Meet Minseok

Knight in Shining Armor

(No POV)

Luhan paced back and forth, loosening the tie around his neck, biting his lip as he knocked on the door in front of him. The outside are bit at his lips as soon as he got out of his car. He heard footsteps getting louder and louder.

The door opened to reveal Minseok, dressed in a fancy little one piece specifically chosen out for the dinner meeting by Tao. It was conservative, mature, and innocent. The whole ensemble was minimalist, unusual to Tao's usual designing, but it was for the better.

The dress was a deep navy blue color, long sleeves and a high neck line. It made her look modest, with the skirt right above her knees, with black tights underneath. It hugged her body just enough to make her look womanly, but not like she was trying to go clubbing. The point was a pair of tiny dangly earrings and a bracelet to match.

Minseok's hair was wavy, swept up into a messy-on-purpose kind of bun, her fringe framing her face just enough. In all, it was perfect.

Luhan took an intake of breath, his heart skipped a beat, and he was on his toes. Not because of how good she looks, or the nervousness of meeting his parents. It just always happened when he happened to meet her eyes. Those bright big catty eyes, silent, but always sent a message.

"How do I look? I even got Baekhyun to help me with the makeup," Minseok made a move to her touch her eyes but when she remembered Baekhyun scolding her earlier for messing it up she retracted it. 

"Dazzling," Luhan blurted out, completely sincere, "you're always pretty, no matter what."

"And you are cheesy no matter what," Minseok brushed past his shoulder lightly, but when she brushed her fringe behind her ear as she walked by he noticed the red tinge decorating her cheeks.

Luhan grinned further and chucked off his jacket, then delicately draping it around her arms.

"Here, you look cold, your cheeks are red," he teased, walking up to open the car door for her.

"Stop," Minseok bit her lip and hid her face beneath her palm, but not rejecting the jacket.

"So, did all go well yesterday?" Luhan turned his head.

"I suppose, Tao gave me far too many clothes and stuff," Minseok admitted guiltily, she knew designer clothes and accessories weren't exactly cheap. She also had to get some makeup, she couldn't always ask Baekhyun.

"It was his choice, it's your payment for playing his doll for the day," Luhan sensed her drooping shoulders.

"I guess so," Minseok felt a slight ease.

"Well, we are almost here," Luhan pulled into the driveway to his parent's house. They could've walked, but the nervousness probably would do something for their legs. It was cold anyway, the warm buzzing of the engine comforted the couple.

Stopping the car brought a strange feeling onto Minseok.

Quickly, Luhan ran out and opened her side of the door quickly, stealing a quick kiss before she could react. 

"You'll do fine, we've come prepared, you aren't alone," Luhan assured. He knew that she would be feeling nervous, anyone in that position would be feeling the same.

Minseok remembered her lessons with all of her friends from the past week and straightened her back as they neared the front door. 


"Hello," Luhan's mother opened the door to find her son and a mysterious girl.

"Hi," Luhan curtly nodded, "this is Minseok, my date."

"It's nice to meet you," Minseok bowed, and smiled radiantly, "my name is Kim Minseok."

"It's nice to meet you too Minseok," she replied warmly, beckoning them in, "please, let's go to the living space, your father should be here in a little while, in the meantime, I'd like to get acquaintance with your... date." She was obvious looking Minseok up and down, wondering if her son picked someone as rowdy as himself.

They all sat on the sofas, Luhan and Minseok on one loveseat and his mother on another. Minseok smoothed her skirt and sat, remembering Sehun's harsh coaching.

"So, you go to the same school? When did you two meet, you look very young," she purred.

"Yes I do, we met in our freshmen year, I'm about the same age as your son," Minseok stated clearly, something Luhan wasn't used to. Chen's teachings clearly payed off because Minseok seemed far more confident, especially in front of someone she would expected to be one of the least comfortable people to talk to.

"Oh? And what are your hobbies?" She questioned.

"I have many actually! Although my studies are my main focus, in my free time I fence, design, and well, look at clothes," Minseok tested the particular route of becoming friends with Luhan's mother, seeing that she had an eye for fashion, decorated in a high end ensemble.

"Fencing? How impressive," A hand went to in faux gasp and he leaned in to see her closer. Bingo. "Oh, I must say, where did you get that bracelet, it's absolutely beautiful."

Tao gave her that tip. She could use her outfit to strike conversation before the tension. It wasn't really manipulating her if she actually wanted to make a good impression on her... right?

"It's Tiffany's, dazzling isn't it," Minseok held out her wrist, showing off the sparkling jewels.

Luhan in a breath of air noticing that she just quoted him from earlier. He didn't know if he should laugh, feel offended, or both. He settled on keeping his mouth shut.

"It's define, I must say Minseok, you and me may get along quite well. Your tastes are fine," she complimented, taking Minseok's hand. 

Luhan was in awe seeing how his girlfriend was able to handle things so easily. His mother was easier to please, but he still hadn't expected it to happen this quickly. 

"I'm looking forward to it," Minseok grinned happily. Suddenly her hand is empty again.

"Oh! You're here!" Minseok felt her hand return to her side when Luhan's mother looks up happily.

The two turned, seeing Luhan's father in the archway, looking poised, sleek black suit and gelled hair. His furrowed brows didn't hide the fact that he was not in a good mood. Then again, was he ever?

"Son," he grunted.

"Good afternoon," Luhan and Minseok stood to greet him, "this is Minseok."

"I know," he scoffed and turned his heel to go to the dining room before Minseok could say anything.

"Dinner should be ready," Luhan's mother tried to cover up her husband's rudeness to her newfound friend by showing them to the dining table.

Minseok tried to hide her surprise and followed Mrs. Lu.

"Don't let it get to you," Luhan whispered into her ear.

Minseok was able to breath again, remembering he was right there.


For the most part they all sat and ate in silence, Mrs. Lu only breaking the silence once in a while to bring up her own pointless news about what happened to her recently. 

"Father, this is the girl I mentioned," Luhan pursed his lips, having enough of his father's ridiculousness. 

"And what of it," he hadn't even spared a look.

"She's the one I'd like to marry, you told me to find someone to marry in our deal," Luhan's voice got louder.

"But I don't think she is a formidable woman," he overpowered Luhan's fit.

"Please, Mr. Lu, at least give me a chance," she defended herself. 

"Fine," she was taken aback when he immediately agreed, leaning back in his seat.

"What do you think is a formidable woman?" Minseok chose to ask him instead.

"I believe that Miss Minseok is quite the girl," Mrs. Lu put a hand on her husband's hand. Minseok thanked her mentally.

"Tell me," he turned to her.

"She's studious, feminine, has her hobbies, and I think she's very nice!" she described.

"And that's it? I could find any girl that is better fitted to my son," Mr. Lu scoffed again but his eyes wavered, seeing she was actually a very good candidate.

"Her parents are the Kim scholars!" Luhan remembered, "this is great for the Lu name, isn't it?" He tried to change his father's mind, seeing that he leaned in to listen.

Minseok stayed silent, not wanting to brag about he family line or herself. 

"The Kims?"

"Yes, the famous teachers, who are currently in the U.S.," he continued, "those other candidates, do they have a bigger name than that? I don't think so father."

"That's perfect, I met the couple once, they are absolutely delightful darling!" Mrs. Lu gushed, nervously trying to persuade him.

"I... suppose."

Yes. They were close, he was so close to agreeing.

"Yeah, and just like her parents, she's smart too!" Luhan pushed further.

"Just how smart is she," Suddenly a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"Her marks are always near or perfect," Luhan confessed for her, "she's great too, she always knows how to guide me around too."

"Hm," he sat back, and instead he looked strangely, unpleased? "I don't like that," he growled, "An important businessman shouldn't be behind his wife."

"What?" Luhan was taken aback at his father's sudden reversal.

"A wife shouldn't be like that, it creates a bad image for a strong business partner," Mr. Lu said a matter-of-factly. 

Luhan thought, so what his father was saying was the Minseok was... too... good?

"I think it's time for your acquaintance to leave now," he grumbled. 

"This isn't the end," Luhan stood abruptly, taking Minseok's wrist angrily. 

"Luhan!" Mrs. Lu also stood, trying to calm the situation. 

Minseok instead sat down again. She gave Luhan a stern look, that he was being childish and wanted him to sit down.

"Minseok we should go," he pleaded.

"I told you to go," his father agreed, not wanting to see her face there anymore.

"No, I know that you will refuse to see me if I leave now," Minseok gave a harsh look at his father, not liking his attitude. 

Begrudgingly Luhan realized the same and sat back down in his seat.

"Now as for you, Mr. Lu, always mentioning that deal you made with Luhan, let me hear it," Minseok swiftly turned her head to the man, with surprised eyes.

"And why should I do that?" He bit back.

"Fine, I'll leave this place, only if you give me the deal, word for word," Minseok huffed.

"... go," He was practically boiling with rage.


Note: The end is coming soon... will it be happy? or will they have to separate????

Comment down below!