaked. 

"I need to explain," Luhan slurred. His lips were losing its color. 

"Just go home!" Minseok bit her cheek.

"No! I can..t.. not yet... I have... scarf...," he held up the red muffler.

"Then wear it or something!" Minseok wanted to hit her forehead on the wall. This whole time he had the muffler!?

"No, I won't, it's for you! Not me," Luhan folded it and set it aside to its original spot.

Minseok felt her heart soften, just a bit. Would it be worth listening? Or would she just get hurt again? 

"Fine," Minseok gave in. 

Luhan on the other hand was confused, Minseok just said that and.. left? Was he really supposed to stay out there forever?

Then, the door clicked open. Luhan whipped his head in the direction. 

"Minseok," he breathed, swooning for a second. 

"Don't get the wrong idea, I don't want to get arrested or something..." Minseok hid behind the door.

Luhan stood to get up, but his numb legs made him lose his balance. Minseok ran forward coming out from the door and balanced him.

"Are you okay?" It scared her seeing Luhan like this.

Luhan chose to just nod, biting back the urge to ask if she was worried for him. 

"I-I wanted to say," Luhan started explaining.

"We'll talk later, come inside properly first, you are letting in the cold air," Minseok swallowed her pride and walked Luhan inside her apartment. 

Luhan groaned, shivering. Minseok made a run to cover him with a blanket. 

She sat at the edge of the sofa, and with the little space there was, Luhan's head ended up on her lap. Just naturally her own hand made its way, running through his soft locks. Luhan sighed in content, quickly warming up from Minseok's hospitality.


Luhan hid his own face from view, happy from doing this after such a long time of being away. 

Then he remembered, he wasn't completely off the hook. He straightened himself, sitting upright. Minseok froze, not expecting that from Luhan, to pull away first. 

"About that all, before," Luhan commented, Minseok herself stiffened, "Where to start? From the beginning maybe?" 

Minseok stayed silent, waiting. 

"My fiancee was arranged by my parents," Luhan said.

"I would've understood but why did you have to say everything else?" Minseok massaged her nose bridge.

"My father made me quit the team, and it was better if they hated me, so I said I loved her," Luhan mentioned.

"Do you?" It was an necessary question but she wanted to know the answer. 

"I don't, not in that way, she's just a friend, almost like a sister to be honest," Luhan thought aloud.

"I-I see, then what's with all the presents!? And the money?" Minseok was processing all these things. 

"I just thought that you would like them? And it would keep you from suspicion? And I thought without your debt you'd be happier.." Luhan scratched his head.

"Are you telling the truth," she had her doubts,"do you love me?"

"What? Minseok? Why would you even doubt that? Of course I love you! I was meaning to protect you!" Luhan grabbed Minseok's wrists. 

"I just..." Minseok averted her attention, unable to face him. 

Luhan let go seeing her reaction. Of course he brought it upon himself and she had every right to have her doubts. 

"I'm sorry, it's my fault," Luhan also turned his head down. A long silence passed, an awkward vibe filling the air.

"I forgive you," Minseok whispered, relieving Luhan," but that doesn't mean I trust you, you'll have to earn that back." Luhan's head dropped at what she added. 

"I'll work hard..." Luhan muttered, leaning against the couch arm. 

"Is there anything else I should know?" Minseok asked, trying to prepare for anthing in the future. He was silent. 

"Minseok," Luhan stated, facing Minseok.

"What is it?" Minseok felt her mind fill with worry.

He took a second, and took a breath.

.

.

.

"Should we break up?"


Note: ...sorry guys >.>

It's a bit of a shorter chapter! I've been pretty busy, so expect the next update to come a bit slower! 
I hate to end on this note, but tell me what you think so far! 
I'm sorry if this chapter seems rushed, bcus it kind of was... SORRY!!! ; v ;