Attention Captain

Knight in Shining Armor

(No POV)

"Minseok."

"Oh, what's up," a relaxed smile rested on the said girl's lips. 

"Is that seat taken," gesturing to the empty bleachers.

"As far as I can tell, there aren't any people sitting here besides me," she gave a small pat to the space besides her. 

"I take that as a yes." They sighed and plopped besides Minseok, who in turn, shut her book and brought her knees a bit closer to her body. 

"What brings you here?" Minseok rested her chin in her palm. 

"hmm, no reason, should I need one?" they swayed lightly, beaming at the shorter. 

"Baekhyun."

"Fine, fine, I just wanted an update on you guys!" Baekhyun nudged Minseok's shoulder teasingly.

Minseok smiled widely. About one year passed, everyone was in their third and last year. She became used to all the new things she hadn't been before, less shy and didn't become red at the topic of her boyfriend. 

"Just the usual I guess?" Minseok giggled.

"It's been a year and you still don't share that much with me, or any of us," Baekhyun pouted, "I'd ask Luhan, but you know how he is. So protective to the point where he won't share how cute you two are. Sehun always likes to brag about his dates with Yixing, and Yixing does too! Do you have any idea what it's like to listen to the same story more than once!?" she fumed. 

"Well..." Minseok started.

She was busy thinking of the last time something happened between them that was sharing worthy, to Baekhyun at least, that she didn't notice that the soccer team was done with their practice match. 

"Minmin!" A presence is suddenly by her other side, radiating a sudden warmth, not to mention it was breathing ecstatically. 

"Luhan!?" Minseok turned abrubtly, only to be enveloped by Luhan, who was sweaty and covered in mud and grass. 

"Happy to see me?" He pecks her cheek, and smiles so widely that his chin disappears, love evident in his eyes. 

"Not now! Go change or take a shower!" Trying to pry him off, Luhan laughs loudly. She was always crazy around anything dirty. Finally, Minseok managed to calm him down and he sat quietly, but still smiling crazily, like an excited puppy when it's ordered to sit. Why? Minseok had fished out her old handkerchief, newly embroidered with hers and Luhan's initials. They had gotten out and bought Luhan a matching one and stitched their names together. Minseok loomed over Luhan, focusing on cleaning the sweat and dirt from his face. 

"I remember..." Baekhyun muttered. The couple turned, forgetting her presence. "I remember why I don't ask you two about stories, you two have too much PDA enough already, I think I'd cringe hearing how sweet your actual dates are. Eck I think I'd get diabetes," Baekhyun stuck out her tongue. 

They both laughed. 

Luhan's lips pursed into a tight smile and his eyes darkened for a brief second. Something only Baekhyun managed to catch, but eventually brushed off. After all, Minseok was pressed against his side. His hand tightly gripped her waist. 


"Luhan."

"What's up baby?" Luhan beamed. He could never get enough of even hearing his name escape from his girlfriend's lips. 

"What are you doing this weekend?" Minseok asked, not looking up from her phone. 

"Are you asking me out on a date?" He leaned forward onto the desk. It was break time and Luhan always stuck to Minseok when he got the chance.

"You're my boyfriend, do we even need to call them 'dates' anymore?" Looking up from her phone to give him an 'are you serious' look. 

"Just wanted to hear you say it~" he sang. 

"Yes, I am asking you out, are you free?" Minseok raised a brow questioningly.

"Nope, actually, I'll be busy all weekend," his eyes diverted to the window. 

"Soccer practice? If you want I can come later, watch you guys practice, the usual," Minseok tilted her head to face Luhan.

"As much as I love that, it's not that," scratching the back of his head nervously. 

Minseok let it go begrudgingly. Luhan usually was the type of person to tell her where and when he was going to places, whether or not she wanted to know. She was expected to do the same, but usually didn't unless he asked. It was odd of him to be keeping it a secret this time, but it's not like she didn't trust him. 

The bell rang, signaling the next period. Only a few more hours until the day was over, starting the weekend.

He bent down to peck her cheek. Waved and slowly backed out of the room, knocking into a few desks on the way out, becoming the topic of laughter for the next few minutes in the class. Minseok merely waved, eyes softening at her boyfriend. 


Brrrrrrvvvvvvvvvttt Brrrrrvvvvt

Minseok felt her phone buzz in her lap during last period. 

2:48 Luhan: Hello my baozi~ ;P

2:49 Me: Luhan, you shouldn't text me during class. We might get caught

2:49 Luhan: boo... I just wanted to make sure you weren't mad at me...

2:49 Me: Why would I be mad?

2:49 Luhan: Because of earlier >.<

2:50 Me: If you want to go somewhere, you don't have to tell me everything

2:51 Me: I trust you

2:51 Luhan: Okay... TT.TT But I'll walk you home today

2:51 Me: You always walk me home

2:52 Luhan: We can stop by for coffee too? :O

2:52 Me: I'm not mad, no need to bribe me...

2:52 Luhan: hehe, I'm just being a good boyfriend <3 <3 <3

2:52 Me: You are so bribing me right now...

2:52 Luhan: I love you~ <3 <3 <3

2:54 Me: I love you too

Minseok sighed and shoved her phone under her thigh and skirt, the teacher making his way to her side of the class, reading aloud an English passage. Her cheeks dusted pink, from Luhan's cheesiness and from the fear of getting caught. She was always a good student, after all. 


Luhan dashed to Minseok, where she was wrapping her scarf around her small neck. It was thin and red, he made a mental note to gift her a thicker one, maybe for Christmas. The weather was rapidly getting colder, and Minseok's nose was red from the wind. 

"Minseokkie," he offered a hand for her bag, but as usual, she refused. Still unused to the average couple dynamic. 

"Luhan," Minseok tilted her head up to his eyes, "you should change." There he was, still in his red soccer uniform, shins covered in grass. 

"Come with me?" Luhan grinned.

"Of course," Minseok silently walked alongside him, and as the halls emptied out Luhan offered his hand. She intertwined her own small fingers with his, and they swung their arms lightly.

"I have a request," Luhan muttered.

"What would that be?" Minseok asked.

"Will you grab my arm?" Luhan brought a finger to his cheek. Minseok let go of their arms and had a loose hold on his wrist.

"Like this?" 

"uh... no, like... do this," he awkwardly put hooked his arm around Minseok's and used the other to do the same. 

"Like this?" Minseok did so, comfortably, and Luhan felt his heart flutter. Sure, over the past year they did more than hold hands and kiss, but it was the little intimate things that got his heart racing. Minseok always seemed to fit perfectly by his side, it was like a dream. 

Luhan looked down, seeing Minseok looking a bit confused. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, "I just wanted to try it, you don't have to if you don't want to." Maybe she was still uncomfortable with it. 

"It's just, I thought you wouldn't want me to do this sort of thing, all those girls used to do that before and you always looked annoyed," Minseok bit her lip. 

Luhan brought her hand to his lips, "that's because they weren't you." 

"How cheesy."

"Just the way you like it."

The two continued down the hall, and she waited outside as Luhan quickly changed at the soccer locker room. 


The two slowly walked down, Minseok insisting on canned coffee rather than the old cafe from earlier. Minseok was still reluctant to return ever since the old manager leaving. 

She sometimes wondered when Suho would return. Suho probably told her back then, but due to the intense explosion of events, it escaped her memory. 

Minseok breathed in deeply, inhaling the scent of the warm canned coffee. Luhan his hand up and down along her back, in an attempt to warm both her and his hand. 

"You know I'm not mad at you," Minseok insisted.

"I just thought maybe..." Luhan looked down.

"Please, if you keep saying that, I will," Minseok sighed deeply, feeling frustrated. As Luhan continued to bring up the topic, she was getting continuously more curious. 

"If you want to know, you can just say so," Luhan bit his cheek.

"What, luhan-" Minseok was about to persist again. 

"Please, I know you are curious, admit it, I know if I don't tell you, you'll keep thinking about it," Luhan eyes saddened slightly. He was right. Even through all their ups and downs, Minseok still couldn't admit her worries and thoughts to him. 

"What's happening this weekend?" Minseok gripped her boyfriend's jacket. 

"I'm seeing my parents," he whispered quietly. Luhan hadn't often talked about his parents, and for all she knew, they may not know about her yet either. 

"I understand." Minseok held onto Luhan's arm like before, and squeezed his hand.

That was what Luhan needed to ensure their trust. The couple was usually silent alone, but in a larger group, much more vocal. They could go with understanding using a shared look, small touches, and such. 

After a few more steps they reached Minseok's stop. 

They stood at the front of her apartment complex and took a small step away from each other. Luhan still had yet to let go of her hand. His thumb rubbed along her fingers, lingered for a second, then parted. 

"I love you," Minseok breathed and gave a final look at Luhan before turning to leave.

"Me too," Luhan whispered. "I love you," he muttered so quietly, that she didn't catch it. 

He painfully looked up, watching his girlfriend hurry up the stairs to her apartment floor. 


Note: You know how Luhan is, calling everyone baby and using that "yo" talk

Let me know what you guys think! 

And one more thing, would you prefer