Double Take

Knight in Shining Armor

(No POV)

Leisurely brushing the dirt off his dark navy dress pants, making sure nothing else got on his striped button down vest. He stood silently, his face continued to smile, unfazed by being threatened. This only angered Sehun further.

"Luhan, come on, get dressed, what are you doing wearing those stuffy clothes our dads wear," Kris grit his teeth, those two were making a bad rep. for their team on Suho. He covered his head with one hand, his other hand resting on his hip. Sometimes he thought about quitting as co captain after all this bull he went through.

"Come on, Sehun, we talk about this later hm?" Chen suggested, placing a hand on the said man's shoulder.

"Che-" Sehun shook off the hand and pulled out his phone, texting someone furiously. 

"Yeah, sorry, but I won't be joining you children for your... games anymore," Luhan commented. His team whipped their heads in his direction so quickly they might've gotten a whiplash. 

"What?" Chanyeol's jaw dropped, unable to process what he just said.

"I'm quitting the team."

"But.. Lu-ge!" Tao pushed Chen out of his way and put his hands in fists, throwing a fit.

"Stop. Tao, get your act together, I have more important things to do," Luhan tilted his chin up, crossing his arms, gripping his suit jacket thrown over his shoulder. Luhan had a light smile on his face and put it on, ignoring everyone's bulging eyes.

"YOU-!" Sehun rushed to him once again, clenched fist rushing to his wrist.

"Me?" Luhan caught Sehun's own wrist and pried it away from himself, dropping it like it was dirty.

"HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO US? OUR CAPTAIN!? MORE LIKE A COLD HEARTED BASTARD!" Sehun shouted, everyone shocked by his behavior, usually in cases like this Sehun would just scoff and mutter quietly, minding his own business.

"Sehun! Why are you being like this? He is quitting the team, understand that! Maybe he has his own reasons!" Chen desperately reasoned.

"THERE'S MORE TO IT! THIS LOW LIFE IS ALSO A CHEATER, A STINKING LIAR! THE BIGGEST F*** BOY I KNOW!" Sehun retorted.

"I'm not cold hearted. I have parents. Therefore, not a bastard child. I'm not a liar or a f*** boy," Luhan defended.

"But you don't deny being a cheater?" Yixing pointed, she had walked into the field, most likely after hearing the texts, Kyungsoo, Jongin, and Baekhyun following behind closely.

"Who's this?" Luhan ignored her, gesturing to the confused Jongin.

"Um.. I'm Kim Jongin, I go by Kai on stage. Dance major. Someone texted Yixing, and the rest of us followed behind I guess?" Jongin looked blanked out, not knowing what was happening.

"Well, nice to be your acquaintance," Luhan held out a hand to shake. Jongin extended his own to retaliate but Sehun reached out and slapped Luhan's hand. 

"Don't bother touching this traitor," He warned Jongin, glaring back at Luhan. "Explain."

"What's there to explain?" Luhan pined innocence.

"Yixing, would you like to explain, to all of us?" Sehun groaned.

"Who's this?" Yixing whipped out her cell phone, to the candid photos of him and the girl from before. She wanted to defend Luhan, but seeing as how he was being so standoffish made her hair stand on end. She was worried that her friend was dating the wrong guy, needing answers. 

"Maybe it was someone else? Luhan! Do you have some sister you've never talked about?" Tao defended, scared that this was the beginning of everyone breaking apart. After all, this could all be some sort of joke, or a misunderstanding, everything could be well, just a common case of miscommunication.

"Luhan doesn't have a sister, or any female cousins that age," Kris thought back to the times he met any female relatives to Luhan.

"She could just be a friend? Luhan may have had her balanced, or I don't know!? She was injured! Say something Luhan!" Tao looked at him hopefully.

"Ah yes, my fiancee," Luhan's eyes softened, "She's quite wonderful, maybe I'll invite you all to our wedding, she's beautiful, smart, great wife material, and she understands me."

"Fiancee!?" Chanyeol repeated.

"WHAT!? You mean all this time you were dating some other girl!? Were you just playing Minseokkie all this time?" Baekhyun hugged her boyfriend's arm, unable to even think of the possibility that Chanyeol was doing the same to her. Chanyeol wrapped an arm around her as if saying to Luhan "don't touch my girlfriend". 

"Hmmm...." Luhan mused.

"Just get to the point," Kyungsoo's face darkened, pushing Jongin behind her, "Do you love your fiancee?"

"I do," Luhan stated, without missing a beat. 

Everyone's face drained, even Jongin, who didn't know any of these people. Then they understood Sehun, he hated cheaters. He could be sassy and bratty, but it was always completely out of the question that he would ever even think of cheating on Yixing. He loved her, no matter what. 

"Get out of here, you traitor, before I really try to beat you," Sehun's clenched fists shook like vibrations, as he kept his head down, controlling himself as Yixing took his side, soothing him. Even Kyungsoo had her enraged face on, one that hasn't been seen since Minseok's bullies confronting her. 

"Ah, I must get going anyway, I have a date," Luhan bid adieu to the crew, sauntering off pridefully, still smirking as he his heel. 

He kept his chin up and his back straight the entire time. Right as the door shut as he entered the sleek black Bentley his shoulder sagged, head slumped between his legs, as he swiftly took a punch at the head of the dashboard. 

"I can't keep doing this..." he muttered, his teeth grit, feeling worn. 

Brrrzzzzzt Brrrrzzzztttt 

"Father," Luhan ran a hand through his hair, making a mental note to fix it before meeting his fiancee and parents.

"Have you done it?" He asked.

"Yes, I have," Luhan's voice shook at the end. 

"You've done well," His father praised. Luhan didn't exactly feel praised, but more like he was punished.


"What a jerk," Chen dropped to a low squat, feeling drained suddenly. The rest of them followed, either sitting, or just flat out laying on the grass. 

They sat there silently, still in shock of what just happened.

"Guys, I brought drinks! Did I take too long?" Minseok hurried over, looking at the team's grim faces, a small plastic bag in hand. "Oh! Yixing, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jongin! What are you doing here! Did they call you as well? The more the merrier! I should've bought more drinks!" She stared at the in hand.

"No, it's fine, Sehun just called us all over!" Yixing tried smiling, her dimple faintly appearing, unlike normally. 

"Is everything okay?" Minseok's eyebrow's furrowed.

"Well-" Tao opened his mouth, eyes tearing up, but Baekhyun clamped it shut.

"Not yet..." she muttered in his ear.

"What? Should I call Luhan? Maybe if he's free we can all-" Minseok trailed off, as the silence explained itself. 

"NO! I mean... he's busy, I saw him earlier," Sehun hung his head.

"Minseok, we should talk," Kyungsoo stood, only to have Minseok sit, everyone gathering around her.

"Okay, but what's going on? Did something happen? Why does everyone need to be here?" Minseok looked so lost, so confused.

"Did you ever think, that this Luhan, your boyfriend, wasn't the one?" Suho's hardened eyes looked up seriously at her. 

"O-Of course? He's nice and sweet, and he helped me through so much!" Minseok's cheeks turned pink, unused to confessing in front of this audience.

"Did you ever think that he was nice to you because you needed help? Like he pity-dated you? Guys like that exist out there," Jongin spoke up, remembering some guys from his old dance school talking about dating easy girls. 

"No! He said.. he said, he said he loved me!" Minseok urged, "What's going on? Was Luhan here? What, you two don't even met him yet! Are there rumors about him floating around because of me?" 

"Minseok. It's not that. He cheated on you," Kyungsoo broke it to her. 

"What do you mean? Are girls saying that because of me? That he's cheating so I'll break up with him?" Minseok tried throwing the blame on herself, trying to defend him. It pained them, all of them, to see her desperation, and giving herself to blame for a man who was using her.

"It's not you Minseok, IT'S NOT YOU!" Baekhyun reassured, "Remember all those gifts! Don't you think that he might just be using you? Maybe to cover that he already has a fiancee he's going to run away with some day!?" 

All was quiet, they hadn't told her that there was a fiancee. 

"He has a what?" Minseok's eyes drained, looking blank. 

"He has a fiancee, he admitted it, Luhan was just here, but left to her," Kris informed, an update. 

"I don't, I can't believe it," Minseok backed up, not wanting to face the truth, was all that a lie? 

Luhan rubbing her hands so she could be warm, Luhan cuddling her, Luhan whispering sweet nothings into her ears, Luhan sticking around her like gum whenever he had the chance, Luhan's sneaky hands wandering on her thighs, Luhan. Was that just an act? Or was it real. 

Things started to look grey, Minseok had grey areas in her life. They turned into color once Luhan stepped in it. Now Luhan seemed so unreal, and her whole world dimmed, once again. A familiar feeling she hadn't felt in years.

Suho took note of her friend breaking down again. 

"Minseok please, don't do this to us, to me. That guy couldn't have meant your whole life? See, here I'm back by your side. It wasn't your fault. It's mine. I left you and some rotten delinquent got a hold of you when he had the chance, I'm so sorry," Suho embraced her in a tight hug, filling her cold body with warmth. Baekhyun followed, attacking them in a hug. Yixing, Tao, Chen, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo followed. Sehun and Kris pat her free shoulder and head, Jongin settling to stay behind, as he didn't know if he was allowed. 

Minseok opened her eyes, and beckoned Jongin over, reminded of a lost puppy. He happily complied and they all stayed like that for a while. 

"What will you do now?" Chen hesitantly asked. 

"I.. I don't know. I don't trust him as much now, but I still want to get a direct answer from him, I want to test him," Minseok stood, strong eyes.

"Let's make a plan, let's see how nice our sweet ex captain is after all," Sehun bit. 

They all huddled around, making ideas in the cold, windy soccer field.


Note: Mr. Lulu is in for it!

Comments?